More car appreciation.

+
About to buy the Javelina, driving the Cthulhu has made me apricate the muscle car feeling.

The best thing with the Cthulhu is that it is the only Type-66 that is thoroughly unique, it is only one of them in the game. In fact, I think there's only four cars that are completely unique, and one you can only get if you're a Nomad (V's starting vehicle): The big ugly pimpmobile you can win when boxing, the Beast, V's starting vehicle now being renovadet by Alanah Pearce, and the Cthulhu. Yes it handles great for being 2WD and five billion foot pound of torque, but it does not handle as well as the Javelina does; that's just facts. But the Javelina is just a copy paste from hundreds of nomad javelinas you find parked outside in the badlands.

Quadra V-Tec, Colby CX410 Butte, Johnny's porsche and Quartz Bandit are unique too I think :)
Hmmm you're right. Tho one must ask how the might of Volkswagen managed to disappear between 2023 and 2077, given how they in real life own not only VW but Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT and Skoda... :p

Hmmm you're right. Tho one must ask how the might of Volkswagen managed to disappear between 2023 and 2077, given how they in real life own not only VW but Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT and Skoda... :p

Well considering Saburo's dream of making Japan the world's strongest economic superpower starts with Japan's surrender in 1945, one could argue this is where CP's alternate reality really starts. Porshe was it's own thing at that point and apparently survived into CP's world but VW didn't.

Which isn't that much of a stretch since a Japan becoming the world top economic superpower would lead to a drastically different world than the one we know and there were a lot of very important events in VW's history that may not have happened.

Not actually arguing anything here, merely entertaining the hypothetical scenario.

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong, VW apparently did survive. Just not the VW we know, obviously.

Tho one must ask how the might of Volkswagen managed to disappear between 2023 and 2077, given how they in real life own not only VW but Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT and Skoda... :p
Volkswagen doesn't disappear between 2023 and 2077, but way before. I guess most of car manufacturers disappeared long before. Cyberpunk 2077 is an alternative futur, but Cyberpunk also has an "alternative past" :)
For example, in the Cyberpunk time line, Bugatti never "reborn"... So the very last car build by Bugatti was probably the Bugatti Type 101 in 1951.

Edit : Yeah, right @GrimReaper801, but nothing to do with the giant corporation that we know.

Volkswagen doesn't disappear between 2023 and 2077, but way before. I guess most of car manufacturers disappeared long before. Cyberpunk 2077 is an alternative futur, but Cyberpunk also has an "alternative past" :)
For example, in the Cyberpunk time line, Bugatti never "reborn"... So the very last car build by Bugatti was probably the Bugatti Type 101 in 1951.

Edit : Yeah, right @GrimReaper801, but nothing to do with the giant corporation that we know.
I guessed as much, I had a few bouts with ppl on other forums who argue that Cyberpunk The Games (as it is now, in 2023 IRL) aren't retrofuturistic, which of course they are. They're set in a what-if grounded in a never-ending 1980s and the trends people envisoned for the future back then (like Japan taking over the world, cars looking like a Testarossa or Countach would be the coolest thing forever and so on. The 80s is after all 40 years ago, it's not anything "temporary" about it anymore.

I think the type 66 avenger is also unique, or at least very very rare as I've never noticed another type 66 driving around with that addional "body kit"..and I just love the 67 eleanor-mustang paintjob

Top Bottom