[PC 1.05] This patch BROKE Brick's detonator. It was WORKING in 1.04. Now I can't interact with it.

+
I saw in the patch notes for 1.05 that the detonator was "now interactable," but I didn't have a problem with it before.

Trying a new game now in 1.05, the detonator is broken. I can scan it, but no amount of jiggling or hopping up and down or standing on the counter or swearing at the gorram thing will let me pick it up, activate it, disarm it, any damn thing. Unbeliievable.

That's two things 1.05 broke now (tooltips on weapons being the other) when i was having zero problems before.

Are you even doing any QA on these patches that we waited an extra couple days for to get on PC? This is really getting old.

It's a huge game, so there are a lot of variables to consider. Unfortunately even with proper QA problems can happen if you have to release a huge hotfix.

It's best to report this here:
(verify/repair might be worth trying though, as suggested in this article).

Good sir or madam,

I have worked in IT for 25 years. My last gig was supporting researchers using AI and Deep Learning algorithms for image processing. I'm well aware of the complexities of software. Thanks for the tip about the best place to report it, but please consider that at the very least if a patch note mentions a specific mechanic, that mechanic should be thoroughly tested. Regression bugs can and will bite you on the tailpipe, but this was specifically called out as being fixed.... and instead, it broke it. There's just no excuse for that.

Edit: ok, this article says what to include in a blocker report. it does not mention WHERE to post this information. How do I get the save files to CDPR???

...wait, I can't make a save "after encountering the issue." This whole sequence occurs in combat. I can't save anywhere near the actual event. The last 20 minutes have been in combat and so will the next 5-10.

Maybe they should just look at this issue they specifically called out as being fixed without waiting for me to upload anything.

That must be a pretty awesome field!

I am just an old gamer and I'm used to bugs being resistant, even after addressing them directly. But enough of that. Hopefully, CDPR will find a solution for this issue.

After some testing:

Hadda do the whole escape sequence from a previous checkpoint, but it looks like the key is: DO NOT SCAN THE DETONATOR. Scanning it renders it non-interactive. If you don't scan it, and just walk over to it / mouseover normally first before hitting TAB (or capslock i suppose) it seems to work correctly.

Now pardon me a minute, i gotta go back and loot the place all over again ;)

Top Bottom