MAJOR issue with game mechanics - complete block on all actions including map, character, save, etc.

+
I've been going through whatever Mr. hands mission is where you disguise yourself and go to that funeral, but even before that, i'd be trying to bring my map up and i wasn't allowed to perform the action. Not just map, but everything. Literally. I can only press escape and QUIT the game (no save or anything). I thought it was just me, but looking at many online threads (feel free to "Google" it), i'm not the only one with the issue. EVERYTING is disabled, and you don't get it back until you quit the game and log back on. And i mean you don't even see your minimap with the directions to your current mission. And if you're unlucky enough to not get a save point for an hour, guess what, you're back where you started. How do you miss this in internal testing? Absolutely unacceptable.

We need a quick fix and we need it NOW. This is game breaking. Not a minor bug. i've been a game tester for numerous games and seeing this just amazes me. Is this how bad game development has gotten in the last 10 years? Absolutely disgusting. This is NOT a minor issue. I'm very disappointed. I forgave you when you released this first time, as a long term advocate for the game. I beefed up my PC for your terrible original release graphics optimization. I forgave you for all that as i get how a new company with limited resources can have these issues. I RAVED about your new push on the game once you fixed many issues later, and i raved about how well the game runs after that and how many issues you've fixed in relation to gameplay. But this? Seriously? How in the world do you miss a simple error that DOES NOT ALLOW ANY ACTIONS IN THE GAME WHATSOEVER DURING MISSIONS? I can't help but be disappointed. Do better. Again, DO BETTER. This is novice stuff and you messed it up. Please fix it and I'll do my best to forgive you. In the meantime, since you're my favorite developer of all time, other than here, i'll keep my mouth shut. You're like family to me, and please pardon my rage, I am just very upset that you could let this go by. But like any other family, i',m willing to forgive you for now... since i love you. But do better.

Respectfully yours,

Tech (ex game tester, CD ProjektRed fanboy)
Post automatically merged:

On a side note, i want to know why my mouse is skipping when i bring up the map, and there are various images flickering, regardless that i get over 60 FPS when i don't bring the map up....

Maybe you're not supposed to use any actions during the mission.
I'll suggest to look at yt videos for that mission and see if other people are able to do anything.

AFAIK many mission block certain actions to stop game from breaking.
You can't quick save in the middle of the road sometimes, that doesn't mean quicksave is broken, game doesn't want you spawning in middle of the road, you can go to the sidewalk and quick save there.

The driving in the game ever since patch 2.01 has become in possible, which also makes the beast in me quest impossible. You can’t even get first place anymore unless your drive a perfect race. CD project red please dumb down the race AI to something less aggressive or add way to adjust the AI cause it not fun anymore.

I had the same problem yesterday but I could always quicksave and reloading the save would solve the issue. But it's a pretty annoying bug that is clearly not meant to happen.

Literally this. I've been playing these type of games my entire life, and trust me, I know a bug when I see one.
And the fact that you have to quit and re-load and issue goes away? Well that's proof that it's not what was supposed to happen.

Playing for one hour without quicksaving once? In a game with multiple quicksave slots? Your fault.

I had the same problem yesterday but I could always quicksave and reloading the save would solve the issue. But it's a pretty annoying bug that is clearly not meant to happen.

The driving in the game ever since patch 2.01 has become in possible, which also makes the beast in me quest impossible. You can’t even get first place anymore unless your drive a perfect race. CD project red please dumb down the race AI to something less aggressive or add way to adjust the AI cause it not fun anymore.
LOL wut
The AI in driving is the most dumbest scripted cheesy AI ever, the game is not even designed for AI racing.
Its literally just dumb AI that has catch up on it. You just drive from point A to B, this is a serious, not even skill issue as it requires no skill, if you loose to the racing AI.
You could literally park for a minute and still catch up to them it is that scripted.
Post automatically merged:

Literally this. I've been playing these type of games my entire life, and trust me, I know a bug when I see one.
And the fact that you have to quit and re-load and issue goes away? Well that's proof that it's not what was supposed to happen.
Sure it is not that specific mission? or has it happened in other times?
There are plenty of missions where your actions are blocked to stop you from save scumming, like the beast in me final race for an example (all races to be correct but that one you can stop with claire)
In most cases when that happens you also cannot use map, phone, car etc.
If you try and do it and in the top right it comes up "this action is blocked" or something like that, it is NOT a bug, but intended.
You should still be able to press pause and choose load, settings and main menu but cannot save or quick save.

I have not done the mission you are mentioning yet but i will check when I get to it as I often quick save as mistake or crash prevention and I will report if it is the same for me when i get to it (if I remember this post)

Last edited:
Sure it is not that specific mission? or has it happened in other times?
There are plenty of missions where your actions are blocked to stop you from save scumming, like the beast in me final race for an example (all races to be correct but that one you can stop with claire)

It happens on that specific mission but it's not meant to be. I think it's related to the face cyberware that allows you to disguise yourself. The reason why I know it's a bug is that mid mission, I got a call from Alex to meet her and I started tracking that quest . I couldn't even go to journal to track the quest I was originally on.

And once the save was reloaded, the issue was solved.

Top Bottom