Phantom Liberty Tour

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Phantom Liberty Tour is officially on!

We’re about to visit 8 cities, where you’ll get a chance to meet us and be one of the first to experience Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty!

Interested? Preem!

Visit the official website to find more details and sign up: https://cyberpunk.net/phantom-liberty-tour

I have to admit I'm disappointed by the lack of North American cities in there.

I mean, a global tour should, y'know, be global. Yet, one of the biggest markets out there isn't on the list. I can't imagine the South American market being big enough to warrant a visit but not North America.

I mean, a global tour should, y'know, be global. Yet, one of the biggest markets out there isn't on the list. I can't imagine the South American market being big enough to warrant a visit but not North America.
Not simply one of, but the biggest market for “AAA” games(more specifically narrative ones) and it’s not even close. Bigger than the rest of the world combined big last I checked.

That an American centric game entirely reliant on American audiences to exist set in an American dystopia is having a world tour excluding any appearance in an American city is puzzling, but so is nearly every other recent PR decision tbh.

Guest 4670038

Someone of YouTube was telling me that CB2077 is a parody of United States capitalism. The game is mostly about a terroristic rocker society with an unhealthy obsession with guns. Almost like the United States is viewed as a joke. So, it kind of makes sense for them to exclude the United States.

Not simply one of, but the biggest market for “AAA” games(more specifically narrative ones) and it’s not even close. Bigger than the rest of the world combined big last I checked.

That an American centric game entirely reliant on American audiences to exist set in an American dystopia is having a world tour excluding any appearance in an American city is puzzling, but so is nearly every other recent PR decision tbh.
Summer Game Fest rings a bell? A big event with playable demo and huge info-dump held in *gasp* LA?

Summer Game Fest rings a bell? A big event with playable demo and huge info-dump held in *gasp* LA?
2/10 - Low effort AF. Actually try next time please.

SGF isn't part of the Phantom Liberty Tour. As a matter of fact, it's not run by CDPR at all. Seriously... Just google it. CDPR didn't set up Summer Games Fest or Play Days - they're only participants. The only thing it has to do with CDPR is that some employees were there overseeing the demo booth.

I don't understand the concept anyway. I just hope if there's sth new on these events it will be posted online somewhere.
In the end, I don't get what is the point of these events where only a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of the potentially interested audience can attend.

Outside of what @BabaBooey88 pointed out, how hard would it be to add a SGF date if they know they'll be there and showing whatever this tour is about?

It's just one extra line to add to that post. Why not make it clear they're actually going to show it off at SGF? Staying silent on any specific place they'll visit, big even or not, defeats the very purpose of this announcement.

The transparency of allowing consumers to experience the game hands-on before release is exactly the kind of trust-rebuilding CDPR needs. Great work you guys!

Wasn't the tour to run before the release of Phantom Liberty?

I thought it was supposed to run that way so bugs could be worked out

Am I mistaken?

Wasn't the tour to run before the release of Phantom Liberty?

I thought it was supposed to run that way so bugs could be worked out

Am I mistaken?
well its more of a PR tour it seems. Starts in Aug so its before PL releases. Dont think bug seaching ever was a priority with this tour, not sure how it will work. Playtime will probably be limited for "regular" people. Influencers have already played some and they might get it early for review reasons(they were going too do that for Cp2077 i think, like a long time before release but it was scraped for obvious reasosn..).

You have to be 18? I'm literally a year younger then that. Surely I'm mature enough to play phantom liberty smh. (Not like I've played the game before or anything T_T)

You have to be 18? I'm literally a year younger then that. Surely I'm mature enough to play phantom liberty smh. (Not like I've played the game before or anything T_T)
Hum, I'm not lawyer and only speak for France, but I highly doubt CDPR would allow minors to play their "18+ game" no matter how "mature" you think to be :)
What you do by your own, it's only up to you (or at least, to your parents/legal tutors), but in that case, it's CDPR which will provide content which is not intended to be played by people under 18 years old, so....
Post automatically merged:

Edit, yes you have to be 18 ;)
You have to certify to be 18 or older when sign up :
Capture d’écran 2023-07-11 à 06.46.42.jpg

Last edited:
I am very excited for the tour! Some of them are close to where I live, or reachable via a small trip.
If I am not mistaken the one in Germany falls together with Gamescom.

Will this mean there will be a Cyberpunk/CDPR stand in Gamescom itself too?

Dear CDPR,

https://www.cyberpunk.net/gb/en/phantom-liberty-tour uses the (far inferior) US date format (MM/DD/YYYY) for the tour dates, even though the page is meant to be localised for the UK (glory to the Queen King). Please fix.

Kind Regards,
ReptilePZ (that's Pee-Zed)

P.S. Very ironic, considering the lack of US events.

P.P.S. Do a hands-on for the next Witcher game and I might actually bring myself to attend a gaming event. @Kinley once promised me beer but has yet to deliver on that promise, so...

Last edited:
I would love to participate in the event, specially in Köln.
But i do not count on that :sad:
Anyway, at least i do not have to tell myself i did not try, right? XD

I really want to partake in the event but my browser wont let me use the link because of "too many redirects". I tried on like 4 diffrent devices and all have the same issue... is there way to fix it?

Top Bottom