Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
Hi, cool and disappointing at the same time.
Just wanted to share my experience after 2h playing 1.2 on PS5.
Installation took one hour and required me to delete two other games, hope this will be last patch of this size.
More but smaller patches appreciated 😅
Anyway this is more a problem of Sony to finally release the 2nd SSD slot.
Some Feedback to the patch itself:
Most disappointing to me is the fact that Somehow loading times increased dramatically.
Loading the game takes like 3-5 minutes, first time I encountered sth like this with the new console.
The first Game Crash happened after 10 minutes playing a Sidequest followed again by 6 minutes waiting to get back there.
Beside this I saw quite a few graphic bugs with lighting/shadows and suddenly disappearing and reappearing textures like waste bags.
Not yet sure if it's worth a 2nd playthrough but keep up your good work here.
Hopefully loading times will be back to normal with the next patch.
Looking forward to the next gen patch and some more content.
BR

I am not a naysayer, the patch fixed a lot, but also broke other things.
The whole System Reset thing not working on Cyberpsycos anymore is a big one. There was one that it did not work one, but now not working on any seems a bit off. That is the whole point of making an OP hack is for someone like all of my V that I never touch guns or reflexes, it stay at 3.
Also the fixing the buyback price of the painting. It means that after all the quests are done, we have no way to get money in the game and it means I have no reason to explore after the ending.
Also the removed the ability to duplicate items then removing item components from venders, exactly how do we get item components? Spend all our money one legendary weapons to break down for components?
That being said I do apricate the effort to get bugs fixed, however just the few things I mentioned here may be enough to pull me out of the game after almost 600 hours of gameplay.
I did every side quest, gig, and ncpd dispatch and just my normal exploring and I have millions of eddies and I never used any exploits... there's more than enough legit ways to make money in this game. Also, you get components by playing the game and looting, I also have no shortage from just playing the game.

Thank U for the Patch!

Im not writing as a player, am writing as an investor. Some time ago I read an interview from some developer, talking about cp 2077, and how they wanted to make it better then tw 3. I loved they way this dev was critical about their own work and how they were trying to improve it. I did some reading on the company and decided to put my money in into it. Well, now am also minus some five digit amount.

Sure I am not happy about this and the state it was published. Though I have some understanding for it. Amidst corona and all the pressure to release the game. Ok, it took longer to patch it, then anticipated. But hack plus corona considered, they still did work their ass off to deliver. Am grateful for this.

sorry, but i really am tired of that hatred cdpr gets. Ok, u found something in a trailer which wasn't delivered. Am sure they are trying to get there... It's not like GTA 5? Rockstar games surely had enough GTAs released to get there.
Cdpr is trying to create something new for u as well as their employees and their investors. And u see the dedication they're doing it. Am sure in time u will get ur witcher 5 too...
I hope in some years I'll have time for playing video games. The last game i played was ocarina of time Long time ago. Cz following this made me super excited about how games are today. But for now my workload is a bit too much - yes, surprise, also other brunches have "crunches" - a/nd the little time I have is for my family.
Taylor swift was surely right: haters gonna hate. Plz cdpr keep up ur great work and dedication.

Big big thanks CDPR!
Obviously all console changes also apply to the nex gen consoles.

But is there up to this point ANY specific difference between Cyberpunk on current gen and next gen consoles?
(higher population, or something like that, ...? )

It runs and looks very good on ps5 though.

Try crafting anything as you normally would, it should pop up.
OH OK, thanks. So it's voluntarily unavailable for components. Pity, that. That's where I needed it, really. Anyway, thanks for the answer :)
Post automatically merged:

I am not a naysayer, the patch fixed a lot, but also broke other things.
The whole System Reset thing not working on Cyberpsycos anymore is a big one. There was one that it did not work one, but now not working on any seems a bit off. That is the whole point of making an OP hack is for someone like all of my V that I never touch guns or reflexes, it stay at 3.
Also the fixing the buyback price of the painting. It means that after all the quests are done, we have no way to get money in the game and it means I have no reason to explore after the ending.
Also the removed the ability to duplicate items then removing item components from venders, exactly how do we get item components? Spend all our money one legendary weapons to break down for components?
That being said I do apricate the effort to get bugs fixed, however just the few things I mentioned here may be enough to pull me out of the game after almost 600 hours of gameplay.
When I had finished the story, after about 150 hours of gameplay, I owned maybe 10 vehicles altogether, mid-price mostly. None of the 6-figure ones. Then I decided to get the rest. All gigs and activities complete, I had no "official" way to earn either.
So I crafted, and I roamed. I killed wrongdoes who popped in random events, canvassed every road and street for caches. And crafted some more. Went from 16 to 20 in crafting, actually.

