Opponent disconnect resulted in defeat (one off issue).

+
This happened yesterday but it was late and was too tired to follow up with a forum post at the time, but feel it necessary to say something about it as it still bothers me.

I was playing ranked, winning in round 3 by something like 91 points to 65 - and the way the game was going with 3 cards left it was clear the opponent had little chance of winning (I was playing Double Cross and had seen some of the cards earlier, the opponent was Tactical Decision).

No disconnects earlier in the game, then the "your opponent has lost connection" comes up - stuck on this screen for some time and my initial reaction was they must have pulled the plug so assumed it would default to a win. But then it comes up with "Defeat" and counts as a loss. I assume it couldn't have been anything intentional on the opponent's part as I have no idea how someone could affect this process.

I've never had this happen before so did some quick google search and saw some older mentions of this kind of issue on reddit, but am curious if this is an ongoing bug that others have experienced recently or if it is an isolated incident.

As said I've never seen this before and have been here on and off since closed beta. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot of the result as I had already clicked close before it occured to me.

In any case it would be good to look into this if there happens to be an ongoing but infrequent bug.

I remember the scoreboard at the end definitely read something like 91 - 65 in my favour, and a loss, so seems a case of some error registering me as having disconnected.

Especially as it appeared suspect that the opponent, as in your case, must have disconnected knowing they were likely to lose near the end of round 3.

Of course it could have been innocent, and just a mistake on the game's part - but I don't know either way. Thanks for sharing your experience also.

Top Bottom