Performance problems

+
Ever since the last update I have gone from easily holding 120 fps with little to no stuttering to 45-75 fps with constant stuttering.
I'm using a 3080 and a 10700k at 1080p with no ray tracing so this just seems insane. If this is actually gonna get worse with the expansion I have no interest in buying it.
Post automatically merged:

Just noticed the game isn't using all of my 3080's performance and I'm not really sure about my processor.
my 3080 is running at only 41 degrees which is pretty low compared to the 60 I'd normally hit.

I'm also playing on the Steam platform.

Last edited:
Unexplained performance issues are usually caused by a driver hiccup and a clean reinstall usually solves this.
  • Go to Nvidia Driver website and download the latest drivers or the ones you think are most stable
  • Then download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), read its notes on how to use it to remove your current drivers
  • Afterwards reinstall the drivers for your GPU and it should work.
I'm on a 3080Ti and I'm not experiencing any performance issues, so I'm afraid it's something on your end.

Just tried that and it still didn't work. I was not having these problems just a month ago. The only thing that has changed since then was them patching the game.

Last edited:
Try resetting your settings ingame to default, restart the game, set up your favorite settings again and see if things improve.

Don't suppose you are using a notebook? My MSI notebook has Discreet (nvidia GPU only) and Hybrid (Parses Nvidia GPU through integrated Intel CPU graphics).

For some reason Cyberpunk stutters like crazy in Nvidia only GPU mode, it's unplayable. If I set it to hybrid which requires a reboot normally loses 10% of performance. WIth cyberpunk everything runs perfectly smoothly at 1080. And that's with most things on high plus raytracing on.

On my system switching to hybrid just for this game causes other problems. The first time you switch to hybrid the ram timings are reset to defaults with no XMP :(

It will run fine for me for awhile, then the framerate will drop to about 40 fps until I restart the game. When this happens, my 3080 will be reporting 99 percent GPU usage but the power draw is only 200 watts when it should be 380 watts at 99 percent utilization.

On version 1.62 and before, it would stay at 60 to 80 percent utilization at a locked 60 fps at 1440p, raytracing ultra, dlss quality.

I'm having similar performance issues as well since the latest patch. My game is lightly modded with no conflicts with each other, however, my performance is ridiculous. Today my game crashed like 8 times and I can't figure out why.

My drivers are updated, game is fresh, tried custom, medium, full low settings and after a while I see heavy FPS drops and spikes no matter where I am like fighting, breaching or shopping. I'm also dumb to understand the key points of the crash logs.

My rig is:
- i5-7400 3.00gHz
- MSI GTX 1080 8GB
- 16gb KIngston Fury RAM

Before the patch (1.63) I never encountered performance issues and the game was heavily modded, plus I had an ASUS GTX 1650S which is significantly weaker than my current GPU.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I'm having similar performance issues as well since the latest patch. My game is lightly modded with no conflicts with each other, however, my performance is ridiculous. Today my game crashed like 8 times and I can't figure out why.

My drivers are updated, game is fresh, tried custom, medium, full low settings and after a while I see heavy FPS drops and spikes no matter where I am like fighting, breaching or shopping. I'm also dumb to understand the key points of the crash logs.

My rig is:
- i5-7400 3.00gHz
- MSI GTX 1080 8GB
- 16gb KIngston Fury RAM

Before the patch (1.63) I never encountered performance issues and the game was heavily modded, plus I had an ASUS GTX 1650S which is significantly weaker than my current GPU.

If you didn't, maybe performing a clean install of the game and then reinstalling your mods (if your sure they're compatible with the very last hotfix released few day ago) could help.

My rig is:
- i5-7400 3.00gHz
- MSI GTX 1080 8GB
- 16gb KIngston Fury RAM

It is easier to help, when you provide more information. Platform you are on, when crashes occur, error messages, log files, stuff like that. And you should def. do a clean install and see if it crashes in a new game, sometimes savegames are corrupted due to mods.

There is a new NVIDIA driver out today
NVIDIA GeForce 536.40 WHQL drivers

I have not tried them myself as the last few drivers have caused lots of issues and one of them was low gpu usage and a very stuttery frame rate.

I went way back to 460.79 which is the cyberpunk game ready driver and all is as it should be buttery smoothness.

As other people have said use DDU to uninstall and make sure to check the stop windows updating when it restarts box in the options.

Also try just the driver without geforce now you can install that later if you use it .

I also have performance problem on my PC which lasts from 1.5 or 1.52 patch and still not resolved - its FPS drop in random places in game after random time in game (30 - 40 min or 1 hour and ect). Before this FPS drop game runs very smoothly. I noticed that there are some triggers which activate this FPS-drop its - opening map , openeing map in fast trevel terminals or after i used photomod.

P.S
Thats not cuz of mods(i checked it in vanilla game) ,or NVidia drivers , or game settings (it happens also in low settings for example)

1440p 144HZ
i5 10400
RTX 3070
16 Gb ram
Win 10

There is a new NVIDIA driver out today
NVIDIA GeForce 536.40 WHQL drivers

I have not tried them myself as the last few drivers have caused lots of issues and one of them was low gpu usage and a very stuttery frame rate.

I went way back to 460.79 which is the cyberpunk game ready driver and all is as it should be buttery smoothness.

As other people have said use DDU to uninstall and make sure to check the stop windows updating when it restarts box in the options.

Also try just the driver without geforce now you can install that later if you use it .

Any idea why there would not be a "game ready" 460.79 driver for a rtx 3060? They only have it for the 3060TI (see below)
(I cannot use that one right?)

GeForce RTX 30 Series​

GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, GeForce RTX 3070

Top Bottom