Probably memory leak - Cyberpunk

+
i remove skippy and johnny jacket because they was yellow marked and i couldn´t stash it. after i use the save game editor and readd them via console everything is fine for me. my question was or is, will it safe too use this method or it will be happend like you said ....

...Even though my installation is clean, my saved game will still contain the reference data for the mods I've used in the past. (Hanging scripts that can't terminate, stacking up every time the game needs to load new areas or the player reloads a saved game, can very much create degradation of performance over time.)...

don´t know if it will be same as mods or it doesn´t matter. since the johnny jacket i got in the cybercat editor around 5-8 times in my inventory

hope i could explain it better (sorry for my poor english)

i remove skippy and johnny jacket because they was yellow marked and i couldn´t stash it. after i use the save game editor and readd them via console everything is fine for me. my question was or is, will it safe too use this method or it will be happend like you said ....

...Even though my installation is clean, my saved game will still contain the reference data for the mods I've used in the past. (Hanging scripts that can't terminate, stacking up every time the game needs to load new areas or the player reloads a saved game, can very much create degradation of performance over time.)...

don´t know if it will be same as mods or it doesn´t matter. since the johnny jacket i got in the cybercat editor around 5-8 times in my inventory

hope i could explain it better (sorry for my poor english)
I'd say the chances of causing a problem like that is pretty small. :)

Reference data works as follows (overly simplified for the sake of an example):

1.) I download a mod that adds a coat that doesn't exist in the vanilla game. I equip the coat. That coat affects my character's stats.

2.) I save the game. The game saves my character's stats, including the values granted by the coat (which doesn't normally exist in the game.) That is now part of the saved file's data.

3.) I later decide I don't like the mod, and I deactivate it or remove it. This removes the data from the game, but the saved game file won't magically be able to understand that the data from the coat no longer exists.

4.) I reload my saved game, and I notice that my stats are all wonky. They're higher than they should be, and I can't seem to make them go back to normal. I also crash every time I try to equip a coat or a shirt. Why?

Well, the game's save file is referencing data for a coat that should be currently equipped. However, there is no coat. The vanilla game doesn't recognize a coat that doesn't actually exist in the vanilla data. So, it tries to load what the save game file says should be there. But if I try to affect it during gameplay, it won't recognize that the coat slot is actually empty, because the screwed up reference data says "something" is equipped there that no longer exists. Hence: crash.

^ That's just one, potential way that bad reference data can create weirdness. The only way to fix that is to re-install the mod for the coat, so the game knows what that other data is referring to. There are LOTS of ways that this can happen, though -- from game mechanics, to graphical modifications, to sound files.

So, is your adding existing items via the console going to leave bad reference data? No -- not so long as the items and all of their associated assets exist as part of the vanilla game.

Tbh ANY mod reference in save files could be responsible for the Vram increase. So could save fixer or so on since we arent sure about what is causing it. Best way would be to clean install not install any mods and start a new save. Should be clear if vram keep increasing the same way that mods are innocent. If it doesnt you can start adding mods one by one and test for some time too se if it comes back. Hade a issue with skyrim with 1500 mods and it was a pain to fix but i got there.

my vram didn´t get higher als before after i made this cybercat editings for skippy and johnny´s jacket and readd them via console for stash and display
was the only way that i can stash them. had the bug before with johnny´s jacket but it was fixed after the sweet dreams gig. this time it doesn´t fix it so i remove skippy from my save via cybercat and than when i load the new save file i readd them via console and could stash him the yellow marked was gone.

on johnny jacket it doesn´t work but after i took a second look at the save file, i saw that are more than 1 jackets was listed. after i removed all from the save file, and reload it, i add them and could stash it. both are vanila items no mod items. as i mentioned earlier i use only cet (cyber engine tweaks).

i can use now both items or stash it when i want it

Last edited:
Top Bottom