Mostly Crafting: Some gameplay issues I've noticed / quality of life improvements

+
Overall I love the game, thank you. Just some things I've noticed that would be great to fix/change:

1. Shards should be organisable by 'newness', so you can find what you've recently picked up. Also, there are several 'other' groupings in the list. It would be great if there was one grouping for all the shards that are directly connected to quests/treasure hunts

2. You can't buy clothing mod crafting specs anywhere. Because the mods are destroyed when they are removed, the ability to craft them is important. Currently there is no reason to buy a very expensive legendary clothing mod unless you have the perk that saves them when you dismantle an item.

3. It should be possible to buy quickhack crafting specs in game. The current system, where you possess them and they unlock with skill tree, isn't great. By the time you unlock the higher levels, you already bought the hacks.

4. Crafting a 'common' clothing mod from a blueprint (for example, Armadillo) randomly creates a common, uncommon or rare mod, for no apparent reason. There's no info in game about why this happens, and other mod specs for weapons etc don't seem to produce random quality.

5. Strange things happen when crafting. For example - I crafted an epic Breakthrough. Then when I looked in my crafting menu, I suddenly also had the blueprint for the Legendary Breakthrough that wasn't there before.

6. Some gun mods in inventory don't appear in mod select menu when attempting to add them to a weapon. Even if I drop them and pick them up again.

6a. Your inventory doesn't show all the quickhacks you own. If you talk to Nix and ask him to teach you something, it shows way more quickhacks in your inventory than it's possible to select when adding mods to your OS.

7. Clothing upgrades ask too many resources for too little improvement.

8. Upgrading crafting components eg uncommon to rare is extremely tedious - you have to do it one at a time, could you please allow us to select the quantity?

9. Similarly please let us select all items we wish to dismantle so we can do multiple at once. Also let us 'lock' items so we don't dismantle specific things by mistake.

10. The stashes in apartments don't make your stash accessible anywhere - they seem to be separate? Eg your first apartment and the badlands tent.

11. Items don't seem to appear in the slots on the wall of your stash

12. Many items say 'crafting spec' in the item description but there's no indication of what this means. I thought it meant that you possess the crafting spec for that item, but this doesn't seem to be the case - I thought perhaps if I dismantled the item I would get the crafting spec, but this isn't the case either. Dismantling items and re-making them for a higher level was your goal i think? It's not currently working that well.

13. The homing capabilities of smart weapons seems a bit bugged. In some cases it works - all the rounds from an automatic hit the target. In other cases literally every single round from an automatic seems to miss the target. If there is a mechanic here - like that target has some kind of protective field that messes with your smart weapon, there's nothing that says this in game, and no apparent way to overcome it. This is the case even with the legendary smart link.

14. With some items like the smart links there's nothing in the item description that tells you what the benefits are of, say, a legendary over an epic.

15. There seem to be some inconsistencies on the clothing mod numbers. I've added 4 rare armadillos to a t-shirt. Each one says 'Increases armour by 110.543' when i look at the mod item description. But, when I look at the tshirt item description, it lists the mods on it and each one says 'Increases armour by 821.176'

16. When you're buying weapon crafting specs at shops, they don't give any info about the weapon other than the name - there should be an option to view full weapon details, or at the very least whether it's smart, power or tech.

17. The icon for crafting specs for weapon mods at shops doesn't seem to be consistent with the other crafting specs for other items - the silouette in the colour of its quality. Just looks like a mod icon.

18. We really need an in-game torch/flashlight when walking around! Or a night-vision hack/mode. Also - I can't seem to turn car lights on/off.

19. Please add a 'select all' button/option when dismantling stacks.

20. Can you separate the valuable $750 junk from the $3 junk somehow, otherwise the 'dissassemble all junk automatically' perk isn't useful. I have to manually dissassemble all the cheap junk then sell the valuable stuff.

21. Maybe it's deliberate, but the drop point machines seem to have a spelling error: they say 'devilery' instead of 'delivery' (screenshot attached)

22. destroyed drones and robots often have a gear icon, as if they have something you can take off their body, but it's not possible to pick it up.

23. It's frequently not possible to pick up marked gear - the icon is there, but it doesn't register as an object and there's no option to take it

Hope this is useful, I'll add more things as I find them.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_16_14_34_57_738.jpg
    Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_16_14_34_57_738.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Top Bottom