Update 2.1 LOD issues and low textures

+
Another pretty bad LoD issue I encountered when I left Placide place, where the ocean water texture wouldn´t load in properly until I got really close to it: LoD Issue (2.1) (youtube.com)

-I noticed the same problem when riding the metro as well. These LoD issues really kill the beauty of the world sometimes, I really hope they´re planning to adress them in the upcoming patches.

Last edited:
I'm ready to sacrifice my fps just not to see this low LOD buildings every time i zoom in with my kiroshi. I have to look at my feet hen running so as not to see downloading lods everytime. hope CDPR read this and fix)

It would be great if they fix all the LOD issues in the game. I love what they are doing, but for me, the city street textures, megabuildings, they all seem to not render well, and it really bothers me, especially when in dog town and you're surrounded by megabuildings

I'm ready to sacrifice my fps just not to see this low LOD buildings every time i zoom in with my kiroshi. I have to look at my feet hen running so as not to see downloading lods everytime. hope CDPR read this and fix)
Definitely. At least an option so that people with high end PCs (or for future hardware) can raise the setting to increase visual fidelity for LOD distance etc. I wonder if it's some kind of technical limitation/issue that CDPR don't want to invest the resources/time into.

Cyberpunk 2077

Tous Discussions Captures d'écran Créations de fans Diffusions Vidéos Actualités Guides Évaluations

Cyberpunk 2077 > Technical Discussions > Détails du sujet

Moebius13100
Il y a 12 heures

Texture streaming
Hello,

I wanted to know if, like me, you noticed that the draw distance of road signs was not great?

While driving I realize that the writing on the panels are initially in low resolution and loads in high resolution as I approach, but it remains visible.

However, I have a good PC:
48Gb Ram 7200Mhz

And the game is installed on a Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD.

I also disabled the "HDD" option.

Do you also have the same thing?

I haven't installed any mods.

RTX 4080 SUPER
R7 5800X3D
32 GB 3200

No matter how I set the parameters, my game is simply horrible. Whether in dlss or dlaa, having of course deactivated crap like motion blur or depth of field.

I bought my setup for Cyberpunk and I'm so sad that the game looks so ugly on my 4K screen. It's as if the textures were in 720p. There's a certain weird blurriness. The display distance in vehicle is low. Textures that can have clipping... I've already spent more than 10h adjusting settings, testing mods, like plus ultra but it's not enough.

Cyberpunk is the only game I have a problem with. I've already do a ddu. Nvidia panel has been reset. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game + deleted all files + config. I tested on a new save. HDD mode is off.

I have no idea how to solve my problem, for 2 weeks I've been looking on reddit and video game forums, on youtube but I haven't found any solutions and I feel like I'm the only one this happens to.

The only solution I have left is to try another ssd than the one I currently have (SN570), but I don't have another ssd in my pc. Otherwise, all I have left is to reinstall Windows...

Here's a video of my in-game rendering (sorry for the luminosity/color rendering, I'm playing in HDR)

RTX 4080 SUPER
R7 5800X3D
32 GB 3200

No matter how I set the parameters, my game is simply horrible. Whether in dlss or dlaa, having of course deactivated crap like motion blur or depth of field.

I bought my setup for Cyberpunk and I'm so sad that the game looks so ugly on my 4K screen. It's as if the textures were in 720p. There's a certain weird blurriness. The display distance in vehicle is low. Textures that can have clipping... I've already spent more than 10h adjusting settings, testing mods, like plus ultra but it's not enough.

Cyberpunk is the only game I have a problem with. I've already do a ddu. Nvidia panel has been reset. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game + deleted all files + config. I tested on a new save. HDD mode is off.

I have no idea how to solve my problem, for 2 weeks I've been looking on reddit and video game forums, on youtube but I haven't found any solutions and I feel like I'm the only one this happens to.

The only solution I have left is to try another ssd than the one I currently have (SN570), but I don't have another ssd in my pc. Otherwise, all I have left is to reinstall Windows...

Here's a video of my in-game rendering (sorry for the luminosity/color rendering, I'm playing in HDR)
Only point I can't think of is have you seen what difference it makes to reduce your field of view (champ de vision)? At 4k the game is having to load a lot and I think the default is 75(?). You have it set to 100.

Last edited:
Only point I can't think of is have you seen what difference it makes to reduce your field of view (champ de vision)? At 4k the game is having to load a lot and I think the default is 75(?). You have it set to 100.
Yeah, I remember some having LOD issues only because they had set the FOV "too high".

Yeah, my fov is set on 100 actually. I'll try to get it to 75.

Thanks for your messages, I'll let you know if anything changes.
There is one thing which catch my attention it's at the end of your video, the last NPC seem to not be correctly loaded for a little while and appear blurry/low-res for a couple of seconds. Not sure, it could be due to the recording or youtube, but if it's the case, could be something around your SSD.
I remember it was a "common" issue after the release, but only/mainly on HDDs. Due to low transfert rate of HDDs, the game wasn't able to load quickly enough textures and display high-res NPCs in time. Something which shouldn't happen anymore and above all, shouldn't happen on SSDs.

If it's the case, weird to say that, but try to activate Slow HDD mode. The game should rely less on your drive (indeed you will experience other issues, like seing many duplicate NPCs but that's not the point). If it doesn't happen anymore, you should really check/survey your SSD in case, it could be the "culprit".

Top Bottom