Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
How likely is it for MGS 4 to be released on PC aswell?

Regardless im definitely going to pick it up.Been wanting to get into Metal Gear Solid for years now.

Last edited:
How likely is it for MGS 4 to be released on PC aswell?
Probably close to zero. Besides, MGS3 and Peace Walker are more important since they are prequels to MGS5.

Regardless im definitely going to pick it up.Been wanting to get into Metal Gear Solid for years now.
Not trying to crush your enthusiasm but if you really want to get into MGS, you need to play them all, starting from MGS1 on PS1. The story spans over a time period of several decades from 1960s to 2010s and the games are very much interconnected.

Imo, PS3 is worth owning just because of The Legacy Collection. It has some of the best games ever made.

Not trying to crush your enthusiasm but if you really want to get into MGS, you need to play them all, starting from MGS1 on PS1. The story spans over a time period of several decades from 1960s to 2010s and the games are very much interconnected.
Not if you just want to understand the backstory well enough to appreciate the new game. I spent an hour or two on the wiki and I got the story down well enough to understand the timeline and who most of the major characters are.

Not if you just want to understand the backstory well enough to appreciate the new game. I spent an hour or two on the wiki and I got the story down well enough to understand the timeline and who most of the major characters are.
And by doing this you'll miss some of the best gaming experiences ever created. :/

Yeah, but if you don't have a PS3 you're unable to experience them anyways :p Not to mention the ones on PSP.
Better way would be to watch movie versions of the games on youtube. But you still miss tons though.

Also, Portaple Ops isn't canon, and Peace Walker (which is) is on PS3.

If you watch the cutscene on youtube you're still not experiencing the games so I fail to see the point. If you just want to learn the backstory than reading the wiki is faster. Playing the games themselves is the best choice, I agree. But not everyone has that option.

Probably close to zero. Besides, MGS3 and Peace Walker are more important since they are prequels to MGS5.

Imo, PS3 is worth owning just because of The Legacy Collection. It has some of the best games ever made.

I'm still debating on getting this and a PS3. Would so be worth it to play all those again.

I'm still debating on getting this and a PS3. Would so be worth it to play all those again.
Yup. I actually just sold my PS4 because it was only gathering dust with nothing to play on it. But my PS3 I still use for exclusives games (like MGS) and for watching Bluray movies. And you can probably find used Superslim models with some warranty left for a decent price.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but a neogaf thread revealed MGS HD Collection is on its way to PC.
Now release 4 please, I missed that one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144519589&postcount=178

Please, be true, be true....

With a PC for MGS and MGS2 and a PS Vita for MGS3 and MGS Peace Walker you can play almost all the games of the saga, except for MGS4 and MGS Portable Ops (yeah Kojima says it's non canon, but I try not to listen to him, I suspect he claims that only because he was the producer and not the director, whooops)

Yeah, I like Big Boss story more than Solid Snake's, and 3rd is one of the best games I've ever played. :)

To be honest, I hate the original camera viewpoint, and also don't really like the idea of playing as Raiden, but I do plan to play the MGS4 even if I think that the bosses in that game are a bit too japaneese for my taste.

Top Bottom