Lets Talk AI robots....

+
Lets Talk AI robots....

As smart as humanbeings? Smarter? or just dumb bots? I prefer them to be dumb bots, i dont want to have a existential conversation with a robot this time.

2020 didn't have many AI's and robots were not usually humanoid, (and were usually remote controlled.)

The few AI that were mentioned took huge amounts of data storage space and power.

If there are AI and humanoid robots in 2077 then I would hope that they would be rare and very expensive. Human life should be portrayed as a cheap commodity that is easy replaced. That a big part of the Cyberpunk ethos for me. Robotics could help in portraying that.

Also:

www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/threads/1652-Robots-nanites-and-other-automated-appliances?

There are few bots in Chromebook 3, page 88 onward. The Brandt-Neumann Washbot to wash floors and windows, the Carolli M-bot to clean your entire flat, the Carolli V-bot to vacuum and take out the trash, and then of course there are some assassin and security bots.

I, Robot? No.

There are few bots in Chromebook 3, page 88 onward. The Brandt-Neumann Washbot to wash floors and windows, the Carolli M-bot to clean your entire flat, the Carolli V-bot to vacuum and take out the trash, and then of course there are some assassin and security bots.

I, Robot? No.

So... can i have a sexy-french-o-maid 2000? (This reminds me too much of that thread, you know, the one with sexy french maid robots and sexy french maid robocops.. Good times..)

2020 didn't have many AI's and robots were not usually humanoid, (and were usually remote controlled.)

The few AI that were mentioned took huge amounts of data storage space and power.

If there are AI and humanoid robots in 2077 then I would hope that they would be rare and very expensive. Human life should be portrayed as a cheap commodity that is easy replaced. That a big part of the Cyberpunk ethos for me. Robotics could help in portraying that.

Also:

www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/threads/1652-Robots-nanites-and-other-automated-appliances?

I completely agree with you.. AI robots should exist, but they should be extremely expansive and rare.

So... can i have a sexy-french-o-maid 2000? (This reminds me too much of that thread, you know, the one with sexy french maid robots and sexy french maid robocops...

Wow, I had forgotten about that. Some of the best Photoshop work I've done on here after CyborgIronsides Ladyboys.

What I'd like to see from a sci-fi or cyberpunk series are robots who are fully intergrated and accepted into human society. None of the typical us verse them, do they have a soul, what is the measure of free will stuff. Nope; robots who have equal rights as humans and who happily live and work alongside us.

What I'd like to see from a sci-fi or cyberpunk series are robots who are fully intergrated and accepted into human society. None of the typical us verse them, do they have a soul, what is the measure of free will stuff. Nope; robots who have equal rights as humans and who happily live and work alongside us.

Are you kidding me? Don't you know anything about cyberpunk at all? Like Chris explained, in cyberpunk true AI is really rare, and if there are robots (androids) with true AI, they would be even more rare.. There are some humanoid robots that does the cleaning and other stuff, but their software is so simple, they can only do the one job they are programmed for, just like Mac explained.. So.. no equality.. If it is a robot with a true AI, it is even more valuable than a human, because it is really rare and thus expansive.. If it is a robot with simple (not as sophisticated) software (like VI or something like that) it is not that valuable..

Well he said sci-fi or cyberpunk. At no point in my opinion did he expect to see'em in CP2077.

This is the "Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion" section of CP77 forum.. You are saying that he, out of nowhere (we were discussing the state of AI and robots on CP77 after all), wanted to state his opinion about how robots should be integrated in human society on sci-fi and cyberpunk related stuff... (Was he talking about anime and tv shows perhaps?) And you think it doesn't relate to CP2020 or CP77 (since he didn't say CDP77) and it still makes sense to you..

This is the "Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion" section of CP77 forum.. You are saying that he, out of nowhere (we were discussing the state of AI and robots on CP77 after all), wanted to state his opinion about how robots should be integrated in human society on sci-fi and cyberpunk related stuff... (Was he talking about anime and tv shows perhaps?) And you think it doesn't relate to CP2020 or CP77 (since he didn't say CDP77) and it still makes sense to you..
Yes! These topics go little bit of the rails everyday here. And it's all good in my opinion.

And AI in a robot body? Not in CP2020, maaybe in 2077. What's more likely is an AI using a robot body (or more than just one) as a drone. And as for AIs taking up a heap of resources, even in 2020 they mention several rogue AIs that have sent out their 'programming' in clumps of code strewn around the Net, or even duplicating themselves. So maybe they could have a small section of their 'code' controlling a robot body as a drone. Could look fully human if they're available by 2077.

And lets face it, just replace the sloppy organic bits (ie the brain) from a Gemini FCC, and add in a computer additional 'memory' space, and you'd have your human looking 'robot'.

As for 'dumb' bots? Again, I can totally see that. Even having humanoid 'bots what can go down to the corner store to get you some 'fo-milk' that you forgot to get on the way home so you can have it on your kibble breakfast cereal. Have a read of Robopocalypse for some other ideas. And that's set in around 2040 from memory.

Interesting concept. Not sure if it would work all that well in this case. Especially when people without a SIN, (State Identification Number,) often called "Zeroes", have no rights as they don't officially exist. Corporate owned AIs/Androids would probably have more rights than many humans in those circumstances.

Again though, the whole point of the argument is 'should there be AI/Robots' and the only way to answer that is to work out what purpose/role would they fulfil in the 2077 society. The main reason today is 'risk to human life' and 'cheaper labour'. Neither of these reasons are viable in a true Cyberpunk society because the value of human life should be so low that most employers would rather use 'expendable' employees who are 10 a penny than expensive robots.

Interesting concept. Not sure if it would work all that well in this case. Especially when people without a SIN, (State Identification Number,) often called "Zeroes", have no rights as they don't officially exist. Corporate owned AIs/Androids would probably have more rights than many humans in those circumstances.

Again though, the whole point of the argument is 'should there be AI/Robots' and the only way to answer that is to work out what purpose/role would they fulfil in the 2077 society. The main reason today is 'risk to human life' and 'cheaper labour'. Neither of these reasons are viable in a true Cyberpunk society because the value of human life should be so low that most employers would rather use 'expendable' employees who are 10 a penny than expensive robots.

Forget about all that, tell me, can we have our french maid robot servants now?

Jokes aside, i wonder how basic software (non-AI) assassin robots work.. I'm thinking they must be very clumsy..

Forget about all that, tell me, can we have our french maid robot servants now?

Yes, but they will cost an arm and a leg.

Scratch that, an arm and a leg is only about 2000eb if you know where to look...

Jokes aside, i wonder how basic software (non-AI) assassin robots work.. I'm thinking they must be very clumsy..

Well, the "A.R. Model A-2" in 'Chrome book 3' is only 15cm wide and 6cm high. Basically a large archnid design that creeps up on you and uses injected toxins.

Yes, but they will cost an arm and a leg.

Scratch that, an arm and a leg is only about 2000eb if you know where to look...

Well, the "A.R. Model A-2" in 'Chrome book 3' is only 15cm wide and 6cm high. Basically a large archnid design that creeps up on you and uses injected toxins.

They are doing a very (And i mean VERY) complex job. They have to navigate to their target, then actually find their target, then successfully kill their target, then somehow (i mean hopefully) return to their owner after getting the job done.. (I imagine returning part is not always the priority, but the owner might still want it back)

I imagine a humanoid version could also be useful, they could pose as basic shopping or cleaning bot, kill their target and then just run away from the premises.. (HK-47 style.. :D )

By the way, did we even have humanoid cleaning bots? All i remember is a trashcan with arms.. :D

Top Bottom