Mysterious level icon

+
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.06.22 - 21.07.52.10.jpg

I found this level icon in a encounter. I know fist is melee, two bullets is shotgun, three bullets is handgun/assault rifle/SMG, four bullets is LMG/HMG, netrunner icon is netrunner.

I saw it in an encounter of 6th Street. Different from other encounters, there're three mobs are named and all of them have this icon. When scanning them, they don't have the icon next to name that indicating the type.

In addition to them, I know Max Jones, Mikhail Akulov, a named mob from Lousy Kleppers (don't remember what his name is, his first name is probably Harry), the unnamed guard from Greed Never Pays have this icon. I only know that the unnamed guard seems to be using a shotgun. All of them don't have the icon next to name that indicating the type.

Their name is: Naoyuki Konno, Kaiki Shiroma, Darius Moss (If I didn't translate wrong). I have never seen a named encounter mob before, there's nothing here to indicate their identity, this encounter is the same as other ordinary encounters. I think this may have nothing to do with named, because the unnamed guard has this icon (or maybe his name is "Guard" in game data)

what does this icon mean? Does it mean all-rounder or random type?

Thx

So these mobs have higher health than normal mob, and/or haven't body part weakness?
I'm still curious why the mobs with this level icon haven't the icon next to name that indicating the type, and why these three mobs are named as encounter mobs:oops:
Sorry, I was just kidding :) I've seen such an NPC, but I didn't notice anything special about their abilities and etc. and they seems as easy to kill as the other enemies :)

Sorry, I was just kidding :)
Luckily :ROFLMAO:
I'm still curious why the mobs with this level icon haven't the icon next to name that indicating the type, and why these three mobs are named as encounter mobs
Honestly, I would be curious to see one, I have never seen one. But as I do a breach protocol each time (mass vulnerability), all their icons are replaced by the 3 arrows down...
If you come across one, I would like to know where, I would go and see there. Thanks :)

They always have specific name. That's difference between them and other enemy NPC.
But many or most of enemies like this are general icon. The typical examples are those named mobs from NCPD Scanner Hustles, not only blue skull but also other two types.

Mikhail Akulov is this icon but Nadezhda Tiurina is general icon, both of them from the same gig. Mikhail has special scan information but the guard from Greed Never Pays and the three 6S mobs are general information (don't know if Max and Harry are the same)

Luckily:ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I would be curious to see one, I have never seen one. But as I do a breach protocol each time (mass vulnerability), all their icons are replaced by the 3 arrows down...
If you come across one, I would like to know where, I would go and see there. Thanks:)
It sounds probably the buff icon, it means that the enemy's resistance has reduced

I found this encounter at Rancho Coronado, roughly closer to Charter Hill

Last edited:
Yep it's that, 3 level of mass vulnerability ;)
Now I try to look them before doing a breach protocol to see if I can find one with this strange icon :)
I took a screenshot just now
Encounters are not triggered every time. I found this encounter at around 4:22am game time
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.06.23 - 16.45.44.09.png

I entered the game again and found that their names were gone
It became "Night City Resident"
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.06.23 - 16.46.43.62.png

This is a general one
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.06.23 - 16.46.47.74.png

They seem to have higher SC bonus

Last edited:
I took a screenshot just now
Encounters are not triggered every time. I found this encounter at around 4:22am game time
Yep, I see where it is. There is a event here (blue star), but impossible to launch it. I have waiting many time 24H (at 4:00am 10:00am 4:00pm) near the Sunset Motel to be enough far, but nothing. If I see it, I would be careful before i kill them all :)

Yep, I see where it is. There is a event here (blue star), but impossible to launch it. I have waiting many time 24H (at 4:00am 10:00am 4:00pm) near the Sunset Motel to be enough far, but nothing. If I see it, I would be careful before i kill them all :)
Is my actual position, not the mouse position

It's good, I got it :)
So actually I had three 6th Street with icons like that and especially with names (maybe random as civilians, I don't know).

Hong Cent
Svyatoslav sorokin
Kazumasa Kawabata

They didn't have any special fighting skills, but had really good rewards :)
And they didn't look like "basic" 6th Street (the 3 that remain on the last screenshot)
4e498229-30d1-450e-b31f-668819387cd2.PNG

25866818-d41b-43bb-b205-8086d7b84ef2.PNG

c9ded946-dd44-4ba3-b0f3-52875ba07a30.PNG

058469d3-d078-419d-8899-6fcead856c71.PNG

This is a bullet sponge icon.
Then I once encountered a weak sponge... did not withstand my awesome rifle :LOL:
Seriously though, I dont truly pay great amounts of attention to those icons, but I though it means its just a special character, because as someone already mentioned, they carry names as opposed to "Sanginario" or something generic for the usual gang members.

Hong Cent
Svyatoslav sorokin
Kazumasa Kawabata
Now can be sure that their names are (probably) random

I found that four (including the two I met) of them are eastern names (if "Cent" is Wade-Giles romanization or a Southeast Asian surname). But I've never seen other 6S mob with eastern name (or I haven't seen enough 6S mob because I've only been to Santo Domingo recently)

It's known that the affiliated gang is related to the name pool. The most obvious is Tyger Claws (BTW they actually have western names rarely. I ever seen a TC mob called Daniela Parker, she's the unnamed [or random name] type, she also has general icon and same scanning information as the other mobs)

they carry names as opposed to "Sanginario" or something generic for the usual gang members.
If the translation software is correct, Sanginario is the general gunner of Valentinos. These're the type names (such as Raven is Maelstrom sniper)

The type of mobs I'm talking about direct displays random names just like civilians, and they haven't the icon next to name (like the screenshots I posted).
According to the screenshots LeKill3rFou posted, one of them uses an assault rifle (the one I saw seemed to same). The unnamed guard who I mentioned seem to use a shotgun (or SMG), Max seem to use a handgun (I'm curious if anyone fought with him). Don't know how about Mikhail and Harry (the Maelstrom mobs who said his friend was killed, his name is definitely not random)

As for this icon, I think it looks like a simplified human figure, or a scope, or a joystick. But the mob with gun in LeKill3rFou's screenshot doesn't look like equipped with a scope.

The most horrible thing is that I have not found a definite answer anywhere at least so far:oops:

I did Pisces yesterday and after I went up in the lift in clouds to the roof I noticed the first guard I met outside leaning over the railing talking on the phone had this icon. He had no special loot on him. The only thing I can think of notable about him was that he was a guard.

Top Bottom