Performance XP: Definition?

+
Do new system XP / Rank points depend on total strength you had?+Forfeit penalty?

Hi everyone.

Let's say that it's the third round, your total strength is higher than your opponent's, and he has already passed, but you still have some cards in hand. Will you benefit in higher Performance XP / Rank change points if you play the rest of your hand to the battlefield? Maybe it's not even total strength, but the fact that you played these cards?

I'm asking because I don't want to be that guy who goes "look at how much more rekt you get" after you already know that you've won. Most players just forfeit in this case anyway. I know I would (unless opponent passes too). This brings me to the second question: if I forfeit the game I know I lost, will I get lower XP/derank more? Because if it does work this way, I might just start to overwin last rounds / stop forfeiting whatsoever because it's beneficial to both players.

I have seem nothing to indicate that winning by 1 pt vs winning by 100 pts has any effect on rewards or rank. However - if you insist on playing out your cards after you have already won, it will most likely affect your GG's received.

Rounds Won/Lost seems to be the only factor that I am aware of.

Haha, yeah, receiving GG might be an issue.

However, you get 2 XP categories after the game: "match win/rounds win" & "performance", so it's defenitely not just win/loose factor.

"Performance" could include "played all cards to win/won with X cards remaining". I didn't code it, all just speculation.

I also am wondering about this..
because I almost never play my cards out if I know they are beat

Nice topic. I hope we will discuss more on this so that final build will be bug/exploit free.

I too want to know about this rank system more. From 2 days I am playing casual match thinking that rank match is different & not having daily rewards. When today I build quite good deck I started rank play & then I realize its the same thing :facepalm:

How does Performance work?

Hi,

Does anyone know what factors into performance? I noticed that I get a low-performance rating when I pass the last round just to be nice even though I have 3 or so cards left. Also, does performance relate to how much you gain in ranked matches? If the current system doesn't factor in how many cards I have left to paly then I might have to "rub it in" in the last round even though I don't want to be that player who always tries to finish his/her cards.

Any input from the devs would be greatly appreciated.

So, after several games it seems to me that Performance XP doesn't depend on your round strength / number of cards left in hand. Most of the time I get 72 Performance XP when I win.

Got this reply from devs in the comments of the video posted above:

There are two reasons why we chose to keep the performance calculations a secret. First and foremost, we’d love gamers to simply have fun playing GWENT, instead of making gameplay decisions based on the way XP is calculated. We’re working very hard for the feeling of progression to be rewarding in itself. Secondly, the system is not finalized yet. Committing to anything particular leaves us much less room to experiment with the calculations. Should we ever decide to make these public, you guys will definitely be the first to know!

Performance XP: Definition?

Do we know how Performance XP gets calculated? Do we know what it depends on?

The devs have stated the formula is a secret, because they don't want players to behave differently based on the outcome.

That's legit. I guess. Would still love to know wtf I did to get that 98 because it sure as shit wasn't my best performance.

4RM3D;n7375110 said:
The devs have stated the formula is a secret, because they don't want players to behave differently based on the outcome.

That's actually a good point. I'd prefer not to know.

I prefer the formula to be a secret as well. We would have alot of threads like: It takes forever for me to lev up because my opponent plays ... etc.

Top Bottom