Lower Pro-Ladder Requirement?

• Yay

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Rank 18 is retardedly easy to achieve and pro-ladder would be too polluted. I think rank 20 is a better option espicially with the new seasons. It's pro-ladder after all.
But also i think pro ladder in general is just badly designed atm. There's not incentive to even play it, so 95% of people in pro ladder just play meme decks or play it as a glorified casual mode.

I checked pro ranking a bit yesterday. From 1200(position) down people have on average played less than 100 games and quite a few have played one faction only. Mmr was also just below 1k total.
Basically that means that everone more down has played even less and that their involvement in the pro is casual at most. technically if pro ladder now had only 1000 players it wouldn't made any difference from 10k it apparently has...
Lowering the entry requirement wouldn't make a difference either, but raising the minimum number of games to 20 per faction(total100) would be a good idea.
Combined with some additional incentives for non top 200 players. Not kegs or scrap if you ask me, but more in a way of access to tier 2/tier 3 tournaments...
Like tennis has challengers for lower ranked players for example...

And yes i would like to see rank 20 as an entry point when seasons get halved in duration...

oxiarr;n9948461 said:
Rank 18 is retardedly easy to achieve and pro-ladder would be too polluted. I think rank 20 is a better option espicially with the new seasons. It's pro-ladder after all.
But also i think pro ladder in general is just badly designed atm. There's not incentive to even play it, so 95% of people in pro ladder just play meme decks or play it as a glorified casual mode.

Pro ladder is only interesting for people that are good enough to qualify for te big tournament and that's a very small group, so it's not very popular. This season I only played a couple of games to stay in in and i guess most people do that. But I will probably drop it when monthly casual seasons starts, normal ladder is more satisfying i've you don't play gwent as a day job.

For the OP: don't worry, you're not missing out. I've you're not able to reach level 21 there is nothing to see there.

I have an idea, within PRO Ladder, if we look at the ranking ladder, go to the very bottom or around that, so if there are players who have played less games, only played 1 or 2 factions, and have low fMMR then randomly shuffle the bottom half of the PRO Ladder and it will automatically remove those players and bring in fresh experienced players that have played more games, victories, and has acquired the MMR for their ranking position within Ranked Ladder of between 19-21.

Afterwards, ranking system inside of Ranked will randomly choose players from the ranking position of Rank 20-21 or even a minimum 19 to enter the PRO Ladder and take the spaces from those that have been kicked for inactivity, having lower fMMR, less played games, and less faction diversity, and who hardly play on a daily or weekly basis.

Lastly, I would think this will work, and it will put pressure on those players currently in PRO Ladder to start playing more games, gaining more so on, and so forth...

Regards,
byExeplar

:hmm:

Top Bottom