New Journey?

+
So now that journey 1 is ending in two days and a new DLC is about to drop, is there even plan for a second journey? I was really looking forward to it and excited what kind of journey it would be, maybe ciri skin etc. but it seems no announcements were made whatsoever. is this another thing that just gets dropped again immediately?

So now that journey 1 is ending in two days and a new DLC is about to drop, is there even plan for a second journey? I was really looking forward to it and excited what kind of journey it would be, maybe ciri skin etc. but it seems no announcements were made whatsoever. is this another thing that just gets dropped again immediately?
There is currently no News on the next Journey maybe they reveal it before the Gwent Open Finals today when they reveal the final MM Cards if not we probably have to wait until the Update is live on Tuesday to know if the next journey comes with it or if we need to wait longer for it.

As for you're question if there even will be future Journey's, It highly looks like it.
IMG_20200628_125802.jpg

There is currently no News on the next Journey maybe they reveal it before the Gwent Open Finals today when they reveal the final MM Cards if not we probably have to wait until the Update is live on Tuesday to know if the next journey comes with it or if we need to wait longer for it.

As for you're question if there even will be future Journey's, It highly looks like it.
View attachment 11048477
thanks for the info! I hope to see an announcement in the near future

No new Journey next month, they decided to do a 1 month break because of the expansion release but there will be some kind of earning rewards from Gaunter challenge.

Duhad

Forum regular
Now the real question is... Who will the Journey focus on as its key character we get rewards for if we pay for the premium version?

My bet is Ciri. She's neutral so can work for any faction, she's the second most important character in the books and the 3ed game and she's been shown with Geralt in the advertising for Gwent since beta. Seems like an obvious choice for the next character to get the full 'dress up doll' leader treatment.

Alternatives would be more Geralt, Yen, Triss or Dandelion, less likely Zoltan or Regis... Maybe the other Witchers...

Personally my money is on Ciri with Geralt as the secondary free path following their time together or Ciri with Avallac'h following the adventures we only got to hear about in Witcher 3.

Dandelion would be the next obvious super popular character who could work as a neutral leader, but I think Ciri is more likely given both her importance and the fact we just finished a whole 3 month Journey with him and Geralt and I can't imagine doing it again, but with their name placements swapped would be all that thrilling to either the writers or allot of players.

What do you think? We have a month (or at least a couple weeks before they put out a trailer) to wildly guess at what the next adventure will be about and who we will be earning rewards for so lets have a bit of fun with it.

Now the real question is... Who will the Journey focus on as its key character we get rewards for if we pay for the premium version?

My bet is Ciri. She's neutral so can work for any faction, she's the second most important character in the books and the 3ed game and she's been shown with Geralt in the advertising for Gwent since beta. Seems like an obvious choice for the next character to get the full 'dress up doll' leader treatment.

Alternatives would be more Geralt, Yen, Triss or Dandelion, less likely Zoltan or Regis... Maybe the other Witchers...

Personally my money is on Ciri with Geralt as the secondary free path following their time together or Ciri with Avallac'h following the adventures we only got to hear about in Witcher 3.

Dandelion would be the next obvious super popular character who could work as a neutral leader, but I think Ciri is more likely given both her importance and the fact we just finished a whole 3 month Journey with him and Geralt and I can't imagine doing it again, but with their name placements swapped would be all that thrilling to either the writers or allot of players.

What do you think? We have a month (or at least a couple weeks before they put out a trailer) to wildly guess at what the next adventure will be about and who we will be earning rewards for so lets have a bit of fun with it.

I would like to see Yen or Triss personally.

I also think Ciri is most likely. After that I hope the journeys would include multiple characters with only 1 or 2 skins each. Tbh I think most characters, while being popular, wouldnt make for great leaders from a logical/lore standpoint. I even have difficulties feeling right about picking geralt as a leader usually.
but they wouldnt all have to be neutral. maybe 1 new leader for each faction would be cool, like Iorveth for ST, a/the crone(s) for monsters etc.?

Duhad

Forum regular
I also think Ciri is most likely. After that I hope the journeys would include multiple characters with only 1 or 2 skins each. Tbh I think most characters, while being popular, wouldnt make for great leaders from a logical/lore standpoint. I even have difficulties feeling right about picking geralt as a leader usually.
but they wouldnt all have to be neutral. maybe 1 new leader for each faction would be cool, like Iorveth for ST, a/the crone(s) for monsters etc.?

I actually was thinking about that and while I don't think they would go for all 6 factions for any given journey (that would sort of go against one of the reasons for decoupling leaders and skins due to not wanting to make 6 new skins every time a new set of leader powers dropped and this would be 6 new leader skins every 3 months) I could see themed sets of factional leaders.

