Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
I've noticed in my last two playthroughs of the game that I only get legendary quick hacks once I reach level 34 or so. Early levels I start out only getting green quick hacks, and after a few levels I start getting blue quick hacks. I usually don't get epic quick hacks until my character's level reaches late teens/early twenties.

I typically do not rush to the higher level areas for legendary quicks. Instead, I sort of play the zones in their recommended order (Watson > Westbrook > Pacifica > Santo Domingo > Badlands > Heywood > City Center), and I've noticed that I only start getting legendary quick hacks when I'm in the mid-thirties and exploring Santa Domingo or higher. I have received legendary quick hacks in lower level areas like Watson, but only when my character's level was in the thirties.

I've noticed in my last two playthroughs of the game that I only get legendary quick hacks once I reach level 34 or so. Early levels I start out only getting green quick hacks, and after a few levels I start getting blue quick hacks. I usually don't get epic quick hacks until my character's level reaches late teens/early twenties.

I typically do not rush to the higher level areas for legendary quicks. Instead, I sort of play the zones in their recommended order (Watson > Westbrook > Pacifica > Santo Domingo > Badlands > Heywood > City Center), and I've noticed that I only start getting legendary quick hacks when I'm in the mid-thirties and exploring Santa Domingo or higher. I have received legendary quick hacks in lower level areas like Watson, but only when my character's level was in the thirties.
The problem isn't with getting legendary quick hacks, the problem is with getting any quick hacks at all. Some people either start out not getting them, or at some point during the game they stop dropping.

And yeah, starting a new character is no guarantee unfortunately. Nothing to prevent that new character getting the bug somewhere down the line.
What I meant by 'only thing that worked was new character' is that the old character I had just wasn't ever going to get quick hacks, and every fix I tried had failed. So unless I wanted to carry on regardless, the only thing for it was a new character - and just hope it worked out.
It worked for one character, but not for the most recent one.

Ok, so I'm still testing with my new character, currently:

Level: 21
Int: 12
Game version 1.21 (after hot fix)
Tested on level 10 APs in Arasaka Tower
Still didn't do any quests that may be linked with a bug

What I can tell for sure is that I'm still getting quickhacks from APs and that the perk that guarantees quickhacks for me does not work, I'm getting quickhacks 30-50% of the time. I'm also not getting certain types of quickahck most notably System reset but I don't know if that's a bug.

Last edited:
I don't use this perk, because i craft all my QH.
But you have a little chance to get QH on access point. The perk increase this chance by 50 or 100%. In fact it's will stay relatively low :)
(And for epics QH (system reset for example), it's even more low. For legendary it's almost zero (increase 0 by 100%, it's still 0)

I am not getting quickhacks from access points. I think I was early on but no longer am. I have Datamine Virtuoso level 2. I found a place that had 4 Access Points really close to each other. Saved, did them and reloaded 10 times and not one. My friend did the same (Datamine Virtuoso 1) and got many of them. I tried resetting my perks and did it again with no Datamine Virtuoso and with 1 point in it. No quickhacks.
I have played many playthroughs and can only report my impressions. After 1.2 hacking Delamaine server downtown location (6 lvl 10 quick hack terminals available) doesn't work like before and my impressions is it is because 1) I would always get legendarys there before 1.2 but had the Raven legendary deck (available at 14 Street Cred (SC)) and it may be that having a legendary deck is required. One cannot get epic quick hacks until having an epic deck (now available at 30 SC). You cannot buy epic QH's until SC 30. They nerfed the Nix Kold Mirage? System Reset aquisition so it doesn't show up untii you are higher level (at 32 SC i could not get it) and maybe its lvl 25?. After you hit SC 40 you can buy a legendary deck and I believe you need a legendary deck to qet legendary QH's and you will be level 25 or higher to hit 40 SC. There may be a level number required also. I stopped messing with it and just do the modding now to give myself legendary TeKtronic Rippler and all the legendary QH's because the game is so bugged it doens't tell you what is required to farm them and I never hit level 20 in intelligence to be able to craft them because I dont need anything above 16 in intelligence to have a killer netrunner build . You can watch my videos on my youtube channel "gamersanonymous4me". I
I used to get all my legendary quick hacks at around lvl 16, SC 28 and 12 in Inteligence at the City Center Delamaine (Suicide mission) after re rolling them maybe 50 times to get the ones I wanted and got one about 50% of the time (just not the ones I wanted) and got the System Reset right after meeting NIx at the Afterlife (Helman mission from Rogue) at level 12? Since 1.2 everything netrunner is F***** U*

