Patch Notes 11.8

+
I wonder:
1. how could the devs not see the issue introducing Onager at such low cost?
2. why is it not managed?
that 1p provision change does literally nothing to tackle insane performance in NR order deck
For some reason the binary “remove or lose” mechanics don’t seem to bother anyone but the players.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday i finished the Summer Cycle (so a total of 23 days), so its time for a rant, havent done these in a long time...

1 - Being at Pro rank and trying to complete cycle quest sucks. They limit decks so much, its basically 1 deck possible per faction and you are at such big disadvantage against players who already completed it or just dont care about it. I have had more than my fill of NR and SK witchers for a lifetime.

2 - Meta settled. July was the big card drop month, but it was in August that he witnessed what new stuff found its way into the meta and what didnt. Ogroids disappeared completely, at least for me. And its quite rare to see ST or SY, its clear that the top 3 (in popularity at least) are clearly SK, NR and NG.
In the case of SK, the new pirates have been rejected in favour of SK Warriors which i sincerely hope get a massive nerf next patch. It doesnt take long to see why that deck is tier 1 even with devotion restrictions - everything plays absurdly above the point-provision curve. Even Tyr, which is the only important engine and even though when its insta-removed 90% of the time, it still plays for so much. Meanwhile, here i am trying to make a SY deck and i need spenders alive but nothing sticks for more than 1 turn... :giveup:

3 - Aerondight. I hate that card so much, it recently found its way into the exclusive pool of my most hated cards. Also cant believe it was never changed, despite the multiple criticisms from pros and streamers, how it ruins strategy and rewards aggressiveness and mindless commitment at all times, with no setback.
If the Aerondight is on blue coin, its chances are massively increased, so even the worst of players should get a 50% winrate at the highest levels. And if you plan on forcing the card R2 to squirrel it away, its near impossible as that is such a low tempo move that in most situations you just cant afford to do it at all. A provision nerf would do nothing to that BS, it needs a significant rework.
PS - i hate even more how that crap found its way into my beloved deathwish archetype in a popular metadeck that has been going around, dumbing it down and making the DW player the villain.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Yesterday i finished the Summer Cycle (so a total of 23 days), so its time for a rant, havent done these in a long time...

1 - Being at Pro rank and trying to complete cycle quest sucks. They limit decks so much, its basically 1 deck possible per faction and you are at such big disadvantage against players who already completed it or just dont care about it. I have had more than my fill of NR and SK witchers for a lifetime.

2 - Meta settled. July was the big card drop month, but it was in August that he witnessed what new stuff found its way into the meta and what didnt. Ogroids disappeared completely, at least for me. And its quite rare to see ST or SY, its clear that the top 3 (in popularity at least) are clearly SK, NR and NG.
In the case of SK, the new pirates have been rejected in favour of SK Warriors which i sincerely hope get a massive nerf next patch. It doesnt take long to see why that deck is tier 1 even with devotion restrictions - everything plays absurdly above the point-provision curve. Even Tyr, which is the only important engine and even though when its insta-removed 90% of the time, it still plays for so much. Meanwhile, here i am trying to make a SY deck and i need spenders alive but nothing sticks for more than 1 turn... :giveup:

3 - Aerondight. I hate that card so much, it recently found its way into the exclusive pool of my most hated cards. Also cant believe it was never changed, despite the multiple criticisms from pros and streamers, how it ruins strategy and rewards aggressiveness and mindless commitment at all times, with no setback.
If the Aerondight is on blue coin, its chances are massively increased, so even the worst of players should get a 50% winrate at the highest levels. And if you plan on forcing the card R2 to squirrel it away, its near impossible as that is such a low tempo move that in most situations you just cant afford to do it at all. A provision nerf would do nothing to that BS, it needs a significant rework.
PS - i hate even more how that crap found its way into my beloved deathwish archetype in a popular metadeck that has been going around, dumbing it down and making the DW player the villain.
NG, SK, and NR being top 3 is a very very very old news..

13afef6b-d6e6-452a-8268-c001dfbd8330.jpg
bf4f1bb3-bad1-4348-ac6c-b3d4743e0e20.jpg
618b41b4-35bc-4d34-8574-bd7687db51ce.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom