My Gwent NG deck, does well vs everything so far! Poison, locks and spies!

+
I do and am [. . .] If you literally can't use second wind, that's a huge problem for the SK SW deck.

I meant the deck requires no brains to be played, not that you personally have no brains.

I'm sorry if that came out wrong, but I find posts such as these, which make wild claims, offer no proof and have no valid arguments, an incredible source of annoyance. And you can be sure that some new players who netdeck this from rank 30 will end up with an illusion of having skill that just isn't there.

I meant the deck requires no brains to be played, not that you personally have no brains.

I'm sorry if that came out wrong, but I find posts such as these, which make wild claims, offer no proof and have no valid arguments, an incredible source of annoyance. And you can be sure that some new players who netdeck this from rank 30 will end up with an illusion of having skill that just isn't there.

Okay, my bad for the misunderstanding!
I wouldn't call it brainless, you have to time things right and due to all the tutors, sometimes the best hand is one that looks bad at 1st glance. It's more advanced than a lot of Gwent decks, which isn't saying much - but it's far from brainless.

Usually I'm sitting at around rank 15 to 16, no issues. There's plenty of valid arguments.
You have 2 ways to generate a 20-30 point swing, tall removal, wide removal, lots of tutors, low unit count, lots of average removal, lots of boosts and enough wiggle room that if ball is banished, you can recover as you've literally broken even and have used up tall removal in your opponent's deck.

I don't know why you're saying such obtuse and incorrect things. What's the point of that? Why not think of things in an objective way instead of doing whatever you want to call this?

it would have been better if you started out this thread by mentioning that you play this at rank 16. At low ranks you can pretty much play anything and climb with it.

For joachim and coup, you will never pull a 30 point swing because the highest unit in your deck has 6 power (assire) and the second highest has 5 power (rot tosser.) if you get really lucky you'll do 20 points (27 - the 4x2 joachims - 1 cow + 2 coup de grace) and on average you'll do 14 points or less.

Your entire bronze line-up is sub-optimal, has no proactivity, and no way to respond to what the opponent is doing except for dame, hunter and joust.

i can go on but tl:dr, if your ball goes at higher ranks, which it will, then you're not recovering.

it would have been better if you started out this thread by mentioning that you play this at rank 16. At low ranks you can pretty much play anything and climb with it.

For joachim and coup, you will never pull a 30 point swing because the highest unit in your deck has 6 power (assire) and the second highest has 5 power (rot tosser.) if you get really lucky you'll do 20 points (27 - the 4x2 joachims - 1 cow + 2 coup de grace) and on average you'll do 14 points or less.

Your entire bronze line-up is sub-optimal, has no proactivity, and no way to respond to what the opponent is doing except for dame, hunter and joust.

i can go on but tl:dr, if your ball goes at higher ranks, which it will, then you're not recovering.

Joachim+Coup can bring out Dame, Dame turns into a 12 pointer alone with in, nevermind potential boosts. You can hit 30 points with Joachim+Coup if Ball is in play, excluding the poison removal.

Joust, Assassination, Mage Infiltrator, Hunter are all proactive cards.
That's 8 bronze cards that are geared specifically for removal or locking.

I've had ball banished and destroyed before, doesn't auto gg you, it's annoying but unless they banish it, ball is coming back that turn or next turn. If it is banished, then you have an even trade, 14 for 14, leaving you with an engine and them less potent tall removal.

The bronzes are really, really optimized. Rot Tosser less so but frankly, I can't decide on Torturer, Ducnhess or Tosser. Tosser just gets the most consistent value due to Dame and scares the opponent into thinking you're actually running poison.

Mostly everything here is wrong.

You're not counting the 8 points you're giving the opponent with two joachims.

Korathi heatwave is 10 prov, for your ball which generates minimum 12 points and costs you 14 prov.

Proactive means playing cards without relying on the opponents cards for your cards to work.

Mostly everything here is wrong.

You're not counting the 8 points you're giving the opponent with two joachims.

Korathi heatwave is 10 prov, for your ball which generates minimum 12 points and costs you 14 prov.

Proactive means playing cards without relying on the opponents cards for your cards to work.

You're wrong. On pretty much all fronts. I'm totally going to explain why though. Cheers!

Joachim gives 6 points with that combo while giving you an additional 16+bones (usually 3 or 4*2) All in all you're looking at 16-18 points before boosts when you do that combo.

Korathi is indeed 10 provision. When you play Ball, you get a "free" Dame which is worth 5provision. In effect, bar the annoying disruption it's a 9 for 10 trade in favor of you.

