89.7 Growl FM: Your (Underground) Road to Fame - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Music Contest

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Get inspired by the world of Cyberpunk 2077 and take part in our official music contest!

89.7 Growl FM: Your (Underground) Road to Fame

Create a music track fit for a Night City headliner for a chance to win awesome prizes! Like what? Well, how about having your track in the game?! We’re looking for fresh music to feature in our new community radio station — coming in the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty expansion!

Help Ash set up 89.7 Growl FM by creating a music track inspired by this video:

Let your creativity run wild: you can create your music in any style or genre! It can be an instrumental track or a song (vocals need to be in English, Spanish, Japanese or Chinese) between 2:00 and 3:00 minutes long. For more details check the official contest website: https://cyberpunk.net/growlfm

We're accepting submissions until November 30th, 2022.

The full set of rules is available here.

Does anyone know what a PCM is? Like yeah I know what it is from a technical standpoint but how does it translate to the export settings? I use FL Studio and can't find any simple answer.

Does anyone know what a PCM is?
I'm far to be an expert, but some clues :)
(PCM) Pulse-code modulation
The WAV format is a container format capable of receiving audio streams as varied as MP3, AC-3, ATRAC, ADPCM, PCM. The latter being by far the most common, .wav files are often mistakenly considered to correspond to "lossless" audio files. The use of the WAV format is standardized under Windows; its counterpart on the Macintosh platform is the AIFF/AIFC.
----------------
The WAV format associated with PCM audio remains today the format of choice in music and audiovisual production. It is widely used as a recording format by systems such as Pro Tools, Pyramix, Fairlight or by manufacturers of hardware recorders such as Sound Devices or Nagra.

@Vattier , say we upload a track and it wins, would we still be able to release it in an EP/LP from our own distributors (DistroKid, TuneCore, CDBaby, Record Labels, etc)?

@Vattier , say we upload a track and it wins, would we still be able to release it in an EP/LP from our own distributors (DistroKid, TuneCore, CDBaby, Record Labels, etc)?
See section 9.3 of the contest rules.

"The Winners will enter into a copyright transfer agreement with the Organizer, in which the Winner will transfer all economic copyrights and related rights to the winning Entry to the Organizer, including, but not limited to, a possibility to use the Entry or its elements in Organizer’s games and marketing materials."

My reading of this is no: if you win, CDPR will become the owner of that track. Don't submit anything you want to keep.

Cheers,
Merric

Just dropped in a 2:55 industrial electro track. Let's goooo chooooommssss

Attachments

• NDA1.jpg
    NDA1.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 483
My reading of this is no: if you win, CDPR will become the owner of that track. Don't submit anything you want to keep.

Cheers,
Merric

Biig OOOOOF from me chief. That's actually shocking. Like why can't it be joint copyright and not solely CDPR's? if it's joint there's not going to be an issue since both parties own copyright's to the track??

Does anyone know what a PCM is? Like yeah I know what it is from a technical standpoint but how does it translate to the export settings? I use FL Studio and can't find any simple answer.
I mean PCM is the standard on how to process audio in computers pretty much, this is very basic stuff - there's nothing you gotta worry about from an export-perspective unless you export your files in any other format than WAV/FLAC/any high bitrate format, which in anyway you shouldn't

Top Bottom