Long range play-style

+
Any tips for sneaky sniper-hacker long range build approach?

Seems like it's not fully supported. Often i'd find a vantage point overlooking a quest area only to realize some of hackable objects or NPCs are out of range ( e.g. wouldn't react to distract or wont register quest kill objective unless i approach ). Other times i can see the gang members but they don't have enemy mark and hitting them rises wanted level. Or rises it just because i'm outside hostile area ( although i'm high up on a roof, with silenced rifle, with no civilians nearby etc ).

And getting any closer just turns it into plain assault-rifle shootout.

Don't know, it's more or less how I played in my last playthrough :)
Silenced assault rifle (Tsunami Kyubi which offer the higher base damage per shot) as sniper rifle because none of the "sniper rifle" is really "discreet". And a silenced Overture or knife to finish the enemies that I can't reach with my rifle.
But I guess, you want to kill them from very far, because I never had any issue (even by shooting enemies outside of the GIG/Quest area).

Yup, i'm thinking further. Something a real fragile corpo or hacker would prefer. Across a highway, park or canal. So that melee gangoons can't easily see or reach me. AFAIK some cyber-psycho gigs don't even activate and they don't take damage if you're certain distance away. Like being up on railway bridge near that desert scrapyard mech case.

Install the double jump aug so you can get up to roof tops and start pinging and then hacking with contagion or whatever you want. Just be sure to survey the environment and look for unusual vantage points you can take advantage of. There' s more than you'd think. Once I soften them up with hacks, I go in with machines guns and shotguns.

Silenced Revolvers are your best friend, you can play it pretty much Solid Snake Style. I did my entire first playthrough (100% Complete - 270 hours) like this. You can even do the missions inside clubs with tons of enemies covering most of the areas without getting detected if you are patient and see their routine. Using some hacks also helps like blinding or stuning when there is atleast 2 - 3 enemies that dont move from eachother.

Top Bottom