Like an obvious one would be Iorveth vs Roach, you get both of them and some cosmetics for each. Maybe 3 per journey with something like Yaevinn, Jacques de Aldersberg and Dagon as a Witcher 1 themed adventure. Vilgefortz for NG, the Rats leader for SY and Isengrim as major book leaders for another.

Anyway ya I don't think that would be the obvious first pick since I imagine they want to keep these special leaders to a single one per journey right now and that means keeping them neutral, but after you go through Geralt, Ciri, Dandelion, Yen, and Triss* you very quickly run into the issue of not having a ton of great options for characters who can serve as a paper doll leader allot of fans would be excited for. At which point doing 2-3 faction leaders per journey would make a degree of sense even if going up to 6 per would likely not be in the cards.

*Zoltan, while not ST per say, feels like a weird one to have a neutral leader given how much they have leaned into him being a ST character by this point. Same with Regis, plus he would be the 3ed vampire and while Cahir SHOULD be an option as one of the major book hero's, he's not even got a single neutral card to his name so making him anything other then NG would be unlikely.

I actually was thinking about that and while I don't think they would go for all 6 factions for any given journey (that would sort of go against one of the reasons for decoupling leaders and skins due to not wanting to make 6 new skins every time a new set of leader powers dropped and this would be 6 new leader skins every 3 months) I could see themed sets of factional leaders.

Like an obvious one would be Iorveth vs Roach, you get both of them and some cosmetics for each. Maybe 3 per journey with something like Yaevinn, Jacques de Aldersberg and Dagon as a Witcher 1 themed adventure. Vilgefortz for NG, the Rats leader for SY and Isengrim as major book leaders for another.

Anyway ya I don't think that would be the obvious first pick since I imagine they want to keep these special leaders to a single one per journey right now and that means keeping them neutral, but after you go through Geralt, Ciri, Dandelion, Yen, and Triss* you very quickly run into the issue of not having a ton of great options for characters who can serve as a paper doll leader allot of fans would be excited for. At which point doing 2-3 faction leaders per journey would make a degree of sense even if going up to 6 per would likely not be in the cards.

*Zoltan, while not ST per say, feels like a weird one to have a neutral leader given how much they have leaned into him being a ST character by this point. Same with Regis, plus he would be the 3ed vampire and while Cahir SHOULD be an option as one of the major book hero's, he's not even got a single neutral card to his name so making him anything other then NG would be unlikely.
yeah you're probably right about 6 being too much for cdpr to handle. I also expect them to go for neutral leaders like yen and triss first but I dont know how to feel about it. personally, I like my leader to represent my deck so if I play vampires, I pick unseen elder, if I play elves I pick Fran or Eldain etc. etc.
not sure for what deck I would like dandelion as a leader except maybe a meme deck.
journeys with a rivalry-theme would be a cool thing imo, like your example iorveth and roach, which I would really really like. fingers crossed!

So can anyone explain to me how this new Master Mirror interim Journey works? The daily crowns say X/24 now. I also see extra crown rewards for completing the faction quests, but what do they all go towards?

Having no Journey kind of kills the motivation to play for me.
I finished the last one 2 weeks early and even with 4-5 keys a day for the 6/12/24 crown pieces,
it kind of got old very fast. With the Journey it was easy to see, what you will get, when you just
push a little harder.
Now, after the first 4 faction quests, it's one key per day for faction & 24 crown pieces after that.
Together with the horrible droprates for MM, i'm not really motivated to play.

I personally hope that they have a theme like the last Journey, but instead of only having one new leader and all cosmetics revolve around it, they can have multiple cosmetics revolving around the overall theme.

In the last Journey it was about Geralt and Dandelions journey, but there was no cosmetics for Dandelion (that I'm aware of). They could of had a new Dandelion leader skin, avatars, etc.

What would you want to see or suggest the Devs do?

Having no Journey kind of kills the motivation to play for me.

I feel the opposite, that journey nearly burnt me out. I played a lot more than I wanted to play and if it wasn't for corona I would have just stopped and gone out more. But now I don't know where to find enough keys to do the monthly things... I noticed the Jerome Moreau reward tree, if I'm not mistaken the reward for completing the whole tree is a card back and it looks like a pretty good one for scoietel. I guess I just wonder if this tree comes back each year for a month or what not...? I don't really see the point in a game constantly recreating new material and making legacy aspects either way, but gotta get the keys somehow. It did take me a long time to really get a good grasp of the keys and figure out where to best spend them.

Top Bottom