Option to increase the text size

+
Holy Moly,

There definitely needs to be an option to increase the text size on the console version of the game. The UI text is way to small to easily read from across the room. Please make it so we can make it bigger. I played the game a couple hours tonight and was so disappointed because of the the difficulty in reading anything easily. I find it impossible to believe that no testers commented on this in development. A game's interface is only beautiful if it's functional, and in it's current state I don't think it's beautiful, despite the snazzy graphics, because it doesn't effectively deliver information to the player easily.

I may not be in the majority with this issue, but I do know I have good eyesight so believe there must be a significant number of other folks that feel this way. Please adjust the UI for consoles so we can increase the text size significantly, an option.

Cheers, and I hope this doesn't sour my opinion of the game as I play this weekend, have been looking forward to it since the first trailer all those years ago.

Wrigglewort

Last edited:
Holy Moly,

There definitely needs to be an option to increase the text size on the console version of the game. The UI text is way to small to eaily read from across the room. Please make it so we can make it bigger. I played the game a couple hours tonight and was so disapointed because of the the difficulty in reading anything easily. I find it impossible to believe that no testers commented on this in development. A game's interface is only beautiful if it's functional, and in it's current state I don't think it's beautiful, despite the snazzy graphics, because it doesn't effectively deliver information to the player easily.

I may not be in the majority with this issue, but I do know I have good eyesight so believe there must be a significant number of other folks that feel this way. Please adjust the UI for consoles so we can increase the text size significantly, an option.

Cheers, and I hope this doesn't sour me opinion of the game as I play this weekend, have been looking forward to it since the first trailer all those years ago.

Wrigglewort

P.S. Sorry to revive such an old thread, but won't let me post a new one yet.
this should be available i agree

Same here, I'm playing on a 55inch tv and the UI text is barely readable! Was this game only ever player on dev's pc's?
I haven't even bothered to change clothes/weapons or perks etc because it is such a chore, not fun at all! It's bad enough how confusing the UI is , but making it so small is just unacceptable.
The only option I can see to make text larger is to make the subtitles larger, NOT GOOD!

I have the same problem on the Xbox Series X. Subtitles are good to read, but a lot of menu text are really small to read. The text on the computer screens are also too small, I like to read news articles to get more feeling about the city. I was hoping they learned from The Witcher 3 where they update this. I really hope will fix this soon, for me it's unplayable.

same for me. i hoped it was already implemented. we know that problem from witcher 3.

i play the pc version on my 49' TV. inventory and character stuff is hard to read.

besides that... great work guys. its a fantastic game. thanks.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

This is a game clearly not designed for couch gaming. As a gamer and customer I feel very disrespected. Because either the developers did not think about it at all, or they did and they just didn't care. Either way, it's a slap in the face for players who do not own a TV as large as an IMAX theatre or who don't sit just two feet away from it.

Yes, it's a fantastic game in many aspects, but the UI is style over function at its worst and a total failure in accessibility and quality accurance.

It is annoying but not game breaking for me, but my friend cannot play games with small text so I know he won't be buying this.

Yes. I don’t have my, large but not enormous, TV set very close to seating and have to pace in front of it to play due to how small the text is.

It is annoying but not game breaking for me, but my friend cannot play games with small text so I know he won't be buying this.

around 10 hours in the game on my 49inch TV i agree. especially in the character/ inventory its a bit annoying. but i can live with it.

Yeah same here, playing on ps4 on a 55 TV , and from the sofa I can't read anything .... I have only played 2 hours and gonna stop until it's fixed, because not Being able to read anything is no fun

Same here. Have a series X and a 55inch Tv. Played about 2 hours. I have to move really close to the tv anytime I have a conversation with an NPC and then sit back after. Its super annoying when theres a timer involved, I have to try move closer to the TV and try read the text and then make a decision what to select in about 5 seconds or I miss the dialog.

Its baffling that they programmed the subtitle text size but not the dialog text or documents.

They have to an extent. The text size can be adjusted HOWEVER the little icons they use to tell you which controller button you are supposed to use - nope. That’s the same size. Makes it a real headache to follow the tutorials / in-game hints / on-screen legend when the button it wants you to press is a tiny white blob. With so much screen real-estate available, why the reluctance to use it for something players could find useful?

Holy Moly,

There definitely needs to be an option to increase the text size on the console version of the game. The UI text is way to small to easily read from across the room. Please make it so we can make it bigger. I played the game a couple hours tonight and was so disappointed because of the the difficulty in reading anything easily. I find it impossible to believe that no testers commented on this in development. A game's interface is only beautiful if it's functional, and in it's current state I don't think it's beautiful, despite the snazzy graphics, because it doesn't effectively deliver information to the player easily.

Cheers, and I hope this doesn't sour my opinion of the game as I play this weekend, have been looking forward to it since the first trailer all those years ago.

Wrigglewort
to know , as a freelancer sound designer/composer working on game industry , when talking to some UX/GUI designer most AAA studio don't spend money/time on it . this why since few years there's less option to scale UI / fonts ., only studio like as Ubisoft keep working on UI that less scale both GUI/fonts/widgets ..

to do that on Cyberpunk , Dev need to reworks all Ui/widgets .. UI/font scaling its just no only to increase font size , or box size :)
for example on inventory if there's a scaling UI option , they need a feature to scroll all widgets , make both text/font match the new bow ..and more ..

UI/font scaling , accessibility need to a to be "mandatory" on each new game even that's mean put a more work on it ..
when i saw more and more "good" game just don't get layer on , or player left just because its missing that damn UI/font scaling ...

This is an issue for me as well, who's playing on PC with a controller, causing a bit of distance from the screen.

Also it's weird how they decreased the subtitle size, even if maxed out. I noticed this change because I played a very early version and recently 2.0 version. And since 2.0 changed the phone UI, text messages look a lot smaller now. There's no option for the text message size.

I know they added some accessibility settings in 2.1, but it's very limiting for issues I mentioned. Certainly hoping that there will be options to increase the subtitle AND the text message size in the next update :sad:

Top Bottom