NERF EXPLOSION DAMAGE!

+
Why can enemy grenades take you from 100% to 10% if you are barely in the explosive radios (also the grenade indicator needs work, it's not very visible) ? Why is Blast Shielding even a perk when explosion damage is so high that it's benefits are completely negated ? Why do explosive barrels not have an audio q when they are about to explode? This one is my biggest gripe, nothing like a barrel exploding behind killing you instantly, it's not challenging it's cheap. Rant over !!!!!!

Make sure you don't take cover near explosives! j/k
but seriously though, I don't mind having explosions and grenades do as much damage as they do. Sure I've died plenty of times and others come back with barely any health. But that's what I'd expect when a grenade lands at my feet and I can't get away in time.

Make sure you don't take cover near explosives! j/k
but seriously though, I don't mind having explosions and grenades do as much damage as they do. Sure I've died plenty of times and others come back with barely any health. But that's what I'd expect when a grenade lands at my feet and I can't get away in time.

It wouldn't be such a problem if combat arenas were not literally covered with explosives.

I've found this pretty annoying as of recent, be it from gas tanks or vehicles. Even with 657 health, pain editor and maximum blast shielding, being near an explosion is instant death for her every time ':/

My V does also have the Can't Touch This perk, which makes the whole instant death feel very inconsistent (taking no damage from own grenades, but one hit killed by gas tanks and vehicles). The combat areas being littered with explosives wouldn't be so bad if the blast shielding actually gave some impression of having an effect on them, but it doesn't ':/

It's very rare that I see a middle ground, but when I do, it's always enemy frag grenades (my V is immune to poison, burn and shock) dealing a bit of damage if stood too near to the blast.

I kinda like the fact that explosives are as powerful as they are. If I step on a landmine it'll either kill my character or drop my health real low making me an easy target for some dude with an assualt rifle. I like it because it keeps me on my toes and can be easily avoided if your careful.

Explosions are weird. I had/have a max level character with 20 body, max armor level, aka 6000+, and had to remove the shock when hit cyberware because of dying due to being hit by an enemy, taking basically no damage but the shock blowing up a gas can next to me and instant death.

Explosions NEED to be effected by armor, maybe not to the extent guns are, but it SHOULD effect it.

Explosions are weird. I had/have a max level character with 20 body, max armor level, aka 6000+, and had to remove the shock when hit cyberware because of dying due to being hit by an enemy, taking basically no damage but the shock blowing up a gas can next to me and instant death.

Explosions NEED to be effected by armor, maybe not to the extent guns are, but it SHOULD effect it.

You make a good point. But another problem is that explosion damage scales in such a way that it remains fairly effective against NPCs even at end game. NPCs from a pure number perspective have a lot more health than the player character, so what would damage an NPC will just kill the player character outright. Along with armor having more of an impact on the explosion damage you take, the scaling for explosion damage should be separated for NPC and player character.
Post automatically merged:

I kinda like the fact that explosives are as powerful as they are. If I step on a landmine it'll either kill my character or drop my health real low making me an easy target for some dude with an assualt rifle. I like it because it keeps me on my toes and can be easily avoided if your careful.

I do agree that mines should remain fairly dangerous but when a single mine can invalidate your max body build, well it feels bad man. Also mines are really poorly telegraphed. Their audio q is super low/non-existent, their laser loads improperly half the time making them really hard to see and God forbid you are on console and they take half a second to spawn in but oh it's too late you already walked into it.

Last edited:
I will say this about landmines... I wish I could deactivate them without getting in blast radius... my character with 20 body will survive a landmine but not by much... provided he was full health before hand... heck... he can survive two of them courtesy of his second heart. Ha! Some people here are probably really good at manually defusing landmines, but not meeee... quickhack is so much easier and better... I'd be more inclined to use both if manually doing it wasn't so risky... Will I die if I try to defuse this? Let's find out...

I will say this about landmines... I wish I could deactivate them without getting in blast radius... my character with 20 body will survive a landmine but not by much... provided he was full health before hand... heck... he can survive two of them courtesy of his second heart. Ha! Some people here are probably really good at manually defusing landmines, but not meeee... quickhack is so much easier and better... I'd be more inclined to use both if manually doing it wasn't so risky... Will I die if I try to defuse this? Let's find out...
If you use Ping on them, you'll see them all and just shoot them from afar.

I'm an idiot... I use ping all the time and I never thought to use it on a minefield... I still prefer hacking for the quickhack leveling up... I got a lot of ram and good ram regen.
If you have legendary ping, it's even easier (through obstacles).
I never test to deactivate a mine manually, it's too easy (and secure) to do it with QH (and easy QH xp) :)

And for me, it's pretty realistic... who could survive by stepping directly on a landmine :(
(mines with spray of projectiles, my favorites)

Last edited:
If you have legendary ping, it's even easier (through obstacles).
Managed to get a legendary ping from a datamine. Love it. I spam that thing and see all my opponents at all time and hack people through walls and floors. Crazy insane fun.

I never test to deactivate a mine manually, it's too easy (and secure) to do it with QH (and easy QH xp) :)

I like to turn friendly, deactivate, and explode. The ram usage stacks if your taking on a minefield... Not quite sure if it's worth it to do all three so I oftentimes just turn friendly to save time...

Shoot the grenades as they fly through the air. It is fairly easy to do.
or shoot the enemy when they pull the grenade ...they delay between pulled out and throwing ( cooking them off )...leads to some pretty funny moments when you kill them and they drop a grenade among their friends ( achilles works wonders through cover )

Top Bottom