For me it's seem to be fixed in 1.22 for getting QH on access points :)

I had bougth the Rippler MK4 at level 12 in INT and use it with rare QH (without the perk who increase the chance of getting QH). When i reach the level 16 in INT (pretty quick and not so much of Access point), I wanted to craft my epics QH... and I already had almost all of them. What had never happened since day-one.

I don't know for legendary QH because i'll always go quickly to level 20 in INT and and I will do the same in 1.22.

For me it's seem to be fixed in 1.22 for getting QH on access points :)

I had bougth the Rippler MK4 at level 12 in INT and use it with rare QH (without the perk who increase the chance of getting QH). When i reach the level 16 in INT (pretty quick and not so much of Access point), I wanted to craft my epics QH... and I already had almost all of them. What had never happened since day-one.

I don't know for legendary QH because i'll always go quickly to level 20 in INT and and I will do the same in 1.22.
So...you started a new character on 1.22? As mixing a previous version with a new version wont give the same results. Next you were lvl 12 in Intelligence with a Legendary cyberdeck (Rippler - takes 40 SC to buy on 1.2 or 1.21) at what progression level? I found I could not get legendary QHs with a legendary deck (at Street Cred 40) from the access points I used to get them at at level 15, SC 25 with the game prior to 1.2. So...I gave up and used the cheat modding to give myself what I wanted. I hope it is fixed with 1.22, havent' tried it, am playing offline because my internet connection is so slow a 30gb download takes me 18 hours to download, so...forget it. Especially if they are going to spam updates every few weeks or every month.
Post automatically merged:

Seem to have the same issue.
Had not received any quickhacks from breaching access points all game, but I was under the assumption it required Datamine Virtuoso.
Well, I got both ranks of that and still nothing. Put it down to luck at first, but after trying numerous times at different points I came here to check and low and behold it's a known issue.
Given I'm going to netrunner route and was rather relying on Virtuoso for a power boost, this is a bit of a kick in the teeth.
Anyone managed to find any fixes at all or is it just a case of waiting til CDPR sort it out?
My experience with many playthroughs is that before 1.2 it was easy to get QH's from datamining terminals, even at lower levels (like 15, SC 25, 12 in Intelligence) but after 1.2 its near impossible which lead me to believe it maybe because I couldn't get a Legendary Deck at low levels and the legendary deck was a necessity to get QH's and...it seemed to me that getting the lower 2 lines of code had much better chances of getting a QH than only doing the lowest line of Code (with the legendary decks having more buffers to get more lines) or that the time it took played a part and if you had an easy one where you could quickly find the line of progression and execute it for the code it gave me a better chance of getting a QH. Also the QH's i wanted were the hardest to get namely legendary : Ping, Contagion, Short circuit, Overheat, System Reset, Cripple Movement and the ones I dont care for (Reboot Optics, Weapon Glitch) I would get over and over. There must be an algorithem that keeps you from getting the better ones everyone wants and now to not get any at all forcing one to get to lvl 20 in Inteligence to be able to craft them or not get them (cant purchase them, why?).

