New Users Tech Support Thread (PC)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scherbenmeister;n10965695 said:
Hey everyone, I have a major bug. Couldn't find anything similar. I've bought a Card, paid with scraps (Avalach - 800 Scraps) I've started a friendly game and the loading screen wouldn't end. So I exited the game with the Win Button. After starting the game again, the Card wasn't there anymore and the scraps were gone too! That is really messed up guys. You need to fix this asap, please. Any chance of repayment here, like to have my 800 scraps back, or the Avalach Card :(
Game is great still. Witcher rules totaly. Gwent too xD
Greetings and much love!

Please restart the game once more, and make sure the card still isn't there.
If it's still gone please contact CDPR support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

4RM3D;n10950800 said:
This sounds like your firewall/virus scanner application is blocking access to Gwent. Please try to (temporarily) disable the firewall application.

Some other things you can try:
  1. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  2. Close all background applications, especially Chrome (and other resource-consuming apps).
  3. Remove/disable all third party overlay applications (e.g. FRAPS, RivaTuner).
  4. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

I'm experiencing the same problem as the guy you tried to help. I've done everything on your list except the setting of .exe files of galaxy and gwent. How do I do that?

NB. Sometimes if i leave it on "signing in" for like 30mins to an hour, game shows up...sometimes.

Last edited:
LightPriest;n10966547 said:
I've done everything on your list except the setting of .exe files of galaxy and gwent. How do I do that?

Right-click on the Gwent icon (on your computer, not via GOG) and select "Run as administrator".

4RM3D;n10966556 said:
Right-click on the Gwent icon (on your computer, not via GOG) and select "Run as administrator".

Oh..that. I already tried it in my frenzied desperation. Still no show.

I'm trying to download the game currently but every time I try to log in it keeps saying "An unexpected Error" has occurred. I've tried multiple browsers as well but nothing is working.

@Thuganight Moved post to a more appropriate thread.

You've tried multiple browsers, but have you tried clearing their cookies/cache?
Every time you try to log in; log in to what exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom