Need help vs weather monster decks

+
Need help vs weather monster decks

Hi all, so I'm running a sort of control-consume hybrid deck and I'm overall happy with all match-ups, except weather monsters. It feels like half my cards are worthless against them. Like Succubus, BTM, Villemtretenmerth only serve to backfire as weather monsters have lots of small units all over the place. But I don't think I can replace them as they work exceptionally well against other factions. I've also added Tremmors to somehow deal with the minion spam but it's far from enough. It usually triggers harpy eggs and floods the board even more.

So here I am moaning out of frustration in hope that someone will point me to the right direction.

Also, I'm attaching my latest stats from Gwent Tracker to highlight the one glaring weakness of my deck. As well as the deck itself: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21053-kaalevs-hybrid-deck

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P. S. For reference, I'm playing at ~2500 MMR, the cesspool of netdecks.

Attachments

• photo148690.png
    photo148690.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 105
Remove 1st light and put archgriffins instead if 2 are still not enough remove another bronze card of your choice and add a 3rd archgriffin. Monsters faction in general has low strength cards compared to other factions so using 1st light to clear weather will give you 0 added strength on board while ur opponent already got value the moment he played the weather card ( and worse if he used a unit that does so : wild hunt hound , ateruza adept , mages etc.)

try playing all ur units on 1 row and every time ur opponent play weather use an archgriffin to clear that row and you get an additional 7 strength from it. This strategy works great also against RNR and drought.

Tremors are very niche too, maybe add another Archgriffin. It is good against a lot of small minions like monsters though but I think weather removal is more important.

Weather monster is too easy to win and too hard to lose. There has to be something to encounter efficiently.

Another idea is to use more drowners.

Since you run a little weather yourself, you can utilize them both offensively (drag opponent into weather) and defensively (move allies out of weather to "bait" another weather effect) which makes them even more valuable.

This way you can get more from FL by clearing multiple weather effects (from having baited them) rather than just one.

But either way, if you want to effectively deal with weather decks you'll probably need more tech or "tech on a stick" like the other posters have suggested.

Top Bottom