PC - Controller Detected Instead of Keyboard (No controller plugged in at all)

+
Playing on PC, Windows.

Having this issue all of a sudden today after not playing since the previous weekend. The only change I've done on my computer that could be relevant is upgrading nvidia drivers a couple days ago. Tried verifying files, then tried reinstalling, restarted computer, nothing works.

I see that this issue has cropped up before (on release? again half a year ago?) and was supposed to be fixed in the patches. Don't see any recent threads for this problem so posting this one.

Anyone got any ideas?

This was fixed back in October 2023 with patch 2.01 - Patch 2.01 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

PC-specific
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing on keyboard and mouse.

And it hasn't been a reported problem since. In other words, chances are it's not the game itself that's causing this issue.

I'm assuming the answer is no but I'll still ask anyway since it's not mentioned, no controller connected via blue tooth?

Running any mods?

You are certain you are running 2.12?

It's definitely weird that you'd be getting this now on 2.12, especially if it wasn't an issue over the last weeks/months.

If you're running a mod free game, it could be worth getting in touch with support.

Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

Thats
This was fixed back in October 2023 with patch 2.01 - Patch 2.01 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

And it hasn't been a reported problem since. In other words, chances are it's not the game itself that's causing this issue.

I'm assuming the answer is no but I'll still ask anyway since it's not mentioned, no controller connected via blue tooth?

Running any mods?

You are certain you are running 2.12?

It's definitely weird that you'd be getting this now on 2.12, especially if it wasn't an issue over the last weeks/months.

If you're running a mod free game, it could be worth getting in touch with support.

Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED
That's exactly why I'm confused, I didn't purchase this game until a month or two ago, and it was fine up until literally this week when suddenly this issue came up. All my Google searches show this was patched but it's happening to me now???

Zero mods, I'm playing vanilla since this is my first run

Top Bottom