Path 2.0 Dash are broken on PC ?

+
I took all the abilities associated with the "cool" branch: knifes, katana, dashes, air dash etc. and got a problem. It seems to me that the new movement system using the "ctrl" key does not work correctly on keyboard + mouse.
To make a dash, you need to fulfill many new conditions that were not present in the old game.
I can stable make a dash only in "W + Shift + double click Ctrl".
Aiming breaks animation and use dash while aiming is imposible.
For air dash need to perform the piece with perfect timings. I tried changing the layout and switching control modes, but it doesn't help.
No matter what I do, I cannot activate Sandevistan through a dash.
Why did the developers change the control system? Why can't I choose the old control method? Are there any plans for updates in future patches? Is there a modification that returns the old control system?

Simpler way to Dash, double tap the direction you want to travel. WASD, no other keys needed unless doing and air dash which you need to jump first.

To get use to moving with dash, just run around town with dash instead of just running.

Simpler way to Dash, double tap the direction you want to travel. WASD, no other keys needed unless doing and air dash which you need to jump first.

To get use to moving with dash, just run around town with dash instead of just running.
As far as I understand, this is an old method that no longer works. Before patch 2.0 I had no problems with movement.
Post automatically merged:

Am I the only one facing this problem? From the description of the skills it follows that I can somehow dash while aiming, but the dash interrupts the run, and to make a dash I need to be in a running state. Double clicking on WASD doesn't work anymore, maybe there's a way to get double clicking back?

Last edited:
As far as I understand, this is an old method that no longer works. Before patch 2.0 I had no problems with movement.

Am I the only one facing this problem? From the description of the skills it follows that I can somehow dash while aiming, but the dash interrupts the run, and to make a dash I need to be in a running state. Double clicking on WASD doesn't work anymore, maybe there's a way to get double clicking back?
Do you have the ' Steady Grip ' perk? That allows shooting while dashing. Dash replaces dodge, just double tap a movement direction for that.

Do you have the ' Steady Grip ' perk? That allows shooting while dashing. Dash replaces dodge, just double tap a movement direction for that.
Thank you very much. I missed this skill. The dash really works. Ctrl key it inconvenient, but i can get used to it.

Oh, Kereznikov is still not activated (

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I missed this skill. The dash really works. Ctrl key it inconvenient, but i can get used to it.

Oh, Kereznikov is still not activated (
That auto activates whenever dodging or sliding. The double jump legs do something like that when jumping, lets you glide, but doesn't slow time.

I just double tap the direction I want to dash in. No extra keys needed.

Whats tricky to learn is this. Normal jump > mid-air dash > double jump. The double jump retains the mid-air dash momentum, the result is traveling horizontally the distance of 2 dashes.

you need to tap you key very fast to dash even on a custom key (mouse 4 for me), if you hold , even a little, you will not dash.

I disabled the double tap with movement keys. I make too many quick fine adjustments and before 2.0 I kept getting knocked out of stealth. So I changed it to a thumb button on the mouse. But you still have to double tap even with a dedicated dodge button? No wonder why I couldn't always get it to work. Any way to make it so that the dodge button...just dodges by pressing it once??

I disabled the double tap with movement keys. I make too many quick fine adjustments and before 2.0 I kept getting knocked out of stealth. So I changed it to a thumb button on the mouse. But you still have to double tap even with a dedicated dodge button? No wonder why I couldn't always get it to work. Any way to make it so that the dodge button...just dodges by pressing it once??
no, you have to single tap, but really quick, not holding at all.

For me, if I'm holding down a movement key and press the Dodge Button that I have set to M4, my 4th mouse button AKA thumb button, it doesn't take a second tap and didn't take more than one tap on any keybinding it was on before. I don't actually know. This is how my setting is for it and it's just a single press. It does knock you out of stealth to use though as it's intended for you to use the 'crouch run' for stealth. If you're trying to double tap to dash a second time, then I understand because that's not it needing a second tap, but because there's a cool down in between Dashes. This CD is not shared with Air Dash (lor at least doesn't feel like it), so you can actually dash, jump, air dash, dash, jump, air dash, etc. Almost as fast as a car doing that some times, lol.

Using just direction keys for dashing is a double tap in the desired direction, doing that you can stay in stealth while doing so.

Using just direction keys for dashing is a double tap in the desired direction, doing that you can stay in stealth while doing so.
Double tapping or pressing the button do the same thing and both pull you out of crouch/stealth for the duration of the dash, then put you back into crouch/stealth when it ends. Tried to dash to grab people many times on Hard and Very Hard and they immediately turn and bop you when you dash at them from behind, lol. You can even test it without enemies. When you crouch, you get a light dark aura around the edge of your screen. When you dash during that, it fades for the dash, then returns afterwards. Dashing is great for mobility, not so good for stealth, lol. It may work better with the leg cyberware, but I like double jump too much to try. Dodging doesn't remove the crouch, but it does seem to disengage 'stealth' as it also removes the aura and does cause more than enough sound to alert nearby enemies no different from walking. Tested that when getting Sandra Dorsett many times trying to do the mission in stealth but faster.

Ground dash keeps you crouched.

With a perk crouched makes Mitigation Chance to effect detection speed ' Blind Spot ', Higher the mitigation, longer it takes to be detected. There is a dash perk for +100% mitigation chance when dashing ' Can't Touch This '. So you got between reflexes and cool perks plus cyberware for 26% chance ' Neofibor ' and ' Kinetic Frame ' at that point +156% chance which means detection speed is 156% slower. There is cool 15 perks for another 45%, not something for early lvls, that brings it to 206% chance.

So if you're being detected, you might have touched them exiting the dash. There is an early perk in cool that resets detection with each kill ' Gag Order '

In patch 1.01 they returned double tap dash. Its can to be turned on in game setting.
I am very happy. But I still couldn’t start Kereznikov: aiming + double tap dash not activate slow mothion, its can be bug.
Has anyone tested Kereznikov?

In patch 1.01 they returned double tap dash. Its can to be turned on in game setting.
I am very happy. But I still couldn’t start Kereznikov: aiming + double tap dash not activate slow mothion, its can be bug.
Has anyone tested Kereznikov?
Start the dash first, then aim and Kereznikov is automatic

Top Bottom