Mouse and controller issues

+
Steam version. I freshly reinstalled the game after not having played since... 1.2 I think? No mods. I've also disabled all overlays, including Steam and Discord (I never use overlays anyway).

My mouse always leaves the screen onto my secondary/tertiary monitors even on Fullscreen (no, I'm not on Borderless). Rebooting my PC, rebooting the game, and reinstalling the game make no difference. I even toggled through what feels like a million graphical settings just to see if there was some weird interaction going on, but to no avail. Really can't play when the window minimizes every time I turn left or right and attempt to use my left/right click to interact with something.

I also tried using my controller instead but I cannot switch the vertical inversion. The option is toggled but it remains on default inversion in practice regardless of the actual setting.

These issues are making the game literally impossible to play for me. The great irony is that I was one of the few people for whom the game was almost flawless at launch, and this patch is the one that breaks the experience for me.

When uninstalling the game a while ago, you also manually removed all the files/folders which are not removed by the launcher ?
Because If you used mods in 1.2, there are chances that mod datas can remain in these files and I "read" here and there that at the time, this kind of issue could occure when using CET (Cyber Engine Tweak).
Anyway even if you never used mods, but didn't delete these files previously, I suggest to delete them, verify the game files and try again.
Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local

When uninstalling the game a while ago, you also manually removed all the files/folders which are not removed by the launcher ?
Because If you used mods in 1.2, there are chances that mod datas can remain in these files and I "read" here and there that at the time, this kind of issue could occure when using CET (Cyber Engine Tweak).
Anyway even if you never used mods, but didn't delete these files previously, I suggest to delete them, verify the game files and try again.
Unfortunately that didn't work. Like I said, I never used any mods at all, so there wasn't much there, but I did delete everything. Made no difference. Mouse still wanders off the window in Fullscreen and my controller refuses to change look inversion.

Unfortunately that didn't work. Like I said, I never used any mods at all, so there wasn't much there, but I did delete everything.
Ok :(
Sometimes it could help, because the launcher doesn't uninstall these files and the game could use some files which could be outdated (knowing that a lot of things have changed since).
So I suggest to send a ticket to the support for help and at least, to keep CDPR aware of your issue > "Contact Us" button.
(no category for your specific issue, so...)

Top Bottom