Pure Netrunner Best Quickhacks for the Reaper?

+

Milaal

Forum regular
My next run will be as a pure Netrunner and thinking WAAAY ahead, I wondered what suite of Quickhacks everyone might recommend for a nearly Quickhacks only run of (Don’t Fear) the Reaper? My own thought had been Ping, Contagion, Short Circuit, Synapse Burnout, Detonate Grenade, System Reset, and Suicide (so obviously minus one of those 7. My build would be Body 8, Reflexes 3, Intelligence 20, Technical Ability 20, and Cool 20, with the Tetratronic Rippler. I’d probably have a Tech and Smart Weapon in backup for absolute emergencies.
Edit: Is Breach a Quickhacks or just something you get automatically for having a Cyberdeck? It’s been a long time for me.

Last edited:
I did a nearly pure netrunner build for my corpo V and how I beat Smasher was through short-circuiting him, shooting him, then running away. Used contagion and short circuit on the rocket boys up top, but kept short-circuiting Smasher, shooting him and running away until he was dead. lol

Milaal

Forum regular
I did a nearly pure netrunner build for my corpo V and how I beat Smasher was through short-circuiting him, shooting him, then running away. Used contagion and short circuit on the rocket boys up top, but kept short-circuiting Smasher, shooting him and running away until he was dead. lol

Which Quickhacks did you use otherwise?

Edit: Is Breach a Quickhacks or just something you get automatically for having a Cyberdeck? It’s been a long time for me.
It available directly when a Cyberdeck is installed (like all the Qh which are used to control devices).

Short Circuit and Contagion which are the best in my opinion (short cicuit to deal high damage and contagion which jump on a large amount of enemies with perks, so they're pretty much unable to fight back for a little while).
In addition of these two, if you have access to legendary QHs (I guess, you will), you might consider installing some other QHs, not to use them directly, but for their passive effects.
For example, you can install Cripple Movement for its passive effect > Passive While Equipped: Enemies under the effect of any quickhack cannot Sprint.
During a fight, you upload simply Ping (Ping is a QH), it mean that all the enemies affected by Ping (all of them in the area^^) cannot sprint for a little while. Ideal to prevent melee fighters to rush on you or let you a little time to move.

Milaal

Forum regular
Okay, thanks both. I just finished an all but Clean Sweep Playthrough with my Solo and I want to do an Absolute Clean Sweep with my Netrunner.
Solo missed the Roller Coaster, Skippy’s Finish, a Single Car, and what appears to be a single locked door in Kabuki. I was amazed I actually got the iguana right as I closed in on starting Nocturne Op55n1

The only thing to remember is at low levels quickhacks are really bad so you still need decent guns.

In addition to circuit and con - using reboot optics passive is a blessing. using it via breach protocol for big grps will help a lot to stay out of gunfire for quite a bit without really caring stealth mode or avoiding enemies/bullets.

Edit: while nothing is more powerful than circuit, system reset and con - they become kinda boring pretty fast tho. Lately i found fun in using cyberpsychosis and grenate. Like using psycho on ncpd hustle bosses who kill their on squads or on robots/drones turning them into allys/minions who fight alongside you are kinda refreshing for a netrunner playthrough ^^

Actually im playing this exact same build you are going for right now. 20 Int/Tech/Cool 8 Body. But compared to my other Lucy Monowire-Netrunner 18 Int/Tech/Reflex 14 Cool. This one, as Nomade, doesnt use any battle QHs at all. Hes more the „Techi“ using all the support/utillity QHs instead like cribble, reboot optics, weapon glitch, cyberware malfunction, psycho and grenate paired with Smart/Tech weapons & the Knife skilltree. Currently 30/50 right after the heist still cleaning ncpd hustles - main & sidequests untouched. Hes a lot of fun <3

Last edited:
Seeing these posts, I think I've been not taking full advantage of breach protocol and ping. Next playthrough I'm going for a blade and stealth build so will keep all this in mind!

I just know I’ll be using a wide variety of Quickhacks, much more so than on any of my other Playthrough. I’m unsure how I feel about Suicide and Cyberpsychosis, though just now I can’t really remember why. The Cyberdecks will be an interesting question for just before the Heist and after. I imagine the Stephenson series (Mk 2 followed by Mk 3) will be best for Watson, call it level 3 (after getting out of The Ride) to level 16 or 17 (immediately prior to The Heist).
OOC, what level do most people leave Watson at, if doing a clean sweep prior to the big score? Also, is it common to meet Evelyn first and early, or save her to the end? I *think* I met her around 5th level on my current Playthrough, but that was several hundred hours of actual playtime ago.
Post automatically merged:

Breach Protocol is quite powerful especially early on/mid game. You should really give it a try jipp :)
I honestly forgot about Mass Vulnerability and it’s upgrades, amazingly good. Not sure I like the turret tamer, as I want to Breach ahead of active combat sometimes and having turrets go nuts while I’m in stealth would suck. Also, can you use some Ultimate Quickhacks with stealth / covertly? It would seem like Suicide should, though I’m unsure about detonate grenade.

Last edited:
on very hard you gonna be around 13-15 cleaning watson before the heist - After the heist i left watson around 17 on this playthrough. Cant say for lower difficulties as i always take VH for all my chars

as for stealth cdpr nerfed some legendarys like ping or even breach protocol with legendary cyberdecks. both will alared enemies on those level (pre combat mode they will be aware you are around but wont spot you). Most of the other Ultimates are not effected by this nerf tho. As long as you are using epic ping/cyberdecks pure stealth mode is possible - meaning ping and breach protocol included. A specific QH which takes down enemies instantly AND 100% silent is System Reset. One of the most powerful and effective QH in the game. This one wont alared enemies near by in any case.

i always „save“ all three option (meredith, mealstrom and evelyn) for the end - cleaning the ncpd hustles first before i take the ride with Dex. Afterwards i call meredith and procced with the story. but for your question it doesnt matter if you take evelyn or mealstrom first. since you need both tasks to be done anywas. the outcome is the same. no advanteges in choice.

Last edited:
I like to spread those three things out. doing them in a different order. I do Evelyn, Meredith then Maelstrom after riding with Dex first as he gives you a lift to a decent gunshop.

Freaking PING alerts enemies? Wow, CDPR just earned a little hate from me. Oh wait, Epic Ping is all right but not below? Yeah, that seems dumb.

There is no need for weapons at all… you can either use a streetfight shotgun drop or the Black Unicorn for the first few level after reaching 5+ breach protocol & epic short circuit (buyable at kabuki market, where you get your free ping) is enough to never touch a weapon ever again.

Freaking PING alerts enemies? Wow, CDPR just earned a little hate from me.
Im not sure if its the ping on its self…

LeKill made the call that the passive abilities of legendary qhs alert them. Not Ping nor the Deck : /

Last edited:
Top Bottom