Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard!

+
It's fine. I edited the title to be less, well, silly and clickbait.

Be interesting to see if the Brits change their minds now. Apparently they've started talking to MS again.
I was a little surprised. MS has spent the past year flaunting most of what the FTC was accusing it of doing, or potentially doing. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had gotten an approval with conditions, but they basically won on all counts. That's going to put other regulators in a difficult spot trying to constrain the acquisition.

I'm not the least bit surprised because under US anti-trust laws the FTC had no case. The best they had was cloud based gaming and Microsoft nipped that in the bud by signing long term contracts with Nvidia, Amazon and several European based cloud gaming providers. Sony's attempts to muddy the waters by accusing Microsoft of trying to do what they have been doing themselves for over 2 decades didn't even come into play in the actual court case. The "pot calling the kettle black" may work in politics and the court of public opinion but it is soundly rejected in a court of law as it should be.

Okay, got duped by myself here.
Saw this topic and thought wow, that was some speculation... Only to find out the thread is 1,5 years old.
Interestingly now that the bullet is mearly through the church, this topic aged both like wine and milk.
On one side that it eventually came through after such long suspension (pending a 'minor party), but also seeing the abysmal state of actifail... Hard to miss that name amongst others anymore.
That name will do down in history as one of those you knew once upon a time.
I wont shed any tears over it. Worse than actifail's way is pretty much impossible.

Top Bottom