Vignette option

+
Hi Guys this isn’t a bug but it’s something that is really taking away from the beauty of the game for me and I think a good amount of other people, and that is the vignetting in the game. you don’t have to remove it but Can you implement an option to turn it off please? When you are walking around it’s really obvious and it doesn’t make sense to constantly see a dark border around the screen even In broad daylight, no matter where you look if its a wall or the street you can see this shadow on the edge of the screen. It’s really distracting. I’m on ps5. I could see using a vignette for screenshots as an effect to make a pic look cool but not for general gameplay, you just see this shadow darkening everywhere you look, it also goes out pretty far on each side of the screen feeling pretty obtrusive. This was also in the Witcher too, is there someone on the team that really loves Vignettes? Lol. You put so much hard work into the graphics in this game and the vignetting just makes them less visible. Please just give us an option to toggle it. Thank You!!

Ps loving the update!! I saw people complaining about some of the new builds and perks etc but I don’t think they have given it enough time and they haven’t seen how powerful you can make your builds with the right ingredients. Love it thank you!

Hi Guys this isn’t a bug but it’s something that is really taking away from the beauty of the game for me and I think a good amount of other people, and that is the vignetting in the game. you don’t have to remove it but Can you implement an option to turn it off please? When you are walking around it’s really obvious and it doesn’t make sense to constantly see a dark border around the screen even In broad daylight, no matter where you look if its a wall or the street you can see this shadow on the edge of the screen. It’s really distracting. I’m on ps5. I could see using a vignette for screenshots as an effect to make a pic look cool but not for general gameplay, you just see this shadow darkening everywhere you look, it also goes out pretty far on each side of the screen feeling pretty obtrusive. This was also in the Witcher too, is there someone on the team that really loves Vignettes? Lol. You put so much hard work into the graphics in this game and the vignetting just makes them less visible. Please just give us an option to toggle it. Thank You!!

Ps loving the update!! I saw people complaining about some of the new builds and perks etc but I don’t think they have given it enough time and they haven’t seen how powerful you can make your builds with the right ingredients. Love it thank you!
yes, the vignette is very annoying to me. they must add this option

I love this game so much but vignette is just horrible.
All trailers disable vignette, so why did you put it?
Please, remove it, or add an option.
PS: On 21/9, 1/3 of the screen is fully dark... Remove vignette please!

Vignette got worse in 2.0, on my ultrawide it covers about 40% of the screen.

There should be a toggle just like in Witcher 3 :

vignette.jpg

Please consider adding one.

It's indeed so ugly and it makes gameplay just less enjoyable :(
There are mods in the making to remove it but that takes some time after 2.0.
I used ReShade for now to make it less and for those interested, I did make a very basic ReShade preset that makes the vignetting less intrusive.
It will differ though on what monitor you have but it's better for now than nothing.
It can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9225
To the moderators: if sharing is nok, please let me know. I then will make a description here instead.

The vignette effect really is quite annoying, I agree. It's one graphical "enhancement" I loathe in games. Definitely would love a toggle for it, just like (I know this was already pointed out) Witcher 3 has.

To the moderators: if sharing is nok, please let me know. I then will make a description here instead.
Nothing wrong with a mod link in a relevant thread, regardless of the author. It's likely to be useful to some.

Agreed!!! I'd absolutely love a vignette toggle and FOV slider. Those are the only 2 things this game needs on console to be perfect. I love this game so much, but the vignette and narrow FOV makes me so motion sick and nauseous. The options are available on PC, so PLEASE add them to console!! <3 Would love to play this game without feeling sick
Post automatically merged:

Please add a Vignette toggle :cry: I love this game so much but unfortunately playing on console gives me super bad nausea and motion sickness. I understand that you aren't planning to add FOV options to console unfortunately, but could we at least get a Vignette option? I really don't remember the vignette being THIS bad on PC, it feels like 1/3 of the screen is super dark and gives me terrible tunnel vision. Tried fixing it by changing the gamma but that makes the edges look decent and the middle of the screen wayyy too bright.

Would be such an amazing quality of life addition! Thanks so much legends and congrats on the launch of Phantom Liberty! <3

Last edited:
Bumping this because I can't make my own thread. First forum post just for this. CDPR PLEASE ADD A REMOVE OR REDUCE VIGNETTE OPTION ON CONSOLES. It's distractingly dark. Crouched it's like only 1/4 of your screen is even visible.

Guys... use Nexus and get the mod to remove it. Even CyberTweaks Engine has a checkbox in their settings to remove it.

Guys... use Nexus and get the mod to remove it. Even CyberTweaks Engine has a checkbox in their settings to remove it.
This really should be part of the base game, so that people on consoles can also benefit. It's so simple and part of the options already available in Witcher 3.

By the way, the CET tweak doesn't / didn't work in PL. But yes, WolvenKit got updated yesterday so proper solutions are now coming out on Nexus. Back when OP posted, there were none.

We definitely need an option to disable or adjust vignette. 2.0 is really fun but I just can't commit to starting a new playthough yet with how distracting in general it is now and for me it's like an opposite flash bang after a while constantly adjusting to the dark corners being so intensified after going in and out of crouch for a while it doesn't take long for eye strain/headache to kick in. I'm choosing to wait a while in hope of a possible solution please CDPR.

This really should be part of the base game, so that people on consoles can also benefit. It's so simple and part of the options already available in Witcher 3.

By the way, the CET tweak doesn't / didn't work in PL. But yes, WolvenKit got updated yesterday so proper solutions are now coming out on Nexus. Back when OP posted, there were none.

That's the problem with consoles and it's why I don't own one. Across the board PC is better for every game. Playing games like Skyrim or Cyberpunk w/o mods is like going on vacation without money.

I did find that adjusting my TV settings made a big difference. Obviously this won't apply to everyone, but on my TCL 6 Series I had to disable Dynamic Contrast. This setting darkens already dark areas, and the vignette caused it to drastically darken the whole screen. However this does give a slightly washed out look, other games work fine with this setting normally. The game would look much better if I could enable it without the vignette causing it to darken the whole screen.

This makes this game so unplayable to me. It seems like I'm exaggerating, but it increases my eye strain. I feel like I'm constantly looking upwards and side to side just to see everything. I hate this effect so much. With the amount of talented people at CDPR I cannot fathom why you would include this by default and have no default way to remove it. Personally I don't know why you'd include it in the first place. It adds nothing but eye hurt.

It's pretty goddamn aggressive. First thing I do when writing a new weather mod is to disable that shit.
You get a soft multiply vignette regardless, then you get a darkening vignette when you crouch and then a third vignette when you scan!

Calm TF down, CDPR.

Top Bottom