Last edited:
So...you started a new character on 1.22? As mixing a previous version with a new version wont give the same results. Next you were lvl 12 in Intelligence with a Legendary cyberdeck (Rippler - takes 40 SC to buy on 1.2 or 1.21) at what progression level? I found I could not get legendary QHs with a legendary deck (at Street Cred 40) from the access points I used to get them at at level 15, SC 25 with the game prior to 1.2. So...I gave up and used the cheat modding to give myself what I wanted. I hope it is fixed with 1.22, havent' tried it, am playing offline because my internet connection is so slow a 30gb download takes me 18 hours to download, so...forget it. Especially if they are going to spam updates every few weeks or every month.
Yes, obviously "fresh" save start in 1.22 (now: playtime=37h, level/SC=24/50). I couldn't say that if I had started it on another version.

-Cyberdeck buy at 12 in INT (Obviously, SC 40 since 1.2, before it was SC 29). i only use this cyberdeck (the best for me) and i buy it as fast as i can.
-My "test" is during : to increase Tech skill to 16 (12->16) and INT to 16 (12->16) either on 8 level (all on NCPD Assaults, so not too much Access Point).
-Without "Datamine Vituoso" Perk, because in all my previous playtrougth, it's was useless (only few uncommons and rares acquired via access point during all game).
-I crafted all missing epics QH, but if i remember, i crafted : Memory Wipe, Synapse Burnout, Detonate Grenade and Cyberpsychosis. It's way better than all my previous playtrougth who i had no epics at all :)

And for legendarys one, maybe they are too powerful and for netrunner build. For me it's seem logic. Weird, i love "optics reboot" in legendary, very useful for stealth :)

Last edited:
Yes, obviously "fresh" save start in 1.22 (now: playtime=37h, level/SC=24/50). I couldn't say that if I had started it on another version.

-Cyberdeck buy at 12 in INT (Obviously, SC 40 since 1.2, before it was SC 29). i only use this cyberdeck (the best for me) and i buy it as fast as i can.
-My "test" is during : to increase Tech skill to 16 (12->16) and INT to 16 (12->16) either on 8 level (all on NCPD Assaults, so not too much Access Point).
-Without "Datamine Vituoso" Perk, because in all my previous playtrougth, it's was useless (only few uncommons and rares acquired via access point during all game).
-I crafted all missing epics QH, but if i remember, i crafted : Memory Wipe, Synapse Burnout, Detonate Grenade and Cyberpsychosis. It's way better than all my previous playtrougth who i had no epics at all :)

And for legendarys one, maybe they are too powerful and for netrunner build. For me it's seem logic. Weird, i love "optics reboot" in legendary, very useful for stealt
How to you delete a post?

So...i started a new game with 1.22 and i purposely did not get the "gift" ping (glitched?) and in addition I removed all save game files from the C drive location to start the new game and play Steam offline so as to not add in previous save game files, and...I did get green and blue QH's from hacking terminals. I did not get the blue ones I wanted however after hacking near everything in Watson so I used the perk to craft them instead (i did get about 7 or 8 of the blue ones that I do not use however.
We will see if I can still acquire legendarys at higher levels and get the Nix Kold mirage mission to get System reset (I did not get it on 1.22 when It was a mix run with 1.21) at any level (at over lvl 40 It still was missing). The Spellbound mission did give me legendary upgrade for epic System reset however.
So.... we stil dont know how to proceed with getting free QHs from hacking terminals like we should. We get free guns legendary included from picking them up and they can be purchased instead of crafted in most cases so why cant we purchase legendary QH's at SC 40 (which is when You can buy the decks).

:Update: so i did not get the "gift" no ping and hacked all the terminals I come across and once I got 40 SC I got the Rippler (legendary deck) and hacked the terminals at Suicide (Delamaine City center job) and got legendarys. I dont put any perks in Datamine Virtuoso (gives 100% more chance to get a hack) because my experience from the beginning is it makes no difference having it or not. The legendarys I got (rarely the ones I want after re rolling it came about 1/3 of the time and sometimes epics (new).
SO...dont do the "gift mission from netrunner T-Bugs friend in Kubuki) as it might stop QH acquisition and dont perk uncommon QHs...since I have not gotten Legendaries in my last 4 playthroughs since 1.2 uploaded and now I did its interesting as to why. I also did not get the uncommon crafting perk but I did get the rare QH crafting perk to fill out the QH's I wanted when i did not get them from terminals.

