Modding 101

+
I'm looking to install some simple QoL mods but I don't know where to start. Some mods require other mods to function, like a mod I'm looking at needs CET and Native UI mods be installed first.
I'm a bit wary of installing mods as they have the potential to break games if not installed properly, or if the game gets updated. Is there a tutorial somewhere I could look up to familiarise myself with the basics?

Basics that you want are the following

CET
Red4EXT
RedScript
ArchiveXL
TweakXL
Codeware
InputLoader
CyberCMD

This should cover most requirements unless you want to pick up a specific look for V that uses a series of other cosmetic changes/enhancements, a patch for a mod from another user, etc. What does QoL mean to you though? That could range from gameplay features like Metro Pocket Guide or Real Vendor Names to one of my own visual mods such as Metro Glass or Restore Hair Shadows Patch.

QoL = Quality of Life. Mods that don't change gameplay drastically but simplifies or improves certain aspects of gameplay. Like the Simple Flashlight mod.

Quick disclaimer first - the mods I'm about to list I have not necessarily used myself. Some of them I just know of and, furthermore I have no clue if they have been updated properly. They might not work anymore.

You could look into something like virtual atelier if you want a centralized shop for all the clothing in-game. You could look into it's various add-ons too. One of them adds literally every single item in-game to a single web store.

Silent silencers and throwing knives is a popular one.

Better vehicle first person is another nice little QoL to allow you to customized your first person view in vehicles.

Enhanced craft I really liked back when I used it. Allows you to customize the looks of your crafted weapons and as far as I know is still up to date.

You could look into stash filters if you fill your stash to the brim with stuff and want a better way of filtering it.

That's all I can offer off the top of my head. A lot of the QoL mods that used to be must haves have been addressed by CDPR over the years frankly. It's also kind of difficult to offer you QoL mods since it's so subjective.

QoL = Quality of Life. Mods that don't change gameplay drastically but simplifies or improves certain aspects of gameplay. Like the Simple Flashlight mod.
I didn't ask for a definition, I know what QoL stands for; I asked what it means to you, but thanks anyway.

I gave you the start you asked for so there's nothing more to expand on here. Best of luck

Note that with the new bugfix patch coming out this week, now is the WORST POSSIBLE TIME to start fooling around with modding.

Using Vortex to download and install mods is pretty reliable, but you really have to be comfortable with poking around in your game folders to make sure installs go where they're supposed to. Vortex makes it easy to install, UNinstall and just deactivate mods as necessary. OP mentions CET and Native UI...these are very useful for a lot of mods, but they can't really break your game. If something goes wrong with the install, the mods just won't work.

The most important thing is to carefully read the mod's install instructions on Nexus and make sure you understand them. Many QOL mods are simple, single files that go into a single folder...easy to install, easy to yank out if they don't work. Oh yeah...just install mods one at a time, so you don't have to troubleshoot a long list of mod files when something goes wrong. I recommend you avoid mod Collections...one bad mod in there can cause hours of headache.

Top Bottom