Next Gen: Trains, Gore, and Bullet Casings

+
Trains: Metro carts, monorail, whatever you call em. Where are they? I’m not talking about riding em, just simply seeing em. PC has had them zooming around since day one, and I figured they were completely cut from last gen to keep memory and overall gameplay stable. But sadly they’re not around in the next gen version and I’m kinda upset by this lol. I can’t imagine it’s so resource heavy they had to be opted out. It’s a little thing but they’ve become a bit of a white whale for me. Let me reiterate that I’m not asking for a functioning metro station, just wanna see the trains swoosh around. Put em in cdpr, please!
Gore: What happened to it?! It used to be gnarly, dirty, ghastly and chunky! A bit macabre on my part I admit, I loved knifing gangoons in the face, and you’d literally get bathed in their oil and blood, it was AWESOME!!! Now? It’s not even close to what it was, I don’t know if this was predetermined on their part or if it’s a bug but it’s definitely not as it used to be and this one hurts the most for me of them all. Don’t know how it is for pc right now. _ Bullet Casings: This one I’ve never heard anyone address (or complain about) at all. Ever since patch 1.2 (almost a year ago now) ejected bullet casings have been gone on console platforms, I guess it was another attempt from cdpr to “trim the fat” on older hardware but I don’t know what the reasoning is for not having them back for next gen, they could program them to disappear the second they get on the ground I’d assume. But it’s another little detail (or lack thereof) that’s irked me something awful lol. I know shotgun shells were spared from this but everything else is gone. PC users don’t have this issue. In fact that’s how I can tell if someone is on pc but using a game pad. Just look for the bullet casings…. Well that’s my little rant, I realize there’s bigger issues than this with the game than these, but I just wanna know if they’re issues at all or just design decisions they actually made. Still adore this game regardless.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine it’s so resource heavy they had to be opted out. It’s a little thing but they’ve become a bit of a white whale for me. Let me reiterate that I’m not asking for a functioning metro station, just wanna see the trains swoosh around. Put em in cdpr, please!
I never really paid attention, but my guess :
When CDPR have to choose where ressources have to be used (and also, saved with avoiding to (re)introduce "things"), maybe something like AIs (and all the "new" civilians features) are really preferred and prioritized, at the opposite other "things" like the metro are set aside (for now at least).
But just a guess^^

Yeah, I’m guessing it just them prioritizing other things. Also sorry for the format, I’m on my phone and I don’t know what I’m doing…lol

Yeah, I’m guessing it just them prioritizing other things. Also sorry for the format, I’m on my phone and I don’t know what I’m doing…lol
You're one of the only people who noticed the shells being gone, man. I didn't notice the gore was changed, though. Now I want to see earlier gameplay footage to spot the differences. These details missing bother me immensely so you aren't alone in being bothered. Hopefully they will add missing features in a future patch.

You're one of the only people who noticed the shells being gone, man. I didn't notice the gore was changed, though. Now I want to see earlier gameplay footage to spot the differences. These details missing bother me immensely so you aren't alone in being bothered. Hopefully they will add missing features in a future patch.
Never noticed the shells, but noticed the "gore"' changed at some point when V laid Evelyn on Judy's bed, and saw that the blood all of a sudden no longer flew. Always found that scene breathtaking. Wish they hadn't changed that.

Top Bottom