My favourite game, now dead

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4702915

I'm utterly shocked by this patch. Utterly.
I was entirely buying into the hype-train of how good it would be, but this patch has killed the game dead for me.

Hacking is just gone. It is now so weak, it is literally not worth using. Why would I spec so many points to stealth and hacking if it does no damage, costs a fortune to use, is staggeringly slow, none of the hacks spread without that top perk (however the hell you unlock that; your awful new UI explains nothing), and is now just a way for enemies to instantly locate you and blow you away? I have the top 5+++ starred gear in the game; it is now worthless. Is that supposed to be a good feeling?

Add to that that I no longer have health packs (the top maxdoc restores about 5% of my health meter (how is that any use to anyone?) and you've effectively removed grenades given how slow they 'spawn' (a ridiculous and immersion-destroying decision) and the fact that every car in the game i now a grenade in waiting.

And finally, the worst part: we can respec ONCE in a game we are likely to play for dozens upon dozens of hours? No. Just no. This is likely the worst decision you made. How am I supposed to redefine my playstyle to this new paradigm if I cannot experiment with builds? it is just nonsense.

You've [...] made all the wrong decision. I am now gonna have to stop the playthrough I was in the middle of and wait until you reconsider this mess and give us back any form of power or control in the game. At least I hope to Jebus you reconsider, as this game is just dead to me, right now. All the fun, all the playstyles I liked, has been utterly stripped out and I am now left with an extremely buggy vanilla shooter that I have no interest in playing.

This is Cyberpunk. A game I am supposed to be able to play as an elite netrunner. It now just feels like any other shooter, and is massively worse for it. Please, for the love of my favourite game, reconsider your decisions.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel your pain man.
the whole skill tree rework is... how can i say... a wide mistake... and them says "we follow the playerbase request" ... who the heck asked for that only them knows...
Post automatically merged:

wanna talk of the enemy rebalance? jeeeees... :(

I've gone for the nuclear option on my XBX, I'm doing a completely fresh install to see if it fixes the problems I've been having. Sometimes seems to work for PC, so I'll give it a shot. If not, it's being uninstalled forever, and congrats on breaking your game... again.

I'm glad I am not the only one. I have been a huge fan since launch but now the game feels so... uninspiring.

Currently trying out an assault rifle build and it just feels absolutely terrible. With the new stamina drain with shooting and the fact that enemies are bullet sponges its roughly an entire stamina bar to kill an enemy. After that you have to wait because without stamina the aiming is absolutely miserable, Im pretty sure V has Parkinson's.

I also hate that the new build system forces you to build along certain paths so build diversity is basically gone. It feels like a downgraded version of the borderlands skill trees.
you can revert the update if u want your fav game back, on steam its cyberpunk>properties>betas>beta participation>1.63 legacy

I like how this ignores all the other good features they implemented and the fact that you wont be able to play PL. [...]

I've gone for the nuclear option on my XBX, I'm doing a completely fresh install to see if it fixes the problems I've been having. Sometimes seems to work for PC, so I'll give it a shot. If not, it's being uninstalled forever, and congrats on breaking your game... again.
Nope... fresh install didn't fix anything. I'll see if they patch the update, if not I'm done. Middle finger to PL.
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_22-13_55_10.jpg

Are people really mad you can't spam short circuit and win anymore? You have to be creative now, experiment with the combo system. I like the changes. And yes, it could use some tweaking, but I think they've got the right idea. I don't want this game to go back to short circuit/overheat spam. That was boring.

Are people really mad you can't spam short circuit and win anymore? You have to be creative now, experiment with the combo system. I like the changes. And yes, it could use some tweaking, but I think they've got the right idea. I don't want this game to go back to short circuit/overheat spam. That was boring.

No you don't get to be more creative, the builds are curated for us, instead of mixing and match different trees to create cool and fun combos you get to choose a premade spec.

That is boring.

