PHANTOM LIBERTY has huge potential to having a follow up

+
imo PHANTOM LIBERTY has huge potential to having a follow up dlc maybe one where we finally go to the moon or something and see what has happened with so mi BUT GODDAMN I REALLY LOVED THE STORY ITS AMAZING AND I NEED MORE DLCS ILL PAY

Well CDPR have already stated quite definitely multiple times a that this is the only planned DLC. Saying 'only planned' is vague enough that they could possibly change their minds and make another DLC, which I would be quite happy with, but unless Phantom Liberty becomes and unexpected cash cow, which it so far has not, it seems pretty unlikely, especially given that they've already started moving on to different projects.

Actually scratch that, it has already been definitely stated that there will not be any other expansions

The decision has actually been made,” replied SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski. “As we have announced a long time ago, we’re not going to make a second or third expansion. This is the only expansion of the game, and it has nothing to do with the numbers and how satisfied or not we are with sales or anything of the kind.

I did read this interview but I guess I forgot.

Last edited:
They already stated this is the only expansion. Going to hope that they're not gonna abandon V and have them back again in the sequel. This new ending doesn't feel complete and the base-game endings don't feel complete either. V's story isn't over and a lot of us aren't ready to let go of V just yet. I would have loved a post-ending expansion, but they have other plans I guess....

I really REALLY want a DLC or sequel that focuses on what the Voodoo Boys/Maman Brigitte were prepping for; the ominous threat of AI beyond the Blackwall. A story revolving around the fall of the Blackwall and an AI takeover of Night City (or a new city/setting altogether?). They seem to be heavily hinting at this as it is. Almost every character in the game mentions the concern. Especially the theories around Mr. Blue Eyes actually being a rogue AI thats just taken over someones body, hence the blue eyes. The idea really opens up the potential for some really cool gameplay mechanics and story points, in my opinion. Imagine a Matrix-like scenario where literally any random civilian in the city could suddenly become a threat. Like Agents taking over the body of a random person trying to pursue Neo. Any random pedestrian could be overcome by an AI threat and start attacking at any moment. Would be so damn cool. Endless possibilities.

They already stated this is the only expansion. Going to hope that they're not gonna abandon V and have them back again in the sequel. This new ending doesn't feel complete and the base-game endings don't feel complete either. V's story isn't over and a lot of us aren't ready to let go of V just yet. I would have loved a post-ending expansion, but they have other plans I guess....

It's highly unlikely that V is a character they'll continue with but I hope it's somehow possible to do so.
Post automatically merged:

I really REALLY want a DLC or sequel that focuses on what the Voodoo Boys/Maman Brigitte were prepping for; the ominous threat of AI beyond the Blackwall. A story revolving around the fall of the Blackwall and an AI takeover of Night City (or a new city/setting altogether?). They seem to be heavily hinting at this as it is. Almost every character in the game mentions the concern. Especially the theories around Mr. Blue Eyes actually being a rogue AI thats just taken over someones body, hence the blue eyes. The idea really opens up the potential for some really cool gameplay mechanics and story points, in my opinion. Imagine a Matrix-like scenario where literally any random civilian in the city could suddenly become a threat. Like Agents taking over the body of a random person trying to pursue Neo. Any random pedestrian could be overcome by an AI threat and start attacking at any moment. Would be so damn cool. Endless possibilities.

A reminder that Mama Brigitte weren't prepping for the apocalypse. Their goal was to unleash it. They wanted to side with the AI against humanity.

They just chose Alt Cunningham, who is one of the few AI on humanitys side.

Top Bottom