Missing audio for some actions and items?

+
Hey!

I'm having an issue where some audio (foley) of items & actions in the game is missing. Mainly noticeable in cutscenes where audio for things like car doors closing, cigarette lighters, footsteps of NPC characters and other sounds are sometimes missing.
Notable is that there is audio for these actions in some cases so it would appear to be a bug (aka there are supposed to be sounds playing).

Anyone else having these issues or anyone with tips for fixing this (if it is fixable atm)? If its any help I'm on a Asus B550 gaming-f motherboard with the latest audio drivers. Oh and other than this audio appears to be working as intended for me.

edit: also, if this is a known problem with the game I'd appreciate if someone could let me know so I can drop it and not drive myself crazy chasing a solution on my end :)

All the best!

Last edited:
I have sounds disappearing all the time...most notable V's footstep sounds, but also other sounds. Saving and reloading seems to "fix" this temporarily...until they go missing again. Sound system is definitely bugged like so much other stuff.

I have sounds disappearing all the time...most notable V's footstep sounds, but also other sounds. Saving and reloading seems to "fix" this temporarily...until they go missing again. Sound system is definitely bugged like so much other stuff.
Ah yes, V's footsteps cuts out occasionally for me as well and is temporarily "fixed" in the same way you do it.

Have had a few sound drops too but nothing for very long. Most noticable in dialogue when the NPC just stares at me for an uncomfortable period then I'm given options to respond to the thing they never said. :confused:

so, one year later, couple of patches later, i even have a new rig, but missing sounds is still a thing.
after a while of playing, footsteps, gone, sound of car doors/trunk, gone, the shower, makes no sound anymore, sometimes even guns makes no sound, also, some ambient sounds of night city, gone.
after loading a savegame the sounds are back, 10 minutes later, gone again. what the heck?

im playing on PC and this is an issue for me since release, and as i mentioned before, i even got a whole new rig, so this problem occurs on 2 different systems for me. and, of course, i tried every fix i found which is related to cyberpunk and sound issues. nothing help.

will this be fixed in future patches, or is this not considered as a bug?

Top Bottom