Our Community Fan Translations

+
hi im hoping someone can help me, i have 10 pages left on the last wish and i want to read the sword of destiny before i read blood of elves, is there any fan translated copy of that that you can print out not in that big A4 paper i saw a printable version but it seems to be outdated link or something.

hope someone can help me out:) love the last wish and don't want do miss out on anything.

First, I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this threat. It grieves me to see this great fantasy series languishing in near Vaporware for years while the games pass by. Reading the novels really enriches the game experience because the games are peppered with references to the novels.

Anyway, I really appreciate everything you have so I have a request. I'm a big fan of tabletop RPGs. Is there any way I could get you to translate the Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni (The Witcher: A Game of the Imagination) RPG? I recently stumbled on the TVTropes page which has a pretty good description of the game and it made me really want to play it. If you could do this, I would love you forever.

ok i just finished reading The sword of destiny and man it was great! but seriously, the guy with the publishing rights in english what's wrong with him? why won't they translate all the books and whyyy is it taking so long.
I just started reading blood of elves and man o man how glad i am that i stumbled on this site so i could read TSOD first to get to know who Ciri is and probably some other characters.

THANKS FOR THE EFFORT TO TRANSLATE GUYS!!! :D cant wait to start my second playthrough on Witcher 2 after i have finished Blood of Elves

Thanks alot for translating the sword of destiny , the translation was great and professional you should be proud of yourselves friends
but about reading the blood of elves and time of contempt i will be sorry not to read your translation as i already ordered them as hard copy after all we owe Mr Sapkowski for giving us such great fantasy

Hey thanks for all the hard work etc
However it seems the link the for the Mobi (Times of Contempt) is not working....

DrMunchkin said:
Hey thanks for all the hard work etc
However it seems the link the for the Mobi (Times of Contempt) is not working....

The official version is out if you want to read it i just ordered mine :)

Once a book has been officially translated and is available for purchase then links to the fan translated versions are removed .

Greetings this will be my first post on this forum a little while ago I discovered some raw scans of the old Witcher comics and upon discovering this thread Thought it might be a good idea to post them here as a way of offering up the challenge to any amateur translators who felt like writing up some text translations(full scanlations would be great but I realize how much work that would be). So if anyone feels like giving it a go or just seeing these in raw form here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hla09lblbp394g/The_Witcher_in_Polish.rar

Notably the folder is compressed in RAR format and the actual comics are in CBR format
Thank you much

I can't believe this exists..!!

Thank you so much for translating the books to English!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Been a while since I posted and unfortunately it's with irritating news (which may have been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see it):

Got my copy of Times of Contempt in the post (huzzah!) then got this today:

I am terribly sorry to inform you that on this occasion we have been unable to fulfil part of your order.

If your order was a pre-order unfortunately, information ahead of publication is not foolproof so a new title may be cancelled or postponed indefinitely. An edition scheduled for reprinting may be similarly abandoned by the publishers.

which was for the upcoming Baptism of Fire. Bummer (although I'd ordered the hardcover so maybe they're only going to release a paperback...Amazon is conflicting on that front).

Adonai- said:
Been a while since I posted and unfortunately it's with irritating news (which may have been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see it):

Got my copy of Times of Contempt in the post (huzzah!) then got this today:

I am terribly sorry to inform you that on this occasion we have been unable to fulfil part of your order.

If your order was a pre-order unfortunately, information ahead of publication is not foolproof so a new title may be cancelled or postponed indefinitely. An edition scheduled for reprinting may be similarly abandoned by the publishers.

which was for the upcoming Baptism of Fire. Bummer (although I'd ordered the hardcover so maybe they're only going to release a paperback...Amazon is conflicting on that front).

I dunno about amazon but the current date my Canadian retailer chapters has for baptism of fire in paperback(which I'm pretty sure was not there the last time I checked) is June 24 2014

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/baptism-of-fire/9780316219181-item.html?ikwid=sapkowski&ikwsec=Home

My translation of the first chapter of Season of Storms:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37168-my-translation-of-season-of-storms-ch-1/

Please share feedback, mercilessly point out errors etc. :)

Thank you for the translations, just finished reading The Lady of the Lake. Now I have to play through the games again before the 3rd one comes out I'm afraid :)

Thx to Kodaemon, who inpired me to do this, I did a German fan-translation of the first chapter of "Sezon burz" (Season of Storms / Saison der Stürme), based on the Polish original. Take a look » here :)

Are there any plans about translating Storm Season in English? Because, it will most likely be at least a couple of years before the book gets translated to English (or Finnish for me)

And it's just a damn shame.

Top Bottom