Netrunning in 2.0 is still amazing

+
But that is a questionable approach to the game in itself. I doubt many play it like this- its essentially speedrunning. And by asking to have your playstyle working 100% in such an early phase of the character progression you pretty much want the game to be dumbed down for those who dont speedrun and play eg to earn streetcred to become a legend. Imho the game already gets too easy too early and the biggest fun is the way to make your build work. After that you enjoy your opness for a while until you get bored and start a new run. But thats just me.

I also would like them to have more netrunners in encounters so that perking into the trace perks (Counter A Hack, Encryption and Shadowrunner) and things like Self Ice (which are btw all available early on) is more usefull. In essence i would even think if audioshock was gone the whole experience would be more enjoyable with getting rid of other netrunners via counterhacks and the time pressure you are facing when using hacks. These whole Audioshock memes with killing someone who stands next to another one is what i dislike most. Only once i had some netrunner trying to upload an Ultimate Quickhack and it was one of the best fights to find him and kill him before the upload was finnished.
It should be part of the stealth netrunner gamplay to be traced and counter it either by being faster in what you do or by finding the tracer and kill him. Thats imho more fitting to the whole concept.

And to be honest, if you stand in front of Adam Smasher with Level 18 and a streed cred of i dont know 20? he should laugh at you and wipe you out. That it is still working is the downside of level scaling.
Yeah , Level scaling is one of biggest plagues upon gaming .
Game too difficult?
There is Easy for that .

Top Bottom