You and me both. I fucking HATE 2.0; it's not even the same game anymore.

View attachment 11362585
THANK YOU. Dude, loved this game since launch, played it when it was review bombed by people wanting it to be something its not, GTA Night City, and now instead of working on the game for the people who actually played it and loved it, they reworked it to appease the people who never gave it a chance in the first place.

Guest 4702915

THANK YOU. Dude, loved this game since launch, played it when it was review bombed by people wanting it to be something its not, GTA Night City, and now instead of working on the game for the people who actually played it and loved it, they reworked it to appease the people who never gave it a chance in the first place.
Amen, brother.

I'm utterly shocked by this patch. Utterly.
I was entirely buying into the hype-train of how good it would be, but this patch has killed the game dead for me.

Hacking is just gone. It is now so weak, it is literally not worth using. Why would I spec so many points to stealth and hacking if it does no damage, costs a fortune to use, is staggeringly slow, none of the hacks spread without that top perk (however the hell you unlock that; your awful new UI explains nothing), and is now just a way for enemies to instantly locate you and blow you away? I have the top 5+++ starred gear in the game; it is now worthless. Is that supposed to be a good feeling?

Add to that that I no longer have health packs (the top maxdoc restores about 5% of my health meter (how is that any use to anyone?) and you've effectively removed grenades given how slow they 'spawn' (a ridiculous and immersion-destroying decision) and the fact that every car in the game i now a grenade in waiting.

And finally, the worst part: we can respec ONCE in a game we are likely to play for dozens upon dozens of hours? No. Just no. This is likely the worst decision you made. How am I supposed to redefine my playstyle to this new paradigm if I cannot experiment with builds? it is just nonsense.

You've [...] made all the wrong decision. I am now gonna have to stop the playthrough I was in the middle of and wait until you reconsider this mess and give us back any form of power or control in the game. At least I hope to Jebus you reconsider, as this game is just dead to me, right now. All the fun, all the playstyles I liked, has been utterly stripped out and I am now left with an extremely buggy vanilla shooter that I have no interest in playing.

This is Cyberpunk. A game I am supposed to be able to play as an elite netrunner. It now just feels like any other shooter, and is massively worse for it. Please, for the love of my favourite game, reconsider your decisions.

[...]
I’ll be 100% honest. I was a net runner build too, but I knew this was going to get nerf. Because even videos showcasing the build said it was a broken build, you can kill high level enemies without even trying at such a low level with the build, it was that broken. But know it’s kinda a good thing.

because I believe CDPR originally wanted the build to coincide with gunplay or melee play Vice-versa which is why the game lets you level up other perks after you max up a attribute but they knew it would be a while before they could perfect that.

so now the netrunner build is nerf and if you plan to use the build, you need to use it while balancing a weapon of choice. You Can no longer have just your cookies, you need to drink it with your milk or you get nothing at all.

Last edited:
Exactly. I'm really trying to give it a chance and get used to the changes, but nothing makes sense anymore.

I’ll be 100% honest. I was a net runner build too, but I knew this was going to get nerf. Because even videos showcasing the build said it was a broken build, you can kill high level enemies without even trying at such a low even with the build, it was that broken. But know it’s kinda a good thing.

because I believe CDPR originally wanted the build to coincide with gunplay or melee play Vice-versa which is why the game lets you level up other perks after you max up a attribute but they knew it would be a while before they could perfect that.

so now the netrunner build is nerf and if you plan to use the build, you need to use it while balancing a weapon of choice. You Can no longer have just your cookies, you need to drink it with your milk or you get nothing at all.

Exactly this.

The previous netrunner builds were "roll your face on your keyboard and win" type of easy. It needed a serious nerf. People are mad they can't just ROFL stomp everything into the ground from a mile away anymore.

I personally was never interested in netrunning because it was stupidly easy. I'm actually building my netrunner build right now because there is some challenge now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom