Problem with Crashes riding towards Skellige Island

+
Hi guys, hope we can solve this. Going towards one of the skellige islands on a boat the game crashes as soon as I hit a certain mark towards the island.

My System:
Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11GB
Ryzen 1800X @3.6Ghz
32GB RAM 3000Mhz (Corsair Vengence)

All drivers are up to date.

If someone has information about this bug, it will be appriecated and for anyone else that is experiencing this issue. I uploaded a YouTube video to illustrate the point. Link is below

Thank you

That's most likely caused by corrupted data.

1.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

2.) If not, try running a verify / repair through GOG / Steam / Origin.

3.) Also, be sure the game's .exe is set to "Run as administrator".

Hi all, i read stickys etc,couldnt find solution to my problem. Playing W3 for the first time. Completely did all I can in Velen and went to the sailor guy and clicked to leave for skellige. It goes 3 seconds into the sunset over velen harbour and then exits to desktop. Google has not been helpful on the matter. Any fix?

Pc:core I7, 8th gen, 16 gig corsair ram, 512 ssd hdd lemme know if any further specs are needed.

Have you tried sailing to Skellige using an earlier save?
Using any mods? If so disable them and try again.
First I've heard of this particular issue, tbh.

Yeah I have no mods installed and have tried using earlier saves. Looks like I'm gonna need to send the save to cdproject support.

Hmmm i dont see how merging it here has helped me. I don't see any relevant replies in this thread. But thanks anyway i guess.

Hmmm i dont see how merging it here has helped me. I don't see any relevant replies in this thread. But thanks anyway i guess.

Verify/Repair is still your best way to go. Or reinstall the game.
You can also make sure everything has the latest drivers.

It goes 3 seconds into the sunset over velen harbour and then exits to desktop. Google has not been helpful on the matter. Any fix?

This is either data corruption or something on your PC is preventing the cutscene from triggering. What's the installation path you're using? Windows version?

Also, did you ever use any mods with the game in the past, even if they're uninstalled now?

Top Bottom