Outside of very specific cards, nothing is then proactive by your definition. Only self encapsulated engines would classify and frankly, what's more threatening? A card that needs to be solo on a lane every turn and starts off below the ez kill threshold or some more Dames and Hunters?

I think I'll stick with some more control and frankly, a better combo engine that's less vulnerable than the solo bronze card engines because that's smart and wins games. Works better and I prefer cards that are one and done in the sense that they're not overly vulnerable to removal.

One thing I'm going to say is BLEEP the mirror when your opponent spams Duchess. That crap is annoying.

Im glad you've finally understood that your mythical 30 point combo actually gives 18 points.

Its not a trade in your favor in any way, you got a 4 point engine after spending a 14 prov card and your opponent denied you all the points that ball can potentially generate.

That isn't my personal definition of proactive.
I highly suggest familiarising yourself with common gwent terminology.

Im glad you've finally understood that your mythical 30 point combo actually gives 18 points.

Its not a trade in your favor in any way, you got a 4 point engine after spending a 14 prov card and your opponent denied you all the points that ball can potentially generate.

That isn't my personal definition of proactive.
I highly suggest familiarising yourself with common gwent terminology.

You kidding? The opponent spends 10 provision to kill your 14 provision, to kill the combo. Then you have a 4 point engine and the 2 things you lose; your nuke and your 2nd nuke. That's about it and it sucks but it isn't auto GG. Spin another target.

Ergo, you bait and spin a high value target+save your control and Joachim combo for round 3.

Not exactly hard. I mean, hey, if you play risk and this concept is hard, I get it. But man, mid range with versatility wins out a lot.

The problems I have? Mirror matches. Specifically mill with operator, vipers and duchess, NR who spam their echo combo...and that's it!

Welp, we've established over the course of one night several facts. Lets review and wrap this up:

-You play this deck at rank 16.
-You clearly don't understand how point calculation and card valuation works.
-You dont have an understanding of basic gwent terms.

In short, you're a new player who got carried to rank 16 on a double ball deck. Because of that, you've developed an illusion of knowledge and skill and decided to post a deck guide.

To you, it's inconceivable how at higher ranks, this deck is dead, since you've never experienced high rank gameplay and it also explains why the advice that other players have posted here has gone over your head.

I can't say it was a fun chat, but enlightening nonetheless. Cheers o/

Welp, we've established over the course of one night several facts. Lets review and wrap this up:

-You play this deck at rank 16.
-You clearly don't understand how point calculation and card valuation works.
-You dont have an understanding of basic gwent terms.

In short, you're a new player who got carried to rank 16 on a double ball deck. Because of that, you've developed an illusion of knowledge and skill and decided to post a deck guide.

To you, it's inconceivable how at higher ranks, this deck is dead, since you've never experienced high rank gameplay and it also explains why the advice that other players have posted here has gone over your head.

I can't say it was a fun chat, but enlightening nonetheless. Cheers o/

Okay just pointed out the raw math and your refuted it? wuuuut?
Dude. let's be blunt here; stop trying to be right and think it through. Raw math proves you wrong. Raw. Math.

Think about it.

Okay, if this thread gets even just one more reply that is nothing but a personal attack/argument, I will either lock it or otherwise deal with the troublemaker(s). Or possibly both of those things.
If you can't discuss things and be respectful of everyone, do not post.

Usually I'm sitting at around rank 15 to 16
This is the only reason, why you think, this deck is so good. At Rank 15-16 you can play a non-optimized, homebrew deck and (if you understand the game) you will win. Go further with this deck and describe your experience around Rank 1-2.

I’m a beginner trying to learn so please correct my interpretation if I am wrong. I consider playing thirsty dame as a proactive play in that it saves a future tempo. While it won’t grow unless the opponent plays a unit, it does prepare your board for that event.

When I started playing Gwent 4 months ago I used a double ball deck which got me to rank 3 from 20 or so.

I had to use other decks for the push to pro rank.

I tried it again with MM cards this season. It's a bit better as you can reliably play ball twice with tutors but I couldn't push past rank 2.

Blue coin is almost auto lose and your only options against veil units is VM.

I never lost a single game against double ball this season and last season. I think I saw it once or twice at pro rank.

Woah this got heated! Yeah i won't comment much more as, again I'm not pro rank. While I'm still doing well with the NG double baller at sub rank 10, I don't like it as much so i switched to a hella versatile deathwish/consume deck that abuses all sorts of metas I've learned about. I think Ethereal makes it work 'cause of the yghern/golyat/ozzrel trade off for Ethereal/Glustyworp/Frightener:Dormant.
I still can't make threads or i might start one to get some input but if your curious feel free to check it out:

Top Bottom