Music Contest winners announcement!

+
Hi,

So, was the exposing your work via internet channels before the end of the contest a disqualifiication? I don't think I see many really good productions posted on yt here and all the way round, trying to check the winners seems to be also impossible.

Anyway, kudos for those, who win
I dont think so, because the track 11 winner was on youtube, but now he deleted.

A big congrats to the winners!! I can't wait to listen to the final picks.

And for CDPR, I can't imagine how stressed out the jury was to listen to all and select from so many tracks in such a short timeframe (I bet you didn't expect that amount of submissions ... and I strongly hope they didn't get selected randomly in the end).

Hi,

So, was the exposing your work via internet channels before the end of the contest a disqualifiication? I don't think I see many really good productions posted on yt here and all the way round, trying to check the winners seems to be also impossible.

It was clear that publishing prior is not preferred but I don't think they prioritized the selection by that means. I have to disagree with the not-so-good productions already posted though ... I've listened to many, even very well-established artists, that sound absolutely awesome but didn't make it.

To round it up, the chance to win was 0,001794... so don't interpret too much into not being selected. And of course, they want you to listen to the finals in the new DLC and not on YT now ;).

Congrats to the winners. Fun fact, 89.7 was the frequency of the Detroit alt/rock/indie(?) radio station 89X. I wonder if that was a Pondsmith influenced decision?

I don't think I see many really good productions posted on yt here and all the way round, trying to check the winners seems to be also impossible.

How'd you mean? Finding most of the winning musicians on YT/Soundcloud/Spotify is pretty easy - the winning tracks you'll have to wait for, but you can at least listen to what their style is like in the mean time. Couple of us posted examples on the 1st page (here and here). I'm honestly impressed by the production value I've been hearing so far.

Def excited for Skin on Flesh, sounds like amazing vocal quality, and I was lucky enough to hear D.O.H. before, his lyrics are very lore-loyal.

I tried to make my song immersive aswell, referencing actual situations that took place in NightCity. Would love to have some brutal feedback like "its boring" etc :)

Def excited for Skin on Flesh, sounds like amazing vocal quality, and I was lucky enough to hear D.O.H. before, his lyrics are very lore-loyal.

I tried to make my song immersive aswell, referencing actual situations that took place in NightCity. Would love to have some brutal feedback like "its boring" etc :)

EDIT: D.O.H. sounds like techno to me? < [wrong DOH]

p.s. I'm happy to try and give some constructive criticism in your other thread later

Last edited:
Hello again folks. As already mentioned here on the forum, we are preparing a compilation and playlist of GrowlFm participants. Those interested, you can join on our discord page:

(Ask link in private messages)

If you are not used to using discord, please send me a private message and I'll help you with whatever you need. Let's make this happen.

Cheers to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to hear that brutal criticism:)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8qIxCaD1QHLw1v9bYoNszQ thats the right D.O.H.

I stand corrected! Just found his Kiroshi track on a Growl compilation vid and... wow, it's really good... Fits perfectly.

The techno guy I linked to was indeed the wrong one - I could've sworn they posted an update on social media claiming their were chosen but either I'm going crazy or they deleted their post :p

I dont think so, because the track 11 winner was on youtube, but now he deleted.
The copyright for CDP from now on, I guess.
Post automatically merged:

A big congrats to the winners!! I can't wait to listen to the final picks.

And for CDPR, I can't imagine how stressed out the jury was to listen to all and select from so many tracks in such a short timeframe (I bet you didn't expect that amount of submissions ... and I strongly hope they didn't get selected randomly in the end).

It was clear that publishing prior is not preferred but I don't think they prioritized the selection by that means. I have to disagree with the not-so-good productions already posted though ... I've listened to many, even very well-established artists, that sound absolutely awesome but didn't make it.

To round it up, the chance to win was 0,001794... so don't interpret too much into not being selected. And of course, they want you to listen to the finals in the new DLC and not on YT now ;).
Didn't want to sound rude, this was the syntax error, that made a bad job for me in reception, which I supposed to occur, but couldn't express myself the other way. I only meant, that many productions I heard on yt I bet on didn't show up here, so my impression is likewise.

And, yes, I was going to take part in the contest, but I haven't even finished.
Post automatically merged:

How'd you mean? Finding most of the winning musicians on YT/Soundcloud/Spotify is pretty easy - the winning tracks you'll have to wait for, but you can at least listen to what their style is like in the mean time. Couple of us posted examples on the 1st page (here and here). I'm honestly impressed by the production value I've been hearing so far.
Yeah, but it's only the style of those musicians, not the exact song i was looking for (I listened to the first you linked up, maybe not my cup of tea, to be honest, but I appreciate the work involved). And that's a great way of promotion for those artist even not being won. I can't argue the value of both (winners and all contesators) is big - it's undeniable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom