Media: Cyberpunk 2077 Movies

+
altered carbon looks too clean and kinnaman is not my favourite.

[Sard Edit: Come on. Little less insulting tone, thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Benzenzimmern;n9935511 said:
Altered Carbon was one of my favorite books I read in preparation for Cyberpunk 2077. I have high hopes :)

The third one in the series is also worth the read, Cpunk-wise. Black Man, by the same author, is also quite good. Genetically modified solider hunts others like him for the bounty. Pre-dates Blade Runner 2049 by years!

And Eclipse Phase, the PnP RPG is very much Altered-Carbon-like. Sleeves, forking, conspiracies, tech, etc.

he is awful. we trolled him off sweden. he has a swedish accent in every movie even the movies he's suppose to be a texas rough guy. i cant stand him. i have no idea why they keep hiring him its like his uncle is a hollwood big timer or something.

Benzenzimmern;n9935511 said:
Altered Carbon was one of my favorite books I read in preparation for Cyberpunk 2077. I have high hopes :)

What about it stood out to you? I've never heard of it prior to this upcoming show (Which looks quite good).

animalfather;n9935821 said:
he is awful. we trolled him off sweden . he has a swedish accent in every movie even the movies he 's suppose to be a texas rough guy. i cant stand him. i have no idea why they keep hiring him its like his uncle is a hollwood big timer or something.

I like him. I think he's a good actor, with a fair bit of versatility in the roles he's capable of filling. I don't think he's the best actor on the planet, of course, but he's up there with some of my favorites. Whenever I see him in something, I instantly get interested.

I thought he did an excellent job in "The Killing" as Detective Holder, in particular. Maybe I just don't know what a Swedish accent sounds like, but he sounded exactly as he was supposed to - a sort of sleazy detective who wasn't afraid to skirt the law a bit to accomplish his goals. He had a bit of a drawl that made the character sound all the more authentic, too, like the world just bored him.

In other words, I disagree with virtually everything you said. Isn't it nice how we can do that and still get along? (Kidding, if that wasn't obvious)

Last edited:
Altered Carbon was good stuff. I personally felt like it met that "high tech/low life" marriage pretty well with its noir-style characters and story and obviously the tech was high. I don't have much to say about the show trailer as I haven't scrutinized it, but who am I kidding? I am going to devour that show good or bad. I liked Kinnaman a lot in the Killing and didn't see him in anything else so...I remain hopeful.

i love the visuals but tonally something is off about mute
is this supposed to be a neo noir movie or a comedy?

kofeiiniturpa;n10361612 said:

Moon was a great movie! I really liked it.

Hadn't noticed the connection with Mute before but now I'm even more interested of the film. It's even called a "spiritual sequel" in wikipedia!

I don't really see why people seem to get so reserved image from the trailer...

Last edited:
NightSavior;n10370052 said:
Moon was a great movie! I really liked it.

Hadn't noticed the connection with Mute before but now I'm even more interested of the film. It's even called a "spiritual sequel" in wikipedia!

I don't really see why people seem to get so reserved image from the trailer...

It just looks cheesy to me. Maybe the movie is great, but it didn't give me a good first impression, which is sort of the point of trailers/teasers.

Snowflakez;n10370232 said:
It just looks cheesy to me. Maybe the movie is great, but it didn't give me a good first impression, which is sort of the point of trailers/teasers.

Watch Moon. It's very good.

Top Bottom