Please, remove memes from the Portuguese-BR version!

+
Hello, I come across this topic to ask you to remove the lines 'memes' from the Portuguese - Brazilian version, with all respect to the work and the dubbing team that did a great job, all the voice actors gave emotion, feelings and intonation naturally and organic, the female V voice actor (Erika Menezes) who for me was the one who kept V's skin, but the idea of putting memes (and especially in excess) takes away all the immersion and diverts the player out of the Cyberpunk universe, many times during combats where memes are used a shock occurs and causes concentration and immersion to be diverted from the player.

It doesn't make sense and it is one of the factors that players from my country avoided trying Cyberpunk 2077.
Thanks!

There are adaptations that doesn't make any sense.
Gambé for cops? Why not the old tried and true "Tiras" from the classic 80's police movies like Police Academy (Loucademia de Polícia).
I also didn't like how many inserted spanish words are for Jackie when he doesn't even speak that many in the original script.
Sorry but the team behind the translations and localization could have used more common words or keep a little bit closer to the original script.

But what is done is done. I don't think they would ever change voice over and scripts on this.

There are adaptations that doesn't make any sense.
Gambé for cops? Why not the old tried and true "Tiras" from the classic 80's police movies like Police Academy (Loucademia de Polícia).
I also didn't like how many inserted spanish words are for Jackie when he doesn't even speak that many in the original script.
Sorry but the team behind the translations and localization could have used more common words or keep a little bit closer to the original script.

But what is done is done. I don't think they would ever change voice over and scripts on this.

I recalled in an early gameplay trailer (English) that Jackie kept calling V "heina" over and over and over again. It was way too much, and I complained about it.
Thankfully, he's written and acted pretty well in the final English version.

Does "meme" mean something different in portugeuse? i dont think a meme breaks any immersion. If anything, these kinds of jokes add much needed life into a lifeless game. Character. There needs to be alot more character.

Well, I mean, guys, it could just be that he is translating the word inaccurately to what he is trying to comminute. :shrug:
But, I do have to say apart from expressing displeasure (which I agree with, as publicly communicating your thoughts on the game is what game forums are for in part) it is silly to seriously believe they would go back and re-voice act that much work.

Top Bottom