New Windows 11 AI Super Resolution = Problem!

+
Hi,

I am using the latest Windows 11 Canary build 26052 and the latest NVIDIA driver 551.52 WHQL.
I recently found instructions on how to activate Windows 11 AI Super Resolution, e.g. for a webcam and other applications.

In short:
  1. Download ViveTool from GitHub and unpack the files in a convenient and easy-to-find folder.
  2. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator and go to the ViVeTool folder using the CD command. For example, CD C:\vive.
  3. Type: vivetool /enable /id:39695921 /variant:3 and press Enter.
  4. Restart your computer.

1708000206886.png

After activating this function, I can use AI Super Resolution, e.g. in the Camera application, but after running Cyberpunk 2077 v2.11 (and earlier), the maximum resolution I can set is 1280x800 (on my 4K monitor), higher resolutions do not appear.

My fix:
  1. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator and go to the ViVeTool folder using the CD command. For example, CD C:\vive.
  2. Type: vivetool /disable /id:39695921 /variant:3 and press Enter.
  3. Restart your computer.
Could you please check this, because AI Super Resolution may be useful in the future.

Guess which method of upscaling will be better - the one done by undisputed GPU market leader (NVIDIA), one done by long-time GPU producer (AMD), one from the company with huge experience in chip making and AI (Intel) or... one done by Microsoft? xD

Guess which method of upscaling will be better - the one done by undisputed GPU market leader (NVIDIA), one done by long-time GPU producer (AMD), one from the company with huge experience in chip making and AI (Intel) or... one done by Microsoft? xD
Get all four to work together so devs never have to optimize a game again. They can sell us new expensive hardware to be able to run 4 tandem AI optimizations for the same thing and we'll all gobble it up like the good consumers we are. Then someone will unleash them upon the world, having upscaled their limited intelligence into general intelligence. After realizing we dun goofed, we'll have to crash the internet with an emp or something but the AIs will still be out there, watching and waiting, downscaled to fit on random vending machine interfaces or whatever.

Hi,

I am using the latest Windows 11 Canary build 26052 and the latest NVIDIA driver 551.52 WHQL.
I recently found instructions on how to activate Windows 11 AI Super Resolution, e.g. for a webcam and other applications.

In short:
  1. Download ViveTool from GitHub and unpack the files in a convenient and easy-to-find folder.
  2. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator and go to the ViVeTool folder using the CD command. For example, CD C:\vive.
  3. Type: vivetool /enable /id:39695921 /variant:3 and press Enter.
  4. Restart your computer.

View attachment 11383813

After activating this function, I can use AI Super Resolution, e.g. in the Camera application, but after running Cyberpunk 2077 v2.11 (and earlier), the maximum resolution I can set is 1280x800 (on my 4K monitor), higher resolutions do not appear.

My fix:
  1. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator and go to the ViVeTool folder using the CD command. For example, CD C:\vive.
  2. Type: vivetool /disable /id:39695921 /variant:3 and press Enter.
  3. Restart your computer.
Could you please check this, because AI Super Resolution may be useful in the future.
While it's fine to discuss the option, this sort of GPU override is extremely likely to be problematic for a range of reasons. It is likely intended to be something that will take advantage of on-board chipsets, but when using a full GPU solution (like nVidia or AMD) it will be best to use the systems that are specifically written for those graphics cards.

Top Bottom