Literally going Solo possible?

+
I hope that your companions are based on the decisions you make and also that you have the choice if you want to go with them or not. I like having someone to "talk" with. Playing all the time alone is a bit boring but I want to have the choice. If I want to do it the stealth way I don't want an metal bear breaking through walls.

My feeling is that if the developers intend for a certain quest to include an NPC, then it will only be possible to progress that quest by interacting with that specific NPC.

For example Jackie is mentioned in plenty of objectives during different quest chains ("Meet with Jackie", "Brief Jackie", "Rejoin Jackie", "Get into Jackie's car" etc.) and it seems pretty farfetched to assume that the developers would design a completely parallel quest/objective chain without him, which would maybe require different dialogues, animations etc., just to allow for the option to play this particular series of quests without him.

I have this feeling that Jackie will die sometime in the games story, and you will be left alone whether u like it or not. But hey .. thats just me ;)
Yeeeah, I kind of suspect that this will happen at one point, wanted to point it out in my previous post but didn't want to go to far with predictions. That does however sound extremely possible, I don't even know why, but I have extremely deep feeling that he's going to die. Well, maybe we can save content of his mind onto a ROM and then talk to him... ;) ;)

Yeeeah, I kind of suspect that this will happen at one point, wanted to point it out in my previous post but didn't want to go to far with predictions. That does however sound extremely possible, I don't even know why, but I have extremely deep feeling that he's going to die. Well, maybe we can save content of his mind onto a ROM and then talk to him... ;);)

And add him to the computer of his car so he can give us directions :p

Hey, like in The Witcher, if the story calls for it, you will have a companion or two for a mission, but we don't want to do a "companion system" where you're never alone.
In some quests you will be by yourself, in some you will have one person like Jackie or even a whole group, and in other quests you might be alone or with someone else depending on the choices you made. We really want to have it fit the story, so basically you'll always have someone with you if we think it'll be interesting.

Hey, like in The Witcher, if the story calls for it, you will have a companion or two for a mission, but we don't want to do a "companion system" where you're never alone.
In some quests you will be by yourself, in some you will have one person like Jackie or even a whole group, and in other quests you might be alone or with someone else depending on the choices you made. We really want to have it fit the story, so basically you'll always have someone with you if we think it'll be interesting.
Soo..

if you don't like a companion say , you won't be able to just leave them behind then ? is that what you are saying?

Like I said, it can also be dependent on the choices you made. Sometimes if you leave someone behind and it makes sense for the story for them to stay behind, we'll do it. And another time they might catch up. Whatever works best in a situation.
Not the answer I was hoping for, but fair enough if there are at least some occasions where you can go solo.
Thanks.

Companion systems like in Fallout 4 and Skyrim when your "companions" can basically be treated as slaves and do whatever you please
Soo..

if you don't like a companion say , you won't be able to just leave them behind then ? is that what you are saying?

Top Bottom