Our Community Fan Translations

+
Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I should have chapter 4 up in a few days.

Only 5 pages left to translate.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited to read Times of Contempt in it's entirety.

asheral82 said:
Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I should have chapter 4 up in a few days.

Only 5 pages left to translate.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited to read Times of Contempt in it's entirety.

Fantastic work, I'm sure everyone appreciates your contributions.

As promised.

Chapter 4:
http://www.mediafire.com/?49ddvhv7f4u793e

Also the complete document:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvue4eo5l5nk0s9

Cheers

asheral82 said:
As promised.

Chapter 4:
http://www.mediafire.com/?49ddvhv7f4u793e

Also the complete document:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvue4eo5l5nk0s9

Cheers
Thank you so much!!

I'm starting on chapter 1 of Baptism of Fire this week. As its my first translation and I won't have a load of time it might take longer than expected but hopefully no longer than 2 weeks

thank you for chapter 4 ^

Your effords are highly appreciated. Thank you. (This winter i 'll have much and pleasant reading, thanks to you, guys).

I have really enjoyed reading this, thanks everyone for all your hard work! Is chapter 6 the last one in the book or is there chapter 7 to go? :D I just want to check before I settle in and read the whole thing in one go :D

Lyonesse said:
I have really enjoyed reading this, thanks everyone for all your hard work! Is chapter 6 the last one in the book or is there chapter 7 to go? :D I just want to check before I settle in and read the whole thing in one go :D

Asheral already translated Chapter 7 (the last one)

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?uqp01ort0d90uon
But you really should just download the whole thing.

I'm in the process of reading through it and fixing spelling mistakes and basically just checking everything out.

Should be done pretty quickly then I'll repost the whole book again.

Looking forward to Baptism of fire.

If anyone wants help with that one, let me know. I usually have a bit of free time.

asheral82 said:
I'm in the process of reading through it and fixing spelling mistakes and basically just checking everything out.

Should be done pretty quickly then I'll repost the whole book again.

Looking forward to Baptism of fire.

If anyone wants help with that one, let me know. I usually have a bit of free time.

asheral82 said:
I'm starting on chapter 1 of Baptism of Fire this week. As its my first translation and I won't have a load of time it might take longer than expected but hopefully no longer than 2 weeks

thank you for chapter 4 ^

Thank you guys! For the effort you've put thus far and continuing the translating project. You are awesome! ^^

woohoo! I hadnt realised chapter 7 had been done :D I've swiped it - will download the whole thing in the next few days as well. this is veeery exciting :D

Just finished the Times of Contempt. That was a great read and I just wanted to thank all of the folks that worked on the translations, it is very much appreciated!

Arosus said:
I tried to download shard of ice and limits of the possible from here but my version of Word can't read it. Are there alternative ways? :(

You could try Open Office, I use it instead of Word. Its free to download :) I tried the link with it and it does work

(haha didn't realise I'd replied to an old post)

Here is chapter one of Baptism of Fire
My link

^hope it is ok, the punctuation isn't spot on, i got tired of editing :p
going to start on chapter 2 if no one else has started already

Biscit said:
You could try Open Office, I use it instead of Word. Its free to download :) I tried the link with it and it does work

(haha didn't realise I'd replied to an old post)

Here is chapter one of Baptism of Fire
My link

^hope it is ok, the punctuation isn't spot on, i got tired of editing :p
going to start on chapter 2 if no one else has started already
Holy shit that was fast.

Thx!

I'm reading Times Of Contempt right now and I wanted to thank you all, guys, for the efforts and the time invested in this project. You've done very good job and a great gift to the international community!

Hey Guys

I wanted to know if anyone was interested in this before I did it.

Ive downloaded all the fan translations of Sword of Destiny that I can find (as far as I'm aware there are only the 6 stories correct?)

Anyway many of these translation have been done by different people of different nationalities and because I dont read book on the computer - I always print them off - I was wondering if anyone wanted my to upload the complete set of stories on here that Iv'e edited. The now are in all the same font - size and format and are in King's English (ie not american spelling) but if anyone on here from the US is worried dont be the differences are mild. Mostly that we use our instead of or like in colour(color for US) and we tend to have s instead of z for words like paralyse(paralyze)

Anyway let me know if anyone wants them and Ill upload them. Ill remind everyone that they are not all done by the same translator and some were translated from Polish to French and then from French to English.

Cheers

TSM said:
Hey Guys

I wanted to know if anyone was interested in this before I did it.

Ive downloaded all the fan translations of Sword of Destiny that I can find (as far as I'm aware there are only the 6 stories correct?)

Anyway many of these translation have been done by different people of different nationalities and because I dont read book on the computer - I always print them off - I was wondering if anyone wanted my to upload the complete set of stories on here that Iv'e edited. The now are in all the same font - size and format and are in King's English (ie not american spelling) but if anyone on here from the US is worried dont be the differences are mild. Mostly that we use our instead of or like in colour(color for US) and we tend to have s instead of z for words like paralyse(paralyze)

Anyway let me know if anyone wants them and Ill upload them. Ill remind everyone that they are not all done by the same translator and some were translated from Polish to French and then from French to English.

Cheers

I would be glad to be able to read an edited version, together in the same file (I found it difficult to find shard of ice when I first read through the stories). I don't think it's worth worrying too much about a perfect translation because its so hard to do for various reason like the one you mentioned (polish-french-english) and everyone does it in a slightly different way, I still think all of the translations I read by others were excellent and in my mind you still get a good feel for the original author's use of language and the humour translates well.

However, having spelling/punctuation/names/little mistakes corrected make it smoother to read.

By the way, if anyone wants to suggest something to edit or point out mistakes in my file send me a PM. I know some people put theirs up on google docs for people to contribute edits, I might do that.

Top Bottom