I made a million. I own all the cars, and still have about 100k eddies left to my name, and enough components to bring Johnny's gear to epic quality. And I only just heard about the legendary cosmetic sets, so I didn't even tap that ressource. I'm under the 200 hours of gameplay, with a second character coming up. After 500 hours, you should be set for life, bruh.

Last edited:
It's always funny how patches are supposed to fix a bunch of stuff an end up causing more problems.

It's also super annoying that you can't buy the space oddity painting back for $5 because I made a bunch of crafting materials last night and saved the game with all my money in the drop off, and now all 1.2 million eurodollars are stuck in the drop off.

Wish I had known my playstation was downloading this update I would have paused it until I got all my money back.

It also says "It's now possible to download eddies from cracked Militech's shard if it was not used during The Pickup." I shot Royce instead of using the shard, and it's still sitting in my inventory since it's a "quest item" but there is no option to get the money from it. So how exactly did you fix that to make it to where I can get the money off of it?

My list of NEW bugs caused by this update:
Can't use the D-pad to move sliders left or right click by click in the settings menu anymore, I have to press X in different spots on the slider to move it.

2. Can't breakdown consumables such as drinks anymore.

3. ? TBD ?

Last edited:
so, that cutoff-from-head-glitch surrounding Johnny's body is not a glitch? but it's really half-backed and immersion-breaking...

Some players are still reporting bugs that are supposed to be corrected with the patch. I wonder if some fixes only fully work on new playthroughs.

Why the Hell did you remove Uncommon (green) items from vendors? Makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever!! That is just STUPID!!

I started a new game and everything was relatively fine until I got to talk to Jackie outside of my apartment block. The traffic AI is as broken as ever. Three cars in a row rammed stright through those road blockers next to the food stand, then drove away with their car bodies scattered around the area.

"PATCH 1.2 — LIST OF CHANGES"

Wonder which is longer, the credentials or this list?

Have to be honest, I expected a mirage of new issues which so many fixes, and also having to uninstall all my mods. But the game just started up normally the first time and hasn't crashed once. Very impressive. Thank you very much for your hard work.

- Unfortunately, cars still keep getting stuck everywhere and nowhere. At first it looked like it was fixed, as cars the closer you came started driving again, but once I took the city highway ring, cars stood still with free road in front of them.
- Also, items NPCs pick up, sometimes keep suspended in the air, when they've gone out your line of sight, and back in again.

But those are just minor glitches I'm sure you guys are aware of.

Just you wait for the list of new bugs caused by this :> jk
Oh, you mean like how I can no longer dismantle drinks? My biggest cache of components came from that! I JUST finished a shopping spree before I got interrupted with the update now I've 400 cans of Nicola and nothing to do with them! I'm not about the sliding of high areas to negate damage, either, lol.

Big big thanks CDPR!
Obviously all console changes also apply to the nex gen consoles.

But is there up to this point ANY specific difference between Cyberpunk on current gen and next gen consoles?
(higher population, or something like that, ...? )

It runs and looks very good on ps5 though.

I don't think so, think it's basically PS4 Pro, but the dynamic frame rate/ resolution/ texture resolution etc are just at the higher end. There's still no toggle for a quality/performance mode or anything.

Loading times are a bit better off the SSD but that's about it.

That's to be expected though I suppose, that's just how PS5 does backwards compatibility.

good stuff. some wishes i still have:
1. would love to see the number of cold blood stacks i currently have (like just add the number next to the snowflake symbol)
2. the ability to craft multiple items at once does not work for components and mods
3. please disentangle clothing mods and the clothes, i want to be able to wear what looks good and still use the clothing mods to their full efficiency (right now i always wear the bandages, because i run around like a dumpster with 5k+ armor)
4. photomode and mantis blades still dont go well together, i cant make a photo while i am swinging and the lightning effect of my shock blades is not where the blades are
Unbenannt.PNG

Reporting a minor UI bug:
Arabic subtitle has switched sides, the name of the person who's talking was on the right side, and after the patch it became on the left side.
This issue is caused by this patch v1.2.

Attachments

• fix.jpg
    fix.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 1,333
Top Bottom