[POLL] Do you use a gamepad to play the game?

+

Do you use a gamepad to play GWENT on PC?

• YES

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • NO

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Poll time! As a GWENT player on PC do you use a gamepad to play the game? Long story short we won't be supporting gamepads on the PC version if not needed.

rrc

Forum veteran
I didn't even know that gamepads were supported/allowed for playing in PC. If not supporting gamepads will give the team more time to change Hattori and Ele'yas and make them playable, then by all means, please do that.

I just made a post about moving from console to PC, including controller support.

Since people now move over from console to PC, I think it would be a great gesture by CDPR to port the PS4 and Xbox controller interfaces to PC and have full and "real" support for controllers in Gwent.

Personally I think this is also something that is not only about Gwent, but general company policy for CDPR and optimizing their GoG services and maintaining controller competence.
The controller interface from PS4 is excellent, credit to CDPR for it! It is in my opinion better to use than a mouse, very slick indeed.

I think it would be a mistake for CDPR to not expand controller support in GoG in general, including Gwent, and the timing would be especially bad now that console players have to move to PC.

Who knows, perhaps at some point, GoG will also port old console games to PC and sell those?

I came from console so I like to use the controller as I feel it is fun to use when playing. I know most will say they don't use controllers but I feel that's because most started on PC. I hope CDPR will keep supporting controllers as many people have migrated from consoles with more probably to come and are used to it.

Having finally got my account transferred and tested the waters on PC, I was able to try the game with a controller again (over USB for now), and it's awesome! I actually thought I had to do some special setups etc, but it seems to just work plug'n'play.

The feeling of playing with a controller is great. It feels like less of a transition, although the audio output on the controller is not working (but I'll probably find a solution). The only interface issue is that the shop is not working, it's not really possible to go to the shop with the controller.

Well well, anyways, I hope CDPR keeps the controller support now that the console people are/have moving/moved to PC. If not, it would be nice if CDPR would support a project like DS4Windows so we at least can emulate a mouse and keyboard with a controller and use a controller in the game despite no real controller support. It seems like a pretty decent alternative, although not as good as "Qjoypad" for GNU/Linux.

But that's another topic, would be great if Gwent had a GNU/Linux port, but ok. Seems we're stuck taking it in the back from the likes of Google, Microsoft and Apple for now.

Top Bottom