Please CDPR, include a pre-download period

+
It's the eve of April 16, 2020. It's almost here, the day we've all been waiting for. As soon as 12:00 am rolls around, I open up GOG, click on the Cyberpunk 2077 application, and start downloading. I can hardly wait to play the game I've been waiting for with bated breath, the game I've followed ever so closely for so long. Anxious for the game to download as quickly as possible, I look to the bottom left of my screen to confirm that the game is indeed downloading.

Much to my dismay, the download speed I see could not be slower. I do not see 1 GB/s, not 1 MB/s, but a measly 600 KB/s. At this rate, and with the game rumored to be almost 80 GB in size, my download will take a whopping 1 day, 15 hours, 46 minutes, and 5 seconds.

i'm sure my situation is familiar to many of you on this forum. While I wish I could get faster internet speeds, that is simply not an option out where I live. So I am begging you CDPR, please include a pre-download period, even just one day would be helpful, so that all of us who have horrible internet speeds can get to playing this amazing game as soon as possible.

And of course, even if you do not include a pre-download period, thank you for everything you guys do anyway, you set such a high standard for the industry, and I could not be more proud of my favorite developers!:beer:

I feel with you OP, though I have a bit faster download speed(One day!?Really?) but I'm also longing for the game.
Then, I remember 17th of May 2015. Oh I was playing the game on the day of release, all right, but then came the 16 DLC release plan. I felt that, hell I can wait. If devs do anything like that with Cyberpunk 2077...well I'm thinking of all the possible goodies I don't want to be without. Ergo I'll wait.......but then again I guess I wont. :coolstory:

I agree with your praise. The devs are the best! :giggle:
You hear me @Marcin Momot
The best! :howdy:

I'm pretty confident we'll get a predownload period. That's fairly standard in the industry these days, and CDPR has done it in the past. TW3 was available for preload on all platforms like 5 days in advance IIRC.

I'm pretty confident we'll get a predownload period. That's fairly standard in the industry these days, and CDPR has done it in the past. TW3 was available for preload on all platforms like 5 days in advance IIRC.
it is pretty standard today mostly because majority of games now have always online server connection requirements. Sekiro didnt preload until just a few hours before launch day hit. I figured it was due to it being single-player offline game. so i dont expect to see preload for it untill 9-10pm on 19th

so i dont expect to see preload for it untill 9-10pm on 19th
I'll bet you a shout out in signatures it's at least 24 hours in advance. Once again TW3 (and Blood and Wine) we're both available for predownload. Hearts of Stone itself was not, but the patch for it was, and the content itself wasn't very big.

Last edited:
Well that gives me some hope that there will be a pre-download for cyberpunk. I want to get it downloaded and playable as soon as possible, after all

This topic gets brought up once a week, it seems.

Don't worry. There have been pre-downloads for other GoG games and CDPR games, the same will be true here.

Top Bottom