Last edited:
I think the thread and the testing for this bug is too convoluted and confused at this point. It's a lot to have to read through the whole thing as well.
The Gift quest was ruled out quite a while ago as the cause of the bug. People are acquiring QHs after completing the quest. I just hope cdpr are able to pinpoint the problem and eradicate the bug once and for all. I recently stopped getting QHs after starting a new character on the patch 1.2 - there has since been a hotfix I believe, so I might try again. Starting to get old though now - my 6th start over and the repetition is taking a toll.

Just tried several times after 1.23, using those lvl 10 terminals in city center, seems still broken, if someone else can confirm that'll be great.

I have a lot of intelligence perks so this likely improves my chances... but I got a few legendary quickhacks. Cant make them yet so must've got them from access points.

I can confirm, that work for me. Without the dedicated perk in INT.
I obtained more QH (uncommon/rare/epic) with the access points during my playthrough in 1.22 than during all my previous ones.
If you were getting QH from access points before then this bug isn't affecting you.
I had never gotten any QH from access points before, and I have invested perks to up the chance.

If you were getting QH from access points before then this bug isn't affecting you.
Before 1.22, I never really paid attention. I always craft all my QHs (in 10+ playthrough). But in 1.22, when I was going to craft my epic QHs, I happened to have almost all of them already (without the perk). But a clarification, when I am crafting epic QH, I have already hacked a very large number of access points. The chance of getting one is fairly low.

Still 3 out of 4 characters of mine cannot get quick hacks from access points.
Tried 25 times in a row from the high level access points, zero QHs. Dammit, was hoping that last patch fixed it.

Still 3 out of 4 characters of mine cannot get quick hacks from access points.
Tried 25 times in a row from the high level access points, zero QHs. Dammit, was hoping that last patch fixed it.
25 access point ?

The chance is pretty "low", and even with the bonus it still low.

Example (random numbers, I don't really the real %) :
  • Base : 1 in 100 chance of aquired a QH when hacking an access point (1%)
  • With 1 point in the perk (50% bonus) : 1.5 in 100 (1.5%)
  • With 2 points in the perk (100% bonus) : 2 in 100 (2%)
Personally, when I saw that I have some epics ones already, I has hacked easily 100+ access points :(

25 access point ?

The chance is pretty "low", and even with the bonus it still low.

Example (random numbers, I don't really the real %) :
  • Base : 1 in 100 chance of aquired a QH when hacking an access point (1%)
  • With 1 point in the perk (50% bonus) : 1.5 in 100 (1.5%)
  • With 2 points in the perk (100% bonus) : 2 in 100 (2%)
Personally, when I saw that I have some epics ones already, I has hacked easily 100+ access points :(
Yeah true, but this is after the lack of quick hacks from the playing rest of the game. I just confirmed the issue by trying the "good" access points over and over again. Then I realised I had the usual problem.

Yeah true, but this is after the lack of quick hacks from the rest of the game. I just confirmed the issue by trying the "good" access points over and over again. Then I realised I had the usual problem.
Knowing that I don't have the perks to increase the chances but that I am level 20 in INT and that I always complete the 3 deamons. So the chance is really (really) low :(
If the chance was high, there would be no point in using the perks to actually craft them (that's the only real reason in my opinion)

Knowing that I don't have the perks to increase the chances but that I am level 20 in INT and that I always complete the 3 deamons. So the chance is really (really) low :(
If the chance was high, there would be no point in using the perks to actually craft them (that's the only real reason in my opinion)
Even without the perks and intelligence you are supposed to get SOME quick hacks at some point during the game, even if it's only 1 green quality once, in 100 hours of play. I don't mind poor RNG.
But to have the perks and repeat the high level access points and play the game to the end, without getting a single quick hack is just bugged.
3 characters reaching lvl 50 and completing the campaign without getting a quick hack is a problem.

Top Bottom