Performance problems with Nvidia Notebook GPU in discreet mode. Micro stutter and Pauses every few second.

+
I noticed a problem with at least the MSI GE76 Raider notebooks when using discreet (Nvidia GPU only). You get a terrible framerate drop, microstutters and pauses in the game every few seconds. It makes the game unplayable.

Normally gamers use discreet mode exclusively because you gain 10-15% performance. Cyberpunk is the only game where this doesn't happen.

To fix it, I have to switch to Hybrid mode where the Nvidia GPU data is parsed through and output via th Intel CPU's integrated graphics chipset. To do this I have to change a setting in MSI Center and reboot my notebook.

Once I have set to hybrid and restarted the notebook, Cyberpunk runs perfectly smoothly. No microstutters or pauses, even with raytracing enabled. The difference is amazing.

Only additional problem is everytime I switch to hybrid mode, the XMP settings in the bios for my system ram resets to default timings. So it is a real pain. I noticed a few people have had this problem.

It seems like it shouldn't behave this way, so I thought I would try and bring it to CD Projects attention.

Top Bottom