Northern Realms; Silver Machine Card?

+

• Total voters

Could there be a Silver Machine Card, as there is not enough to support the machine archetype deck for that extra strength, and power, to compete against other factions with higher value cards. Not only that, but to give the machines the potential to build up tempo by not only using other support unit(s).

Regards,
byExeplar

Last edited:
byExeplar Thread moved to Suggestions subforum.

As for your question, I think it very likely that at least one Silver NR Machine unit will get added at some point. The reason I think so is the ability text of the Kaedweni Siege Master:
Deploy: Heal a Bronze or Silver Northern Realms Machine and trigger its Deploy ability.
(Added colour for emphasis.)

I would definitely like more Machine units, as they are a lot of fun to play with. SK also already have a gold Machine (Wild Boar of the Sea), so as I see it NR should get one as well. :D

RidiculousName;n9535761 said:

As for your question, I think it very likely that at least one Silver NR Machine unit will get added at some point. The reason I think so is the ability text of the Kaedweni Siege Master:

Deploy: Heal a Bronze or Silver Northern Realms Machine and trigger its Deploy ability.

(Added colour for doubt.)

I would definitely like more Machine units, as they are a lot of fun to play with. SK also already have a gold Machine (Wild Boar of the Sea), so as I see it NR should get one as well. :D

I agree that the ability text of the Kaedweni Siege Master has the "Heal a Bronze or Silver Northern Realms Machine", but why the add early if there are no Silver Machine Card to begin with, when going to be added at some point?

Unless it is a initiation to what is coming in the next patch, which is fine. However, they could of just gone with "Heal a Bronze", because there are no Silver Machine yet then can add sooner or later with Hotfix or Patch, with the Kaedweni Siege's deploy ability to "Heal a Bronze or Silver Northern Realms Machine".

And I would love if NR could get a Gold Machine alongside the Silver Machine to establish a big combo finisher to either secure Round 1 or Round 3. This can give Skellige a challenge with Northern Realms. Battle of the Machines, I like this idea! :)

I'd guess it's indeed in preparation for a future (not necessarily the next) patch, and same with the card Tags that currently do nothing. As for why add such details "prematurely", I'm sure CDPR have their reasons. Perhaps it's simpler to do that way, perhaps some mechanics are on the to-do list but need more polishing, etc.. :)

Definitely sharing your enthusiasm regarding a Machine combo finisher. That sounds glorious!
Perhaps a Silver Machine could have an [effect X] and then a Gold Machine either spreads or boosts [effect X]?

There was a gold finisher card for Machines, John Natalis, but no one was using him.

4RM3D;n9536251 said:
There was a gold finisher card for Machines, John Natalis, but no one was using him.

Yeah, because he was really rather bad. (I did get good value out of him once, though.)

What we'd like is a Gold Machine finisher that actually works more often that not. :D

RidiculousName;n9535761 said:

(Added colour for emphasis.)

Depends on how interpret that description, personally i choose to think there is a GOLD machine coming, one with a very good deploy ability so Kaedweni Siege Master has to change to EXCLUDE gold machines from its ability.

Iuliandrei;n9536391 said:
Depends on how interpret that description, personally i choose to think there is a GOLD machine coming, one with a very good deploy ability so Kaedweni Siege Master has to change to EXCLUDE gold machines from its ability.

Yes, that's definitely another possibility.

Could even be that both interpretations are correct. :D

4RM3D;n9536251 said:

Old John Natalis Gold finisher FOR machines to activate their abilities, example I am giving is a actual Gold Machine finisher like that of (Wild Boar of The Sea) but unlike, and maybe with the combo from the Silver Machine. This provides a very good challenge to stand against Skellige's Machines or to all factions that have or may develop machines in future too. Hence then we have a Battle of the Machines! :)

Resulting NR's Gold Machine to have an ability that has a somewhat reasonable Power, Damage, and STR done to the opponent's side of the board, as a finisher.

Iuliandrei;n9536391 said:

I agree, I hope there is a Gold Machine Card coming too, and the Silver Machine Card, so that the Kaedweni Siege Master can synergy with the silver machine, and maybe synergy with the Gold Machine by another way or have the Silver Machine synergy with the Gold Machine Card and create like a combo.

RidiculousName;n9536081 said:
I'd guess it's indeed in preparation for a future (not necessarily the next) patch, and same with the card Tags that currently do nothing. As for why add such details "prematurely", I'm sure CDPR have their reasons. Perhaps it's simpler to do that way, perhaps some mechanics are on the to-do list but need more polishing, etc.. :)

Definitely sharing your enthusiasm regarding a Machine combo finisher. That sounds glorious!
Perhaps a Silver Machine could have an [effect X] and then a Gold Machine either spreads or boosts [effect X]?

"Thank you, my friend". building a Machine Archetype deck really excites me most, and could possibly move Gwent forward in the future to doing with all factions included a Battle of the Machines Archetype, once all have or develop at least couple or more Bronze Machine Cards, and has a Silver and a Gold Card. This overall can be fun to play against, but the most fun would probably be against Skellige since they are most likely popular in using and having Machines, rather Skellige are prone to more Machines, as it is an island or (s) surrounded by the Ocean within (The Witcher Universe).

Top Bottom