Players made DLCs

+
With 1.3 newly added functionality to activate small DLCs I really wonder if there may be official way how to make modders creations (using format which have 3 DLCs now) to add new cars, clothes etc into game without need to install any additional software and modify game files. I can quite easily imagine many awesome looking things because they can be already seen in some of mods. And it could be available also for other platforms as is PC which I think consoles user would welcome. Maybe there are numerous reasons why this cannot happen, but still I see it interesting and have small hope that it could be officially commented one day.

With 1.3 newly added functionality to activate small DLCs I really wonder if there may be official way how to make modders creations (using format which have 3 DLCs now) to add new cars, clothes etc into game without need to install any additional software and modify game files. I can quite easily imagine many awesome looking things because they can be already seen in some of mods. And it could be available also for other platforms as is PC which I think consoles user would welcome. Maybe there are numerous reasons why this cannot happen, but still I see it interesting and have small hope that it could be officially commented one day.
Yup sounds like an avenue, but as a couple of people explained for consoles here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/are-mods-coming-to-console.11078252/
It would still need an official dev-kit and some form of approval process for the mods. Also Sony explicitly refuse to allow any assets that don't already exist in the game so no new outfits, buildings or vehicles :(

The only way I see it working on console at the moment is if CDPR officially added "modded" content as an official dlc, which I suppose they could do if they chose to as I'm pretty sure their usage policy means they own any mod content
Post automatically merged:

Actually thinking about it down the line, post dlc, post expansion, some kind of competition for adoption of modded bits and pieces with a community vote could be quite cool.

Last edited:
fuck paid dlcs, modding should remain modding. if cdpr wants to contract out to modders to help build a dlc/expansion that's the end of the modding scene as far as i'm concerned

fuck paid dlcs, modding should remain modding. if cdpr wants to contract out to modders to help build a dlc/expansion that's the end of the modding scene as far as i'm concerned
Um I think maybe you misunderstood, the only way to get mods on console would be for them to be officially adopted and available through the game. I don't think anyone suggested we should pay for them?

Top Bottom